* Re: gcc snapshots -vs- java libraries
@ 2001-01-03 10:15 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2001-01-03 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: bryce, gcc, pfeifer

> To: Mike Stump <mrs@windriver.com>
> cc: pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at, bryce@albatross.co.nz, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
> From: Jeffrey A Law <law@redhat.com>
> Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 22:47:51 -0700

>   In message <200012141659.IAA20291@kankakee.wrs.com>you write:
>    > Ah, didn't know it was there!  I've come up with what I think are the
>   > right patches.  They are below.  Jeff, can I put them in?
> Feel free.

Ok, they are in.  After the snapshot script is updated, and run, be on
the lookout for moving java libraries from the main tar files into the
java tar file.

* Re: gcc snapshots -vs- java libraries
@ 2001-01-15 23:44 ` Bryce McKinlay
From: Bryce McKinlay @ 2001-01-15 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Stump; +Cc: law, gcc, pfeifer

Mike Stump wrote:

> >   In message <200012141659.IAA20291@kankakee.wrs.com>you write:
> >    > Ah, didn't know it was there!  I've come up with what I think are the
> >   > right patches.  They are below.  Jeff, can I put them in?
> > Feel free.
>
> Ok, they are in.  After the snapshot script is updated, and run, be on
> the lookout for moving java libraries from the main tar files into the
> java tar file.

Unfortunatly, this doesn't seem to have happened yet as of the 2000-01-15
snapshot.

It would be real cool if someone could find a moment to install the updated
script, maybe do a test run, whatever...

cheers

   [ bryce ]

* Re: gcc snapshots -vs- java libraries
@ 2001-01-02 21:51 ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2001-01-02 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Stump; +Cc: pfeifer, bryce, gcc

  In message <200012141659.IAA20291@kankakee.wrs.com>you write:
   > Ah, didn't know it was there!  I've come up with what I think are the
  > right patches.  They are below.  Jeff, can I put them in?
Feel free.

  > I'll
  > assume that the nightly cron job runs the file in cvs at the time and
  > only Jeff should ok these.
Not yet :(

jeff

* Re: gcc snapshots -vs- java libraries
@ 2000-12-14  8:59 Mike Stump
From: Mike Stump @ 2000-12-14  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law, pfeifer; +Cc: bryce, gcc

> Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 16:36:16 +0100 (CET)
> From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
> To: Jeffrey A Law <law@redhat.com>

> On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> > Yes.  The snapshot script needs some updates to account for the
> > integration of libgcj stuff.

> Now that this script is in CVS, patches to  gcc/contrib/snapshot
> are highly welcome! :-)

Ah, didn't know it was there!  I've come up with what I think are the
right patches.  They are below.  Jeff, can I put them in?  I'll
assume that the nightly cron job runs the file in cvs at the time and
only Jeff should ok these.

I'd like to ask the java people to hand check the snapshots after this
work goes in and make sure the right bits come out in the right place.

> Also, it would be great if someone could unify/merge the snapshot
> and release scripts and/or generalize them further.

Ah, glad to see more of this exposed.  I was thinking, we need more of
the nightly testing and build scripts exposed.  The idea is that we
all roll our own now, but this is problematic for many reasons.  I'd
rather _share_ my nightly build and test script, so that some of the
time, other folks could fix it instead of having to do it myself,
also, so that people that want to contribute some machine cycles and
disk space, but don't want to do more that just one simple command
can.

Doing diffs in snapshot.~1~:
*** snapshot.~1~	Wed Nov  8 14:43:50 2000
--- snapshot	Thu Dec 14 08:48:11 2000
*************** find . -type f -print | sort > ../files_
*** 49,54 ****
--- 49,55 ----
  cp ../.brik_$last_date ./.brik
  cd ..
  rm -rf gcc/{libio,libstdc++,libstdc++-v3,libf2c,libchill,libobjc}
+ rm -rf gcc/{boehm-gc,fastjar,libffi,libjava,zlib}
  rm -rf gcc/gcc/{testsuite,f,objc,cp,java,ch}
  mv gcc gcc-$last_date

*************** find . -type f -print  | sort > ../files
*** 61,66 ****
--- 62,68 ----
  cp ../.brik_$date ./.brik
  cd ..
  rm -rf gcc/{libio,libstdc++,libstdc++-v3,libf2c,libchill,libobjc}
+ rm -rf gcc/{boehm-gc,fastjar,libffi,libjava,zlib}
  rm -rf gcc/gcc/{testsuite,f,objc,cp,java,ch}
  mv gcc gcc-$date

*************** diff  -Nrc3p gcc-$last_date/gcc/objc gcc
*** 102,107 ****
--- 104,114 ----
  diff  -Nrc3p gcc-$last_date/libobjc gcc-$date/libobjc >> gcc-objc-$last_date-$date.diff

  diff  -Nrc3p gcc-$last_date/gcc/java gcc-$date/gcc/java > gcc-java-$last_date-$date.diff
+ diff  -Nrc3p gcc-$last_date/boehm-gc gcc-$date/boehm-gc >> gcc-java-$last_date-$date.diff
+ diff  -Nrc3p gcc-$last_date/fastjar gcc-$date/fastjar >> gcc-java-$last_date-$date.diff
+ diff  -Nrc3p gcc-$last_date/libffi gcc-$date/libffi >> gcc-java-$last_date-$date.diff
+ diff  -Nrc3p gcc-$last_date/libjava gcc-$date/libjava >> gcc-java-$last_date-$date.diff
+ diff  -Nrc3p gcc-$last_date/zlib gcc-$date/zlib >> gcc-java-$last_date-$date.diff

  diff  -Nrc3p gcc-$last_date/gcc/ch gcc-$date/gcc/ch > gcc-chill-$last_date-$date.diff
  diff  -Nrc3p gcc-$last_date/libchill gcc-$date/libchill >> gcc-chill-$last_date-$date.diff
*************** diff  -Nrc3p gcc-$last_date gcc-$date >>
*** 138,144 ****
  tar cf - gcc-$date/.brik gcc-$date/gcc/f gcc-$date/libf2c | gzip --best > gcc-g77-$date.tar.gz
  tar cf - gcc-$date/.brik gcc-$date/gcc/testsuite/g77.f-torture | gzip --best > gcc-g77-testsuite-$date.tar.gz
  tar cf - gcc-$date/.brik gcc-$date/gcc/objc gcc-$date/libobjc | gzip --best > gcc-objc-$date.tar.gz
! tar cf - gcc-$date/.brik gcc-$date/gcc/java | gzip --best > gcc-java-$date.tar.gz
  tar cf - gcc-$date/.brik gcc-$date/gcc/ch gcc-$date/libchill | gzip --best > gcc-chill-$date.tar.gz
  tar cf - gcc-$date/.brik gcc-$date/gcc/cp gcc-$date/{libio,libstdc++,libstdc++-v3} | gzip --best > gcc-g++-$date.tar.gz
  tar cf - gcc-$date/.brik gcc-$date/gcc/testsuite/g++.old-deja | gzip --best > gcc-g++-tests-$date.tar.gz
--- 145,151 ----
  tar cf - gcc-$date/.brik gcc-$date/gcc/f gcc-$date/libf2c | gzip --best > gcc-g77-$date.tar.gz
  tar cf - gcc-$date/.brik gcc-$date/gcc/testsuite/g77.f-torture | gzip --best > gcc-g77-testsuite-$date.tar.gz
  tar cf - gcc-$date/.brik gcc-$date/gcc/objc gcc-$date/libobjc | gzip --best > gcc-objc-$date.tar.gz
! tar cf - gcc-$date/.brik gcc-$date/gcc/java gcc-$date/{boehm-gc,fastjar,libffi,libjava,zlib} | gzip --best > gcc-java-$date.tar.gz
  tar cf - gcc-$date/.brik gcc-$date/gcc/ch gcc-$date/libchill | gzip --best > gcc-chill-$date.tar.gz
  tar cf - gcc-$date/.brik gcc-$date/gcc/cp gcc-$date/{libio,libstdc++,libstdc++-v3} | gzip --best > gcc-g++-$date.tar.gz
  tar cf - gcc-$date/.brik gcc-$date/gcc/testsuite/g++.old-deja | gzip --best > gcc-g++-tests-$date.tar.gz
--------------

* Re: gcc snapshots -vs- java libraries
@ 2000-12-14  7:36   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2000-12-14  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeffrey A Law; +Cc: Bryce McKinlay, gcc

On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Jeffrey A Law wrote:
> Yes.  The snapshot script needs some updates to account for the
> integration of libgcj stuff.

Now that this script is in CVS, patches to  gcc/contrib/snapshot
are highly welcome! :-)

Also, it would be great if someone could unify/merge the snapshot
and release scripts and/or generalize them further.

Gerald

* Re: gcc snapshots -vs- java libraries
@ 2000-12-13 21:05     ` Jeffrey A Law
From: Jeffrey A Law @ 2000-12-13 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Prince; +Cc: Bryce McKinlay, gcc

  In message < 00b601c06587$ec5e7ea0$9865fea9@intel9txl52pzr >you write:
  > Is the build of libgcj intended to be mandatory regardless of whether
  > java is built?  Likewise, for libstdc++-v3 without c++?  I'd prefer to
  > be able to build languages one at a time and test just the ones which
  > are building successfully.
libgcj should only be built if we are building the java compiler too.
libstdc++ should work the same way.
jeff

* Re: gcc snapshots -vs- java libraries
@ 2000-12-13 20:59     ` Gabriel Dos Reis
From: Gabriel Dos Reis @ 2000-12-13 20:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tim Prince; +Cc: law, Bryce McKinlay, gcc

"Tim Prince" <tprince@computer.org> writes:

| >   In message < 3A37FF5E.8041334D@albatross.co.nz >you write:
| >   > It looks like the java libs are going into the gcc-core archive on
| the
| >   > snapshots page. Shouldn't zlib, fastjar, boehm-gc, libffi, and
| libjava
| >   > be put into the gcc-java archive instead?
| > Yes.  The snapshot script needs some updates to account for the
| > integration of libgcj stuff.
| > jeff
|
| Is the build of libgcj intended to be mandatory regardless of whether
| java is built?  Likewise, for libstdc++-v3 without c++?  I'd prefer to
| be able to build languages one at a time and test just the ones which
| are building successfully.

Agreed. One should not get Java libs built when one didn't configure
for Java.  Likewise for C++.

-- Gaby
CodeSourcery, LLC                       http://www.codesourcery.com

* Re: gcc snapshots -vs- java libraries