* please send gcc source to me.
@ 2001-01-15 10:59 housetop
From: housetop @ 2001-01-15 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

because your homepage link to me is very slow.

thank

    li zhang

* Re: please send gcc source to me.
@ 2001-01-15 11:16 ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2001-01-15 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: housetop; +Cc: gcc

> because your homepage link to me is very slow.

Will the email links between us and you allow the sending of so much data?
Probably not.

That's why we have a collection of mirror sites around the world.
The mirrors for www.gnu.org include sites in China; see

http://www.gnu.org/order/ftp.html

If you want access to snapshots, you'll need a gcc.gnu.org mirror, see

http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html

* Re: please send gcc source to me.
@ 2001-01-20  6:02 ` Erik Mouw
From: Erik Mouw @ 2001-01-20  6:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: housetop; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 02:59:26AM +0800, housetop@china.com wrote:
> because your homepage link to me is very slow.

Email will not be faster, it will even result in undeliverable
messages.

If you find yourself at the wrong end of a slow link, your browser may
abort the transfer halfway through. If this happens to you, use GNU
wget, it supports "continue mode" on http and ftp connections. Get the
wget source at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/wget/ .

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2783635  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email: J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl