* Does anyone check libstdc++-v3 failures in gcc 3.0?
@ 2001-04-15 20:49 H . J . Lu
From: H . J . Lu @ 2001-04-15 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Does anyone check those libstdc++v3 failures in gcc 3.0? I saw quite
a few failures on Linux/ia32/glibc 2.2:

+: pass, -b: build failure, -r: run failure, x: disabled
static  shared  test
-r      +       21_strings/ctor_copy_dtor.cc
-r      +       21_strings/element_access.cc
-r      +       21_strings/insert.cc
-r      +       21_strings/substr.cc
-b      -b      23_containers/map_operators.cc
-b      -b      23_containers/set_operators.cc
-b      -b      26_numerics/c99_macros.cc
-b      -b      27_io/filebuf.cc
-r      -r      27_io/ios_base_members_static.cc
-r      -r      27_io/istream_extractor_char.cc
-b      -b      27_io/istream_seeks.cc
+       +       27_io/istream_sentry.cc
diff: ./istream_unformatted-2.txt: No such file or directory
+       diff: ./istream_unformatted-2.txt: No such file or directory
+       27_io/istream_unformatted.cc

I don't think it is too hard to modify contrib/test_summary and
libstdc++-v3/mkcheck.in to send in test summary for libstdc++-v3.
It will help keeping track the status of libstdc++-v3. I can provide
a patch if everyone agrees it is a good idea and noone has any time.
I hope gcc 3.0 will ship a working libstdc++ which at least passes its
own testsuite. That is what gcc had been doing before gcc 3.0.

Thanks.

H.J.

* Re: Does anyone check libstdc++-v3 failures in gcc 3.0?
@ 2001-04-15 21:00 ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2001-04-15 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H . J . Lu; +Cc: gcc

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 08:49:49PM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
> Does anyone check those libstdc++v3 failures in gcc 3.0?

Every day.

> -b      -b      23_containers/map_operators.cc
> -b      -b      23_containers/set_operators.cc

XFAILs.  The mkcheck script doesn't know about XFAIL yet.

> -b      -b      26_numerics/c99_macros.cc

glibc defines certain things as macros which C++ requires to be functions.
I don't recall whether this is supposed to be XFAIL or not (I think it
should pass).

> -b      -b      27_io/filebuf.cc

Undefined references at link time.  Looks like 'short' is being used as
the instantiating character type (where did wchar_t go).  I haven't looked
into this one.  It's working on the trunk.

> -b      -b      27_io/istream_seeks.cc

The compiler spits out a bunch of "by the way, I'm choosing this conversion
over that conversion because it's a better match" messages, and then
simply /stops/.  Apparently those messages are supposed to be errors.
(This was discussed once before when it was fixed on the trunk; I'm sorry
but I still don't understand why these errors sound more like "informational"
or "debug" messsages.)  Fixed on the trunk.

> diff: ./istream_unformatted-2.txt: No such file or directory
> +       diff: ./istream_unformatted-2.txt: No such file or directory

Missing empty file on the branch.  Fixed on the trunk.

> I hope gcc 3.0 will ship a working libstdc++ which at least passes its
> own testsuite. That is what gcc had been doing before gcc 3.0.

The trunk shows fewer failures.

* Re: Does anyone check libstdc++-v3 failures in gcc 3.0?
@ 2001-04-15 21:07   ` H . J . Lu
From: H . J . Lu @ 2001-04-15 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Edwards; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 12:14:49AM -0400, Phil Edwards wrote:

> > I hope gcc 3.0 will ship a working libstdc++ which at least passes its
> > own testsuite. That is what gcc had been doing before gcc 3.0.
>
> The trunk shows fewer failures.

Any particular reason not to fix the gcc 3.0 branch?

@ 2001-04-16  0:17   ` Gabriel Dos Reis
From: Gabriel Dos Reis @ 2001-04-16  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Edwards; +Cc: H . J . Lu, gcc

Phil Edwards <pedwards@disaster.jaj.com> writes:

| On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 08:49:49PM -0700, H . J . Lu wrote:
| > Does anyone check those libstdc++v3 failures in gcc 3.0?
|
| Every day.
|

| > -b      -b      23_containers/map_operators.cc
| > -b      -b      23_containers/set_operators.cc
|
| XFAILs.  The mkcheck script doesn't know about XFAIL yet.

But the new testing framework does know.

-- Gaby

* Re: Does anyone check libstdc++-v3 failures in gcc 3.0?
@ 2001-04-16  0:20     ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2001-04-16  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gabriel Dos Reis; +Cc: H . J . Lu, gcc

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 09:17:48AM +0200, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> Phil Edwards <pedwards@disaster.jaj.com> writes:
> |
> | XFAILs.  The mkcheck script doesn't know about XFAIL yet.
>
> But the new testing framework does know.

Yes.  One more reason in favor of merging trunk to branch for the library.

Phil