* Re: Effects of Compiler Flags on SPECint2000
@ 2001-09-11 15:22 dewar
From: dewar @ 2001-09-11 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aj, moene; +Cc: gcc

>       -O0     621
>       -O1     422
>       -O2     411
>       -O3     408
>       -Os     438

I am surprised that there is so little difference between -O0 and -O2,
we usually see higher rations than this.

* Re: Effects of Compiler Flags on SPECint2000
@ 2001-09-10  4:29 ` Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2001-09-10  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I wrote:

> > SPECint2000 on Athlon:
>
> > Geometric mean:
>
> >       -O0     621
> >       -O1     422
> >       -O2     411
> >       -O3     408
> >       -Os     438
>
> In one word: Spectacular !

Well, not as spectacular as I thought - Andreas just informed me that
this Geometric Mean is not the SPECint2000 result, but the geometric
mean of the number of seconds of the various runs.

:-)

--
Toon Moene, KNMI, PO Box 201, 3730 AE De Bilt, The Netherlands.
Tel. +31302206443, Fax +31302210407,  e-mail moene@knmi.nl

* Re: Effects of Compiler Flags on SPECint2000
@ 2001-09-10  4:04 Toon Moene
From: Toon Moene @ 2001-09-10  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aj; +Cc: gcc

> SPECint2000 on Athlon:

> Geometric mean:

> 	-O0	621
> 	-O1	422
> 	-O2	411
> 	-O3	408
> 	-Os	438

In one word: Spectacular !

Perhaps we should write a special optimizer for the IA32 architecture

@ 2001-09-10  1:46 Andreas Jaeger
From: Andreas Jaeger @ 2001-09-10  1:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I've run some SPECint2000 runs to evaluate the effects of different
compiler optimizations.  The runs were done with GCC 3.0.1 on an AMD
Athlon 1.133 Ghz system running SuSE Linux 7.2.

For details, check http://www.suse.de/~aj/SPEC/compare-flags.html

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger