* Oracle problems
@ 2001-10-09  7:26 Anant Kabra
From: Anant Kabra @ 2001-10-09  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I'm having problems while trying to install oracle. I know this is a gcc
mailing list, so I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but the
problem was while the installer was trying to link the software. Here is the
error report. If you want more details, let me know what I need to do and
I'll send it.

Thanks

-- Anant

/home/oracle/product/8i/bin/genagtsh /home/oracle/product/8i/lib/libagtsh.so
1.0
Linking ott
/usr/bin/ld: BFD internal error, aborting at ../../bfd/elf32-i386.c line
1754 in elf_i386_relocate_section

/usr/bin/ld: Please report this bug.

* Re: Oracle problems
@ 2001-10-09  7:30 ` Christoph Hellwig
From: Christoph Hellwig @ 2001-10-09  7:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anant Kabra; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 09:23:32AM -0500, Anant Kabra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having problems while trying to install oracle. I know this is a gcc
> mailing list, so I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but the
> problem was while the installer was trying to link the software. Here is the
> error report. If you want more details, let me know what I need to do and
> I'll send it.

Oracle is buggy as it tries to relink at install time which gets the
used header and libraries out of sync (Not sure why it causes this
error, though).

	Christoph

* Re: Oracle problems
@ 2001-10-09  9:31 ` H . J . Lu
From: H . J . Lu @ 2001-10-09  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Anant Kabra; +Cc: gcc

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 09:23:32AM -0500, Anant Kabra wrote:

> /home/oracle/product/8i/bin/genagtsh /home/oracle/product/8i/lib/libagtsh.so
> 1.0
> Linking ott
> /usr/bin/ld: BFD internal error, aborting at ../../bfd/elf32-i386.c line
> 1754 in elf_i386_relocate_section
>
> /usr/bin/ld: Please report this bug.

See

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-10/msg00591.html

H.J.

* RE: Oracle problems
@ 2001-10-10 10:43   ` Anant Kabra
From: Anant Kabra @ 2001-10-10 10:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I found the following on the binutils mailing list and appliying the patch
seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks all,

-- Anant