From: Jan Hubicka <jh@suse.cz>
To: Bo Thorsen <bo@sonofthor.dk>
Cc: "Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" <David.Billinghurst@riotinto.com>,
	gcc@gcc.gnu.org, jh@suse.cz
Subject: Re: bogus .quad in i386/att.h
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:01:00 -0000	[thread overview]

> > ..quad is definitely not something supported by the AT&T-derived
> > assemblers.  Maybe it's a GAS thing and should be in gas.h.  Maybe it's
> > an x86-64 thing and should be in x86-64.h.  But att.h sure seems like
> > the wrong place for it.  This does show up as testsuite failures.
> >
> > Can you please move this?
>
> I don't know why Jan re-introduced this, it wasn't in the last patch I sent
> before going on vacation. I tested x86-64 compilation without the att.h patch
> (which was included in the first time I sent the patch) and it seemed to
> work. Jan can you comment on why you added it again?

The idea was that we need some ASM_QUAD definition in order to compile w/o
extra ifdef garbage around. The ASM_QUAD will be used only for 64bit compilation
att.h looked like right place to do, as all currently supported assemblers are
derivation of it and even when there isn't official att assembler for x86_64.

Honza