* adding support for MIPS32 and MIPS64 ISA
@ 2001-10-16  7:48 Ken Faiczak
From: Ken Faiczak @ 2001-10-16  7:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

Is there any effort ongoing to support
-mips64 as an isa flag  like -mips3

and the assorted changes in conjunction with that
for the MIPS64 cpus like
broadcom BCM12500
PMC-Sierra RM9000x2
Sandcraft 71000

I've seen announcements from RedHat but are those just in hte
GNUPro tools or are they being released back to gcc

What is the time frame, for these changes.

Ken
kfaiczak@sandvine.com

* Re: adding support for MIPS32 and MIPS64 ISA
@ 2001-10-16 12:15 ` Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2001-10-16 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

In article < FE045D4D9F7AED4CBFF1B3B813C85337036038@mail.sandvine.com >,
"Ken Faiczak" <kfaiczak@sandvine.com> wrote:

> Is there any effort ongoing to support -mips64 as an isa flag  like
> -mips3

Yes.

> and the assorted changes in conjunction with that for the MIPS64 cpus
> like
> broadcom BCM12500
> PMC-Sierra RM9000x2
> Sandcraft 71000

Individual chips will need to be supported, but...

> I've seen announcements from RedHat but are those just in hte GNUPro
> tools or are they being released back to gcc
>
> What is the time frame, for these changes.

It has been completed. I checked them in a few weeks ago.

-eric

--
Look out behind you!