* Doing regular trunk->ast-optimizer-branch merges?
@ 2001-10-17  7:44 Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2001-10-17  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Sidwell; +Cc: gcc

Nathan,

Since we are not going to be merging the tree SSA framework into
the trunk just yet, I would like to start doing merges from the
trunk into the AST branch on a regular basis.

We are going to start implementing optimizations soon and I would
like to make sure a future merge into the trunk will go smoothly.

Now, I remember that you wanted to work on a stable branch, so
maybe it would be better if we just create a new branch for the
tree SSA work?

Thanks.  Diego.

* Re: Doing regular trunk->ast-optimizer-branch merges?
@ 2001-10-18  9:05   ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2001-10-18  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Sidwell; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Nathan Sidwell wrote:

> As you've probably noticed, I've not done any work on that branch for a
> while now. You've been using it much more than me, so merge away. If
> it becomes a problem, I'm sure we can work something out.

Sounds good.  I'll try to do a merge tonight.

@ 2001-10-18 14:39 ` Nathan Sidwell
From: Nathan Sidwell @ 2001-10-18 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Diego Novillo; +Cc: gcc

Diego Novillo wrote:
> Now, I remember that you wanted to work on a stable branch, so
> maybe it would be better if we just create a new branch for the
> tree SSA work?

As you've probably noticed, I've not done any work on that branch for a
while now. You've been using it much more than me, so merge away. If
it becomes a problem, I'm sure we can work something out.

nathan
--
Dr Nathan Sidwell   ::   http://www.codesourcery.com   ::   CodeSourcery LLC
         'But that's a lie.' - 'Yes it is. What's your point?'

* Re: Doing regular trunk->ast-optimizer-branch merges?
@ 2001-10-19  9:29   ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2001-10-19  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Sidwell; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Nathan Sidwell wrote:

> Diego Novillo wrote:
> > Now, I remember that you wanted to work on a stable branch, so
> > maybe it would be better if we just create a new branch for the
> > tree SSA work?
>
> As you've probably noticed, I've not done any work on that branch for a
> while now. You've been using it much more than me, so merge away. If
> it becomes a problem, I'm sure we can work something out.

Well, I got started with the merge but I won't be able to fix all
the conflicts today.  Since I won't be able to work on this for
a while, it'll have to wait a bit longer.

Diego.