* Re: ia64 c++ abi exception handling
       [not found] <20010311173943.A18934@redhat.com>
@ 2001-11-01 15:23 ` Joern Rennecke
From: Joern Rennecke @ 2001-11-01 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Henderson; +Cc: gcc, joern.rennecke

> 	* dwarf2out.c (struct dw_fde_struct): Add uses_eh_lsda, funcdef_number.

You mention lsda quite often in these patches, yet I can find no comment that
explains what lsda means.
google has some answers, but none of these seem appropriate.

--------------------------
SuperH
2430 Aztec West / Almondsbury / BRISTOL / BS32 4AQ
T:01454 462330

* Re: ia64 c++ abi exception handling
@ 2001-11-02  0:34   ` Stan Shebs
From: Stan Shebs @ 2001-11-02  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joern Rennecke; +Cc: Richard Henderson, gcc

Joern Rennecke wrote:

> >       * dwarf2out.c (struct dw_fde_struct): Add uses_eh_lsda, funcdef_number.
>
> You mention lsda quite often in these patches, yet I can find no comment that
> explains what lsda means.

Language-Specific Data Area, I think - I had to hunt for this too,
eventually found a mention.  The EH code is certainly an adventure
in guessing intent from cryptic comments...

Stan

* Re: ia64 c++ abi exception handling
@ 2001-11-02  2:36     ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2001-11-02  2:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stan Shebs; +Cc: Joern Rennecke, gcc

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 08:54:26AM -0800, Stan Shebs wrote:
> Language-Specific Data Area, I think - I had to hunt for this too,

Yes.

> eventually found a mention.  The EH code is certainly an adventure
> in guessing intent from cryptic comments...

Oh dear.  I thought it was better than that...

r~

* Re: ia64 c++ abi exception handling
@ 2001-11-02  2:49       ` Stan Shebs
From: Stan Shebs @ 2001-11-02  2:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Henderson; +Cc: Joern Rennecke, gcc

Richard Henderson wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 08:54:26AM -0800, Stan Shebs wrote:
> > Language-Specific Data Area, I think - I had to hunt for this too,
>
> Yes.
>
> > eventually found a mention.  The EH code is certainly an adventure
> > in guessing intent from cryptic comments...
>
> Oh dear.  I thought it was better than that...

A couple weeks ago I was spending a lot of time stepping through
the code because it wasn't playing nice with Apple's AltiVec ABI,
ended up installing quite a few printfs in unwind* because GDB
would lie to me about stuff.  The problem for me was that there
wasn't a "Theory of Operation" comment that said why we have to
have personality functions, and various builtins, and so forth.
It probably all seems obvious to you, because you've lived with it
for a long time, but us feeble-minded types struggle to understand
the purposes of all the different pieces.

Stan