* debugging gcc
@ 2001-11-20 13:30 Danish Samad
From: Danish Samad @ 2001-11-20 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

hello,

Is there some way we can debug gcc using kdevelop?
currently Iam using xxgdb and its not that user
freindly. Secondly I have just built gcc to debug it
will this work or should I install it completely

thanking in advance,

danish

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1

* Re: debugging gcc
@ 2001-11-20 17:49 ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2001-11-20 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Danish Samad; +Cc: gcc

> hello,
>
> Is there some way we can debug gcc using kdevelop?
> currently Iam using xxgdb and its not that user
> freindly. Secondly I have just built gcc to debug it
> will this work or should I install it completely

I haven't tried kdevelop, but I have used ddd a lot, and I'm sure
that you'll find ddd a lot nicer to use than xxgdb.

* debugging gcc
@ 2001-11-27 22:58 ` Danish Samad
From: Danish Samad @ 2001-11-27 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

@ 2001-11-28  9:16   ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2001-11-28  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Danish Samad; +Cc: gcc

@ 2001-12-20 13:01 mike stump
From: mike stump @ 2001-12-20 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, ratngccc

> Date: 20 Dec 2001 18:53:28 -0000
> From: "ratnadeep  joshi" <ratngccc@rediffmail.com>
> To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org

> I want to know the intermediate representation of gcc and
> integration of front end - back end of gcc to try to write a small
> front end for it.  What can be done for this ?

This first resource that I would point you to would be our web site.
You want to at least read Docs:Manual, Further Readings:A Toy Example
Language, and Further Readings:Treelang sample language.

After that, you will probably need to discover the finer points
yourself.  If you want to contribute to the existing documentation,
that would be great.

Quite a lot of people use gdb to debug the compiler.  I would
recommend gdb inside emacs.

* debugging gcc
@ 2001-12-20 10:53 ratnadeep  joshi
From: ratnadeep  joshi @ 2001-12-20 10:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

hello ,

  i want to know the intermediate representation of gcc and integration of front end - back end of gcc to try to write a small front end for it

   what can be done for this ? do i have to debug gcc code itself to know its passes and their calling ?
If yes , how to debug gcc code ? How to use gdb or any other debugging tool to debug whole gcc code

  - ratnadeep

* RE: debugging gcc
@ 2001-11-26 22:53 ` Naveen Sharma
From: Naveen Sharma @ 2001-11-26 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: muhammad danish samad; +Cc: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

> Currently Iam
> trying to debug gcc using xxgdb. I read somewhere that xxgdb
> is debugging tool for c++. Does that mean gcc cannot be debugged with
> xxgdb since gcc has been written in C?

gcc can be debugged with xxgdb,but i really think that
debuggers like "ddd"(data display debugger) and "gvd" are
more suitable.May be someone knows a few more.

Also I think that debugging an executable with a particular debugger
depends on kind of debugging format a compiler supports rather than
the source language.(See gcc manual for details of debugging formats
it supports)

Naveen Sharma.

* debugging gcc
@ 2001-11-26 22:37 ` muhammad danish samad
From: muhammad danish samad @ 2001-11-26 22:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

hello,

Is there any way of debugging gcc source code with KDevelop. Currently Iam

@ 2001-11-18  8:48 Naveen Sharma
From: Naveen Sharma @ 2001-11-18  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: muhammad danish samad; +Cc: 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org'

@ 2001-11-18  8:38 muhammad danish samad