* undefined reference __eh_pc
@ 2001-11-22 23:45 Nuno Filipe R. Ferreira
From: Nuno Filipe R. Ferreira @ 2001-11-22 23:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I'm trying to use uvscan (McAfee Virus Scan for Linux) with stock RedHat
7.2.
This software was looking for libstdc++*.2.8.so. A symbolic link solved
that problem.
Now, I am getting a undefined symbol "__eh_pc". This problem is stated
unresolved in here http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/v2faq/faq24.html

Do you confirm this?
Will I have to install a older libstdc++ version?

Thanks in advance.

Cumprimentos,
Nuno Ferreira
Administrador de Sistemas
Global S – Tecnologias de Informação, Lda

Tlm: + 351 96 322 82 91
Tel: + 351 22 999 73 50
Fax: + 351 22 999 73 59
mailto:nuno.ferreira@globalti.pt
mailto:nferreira@globalshop.pt

Global S - Soluções Globais de e-Business http://www.globalti.pt

* Re: undefined reference __eh_pc
@ 2001-11-24 11:51 ` Phil Edwards
       [not found]   ` <024e01c17a68$9695c630$6edca8c0@globals.interno>
From: Phil Edwards @ 2001-11-24 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nuno Filipe R. Ferreira; +Cc: gcc

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 02:52:39PM -0000, Nuno Filipe R. Ferreira wrote:
> This software was looking for libstdc++*.2.8.so. A symbolic link solved
> that problem.

What did you symlink this filename to?

> Now, I am getting a undefined symbol "__eh_pc". This problem is stated
> unresolved in here http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/v2faq/faq24.html
>
> Do you confirm this?

Yes.

* undefined reference __eh_pc
@ 2001-11-30  6:57 ` Nuno Filipe R. Ferreira
From: Nuno Filipe R. Ferreira @ 2001-11-30  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

@ 2001-11-30 17:02   ` Phil Edwards
       [not found]   ` <024e01c17a68$9695c630$6edca8c0@globals.interno>
From: Phil Edwards @ 2001-11-30 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nuno Filipe R. Ferreira; +Cc: gcc

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 02:52:39PM -0000, Nuno Filipe R. Ferreira wrote:
> This software was looking for libstdc++*.2.8.so. A symbolic link solved
> that problem.

What did you symlink this filename to?

> Now, I am getting a undefined symbol "__eh_pc". This problem is stated
> unresolved in here http://www.delorie.com/djgpp/v2faq/faq24.html
>
> Do you confirm this?

Yes.

@ 2001-12-01 14:36     ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2001-12-01 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nuno Filipe R. Ferreira; +Cc: gcc

On Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 01:03:36PM -0000, Nuno Filipe R. Ferreira wrote:
> > > This software was looking for libstdc++*.2.8.so. A symbolic
> >
> > What did you symlink this filename to?
>
> Symlinked it to /usr/lib/libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so
                                     ^
That's not a good idea.              |

                                     This is a 3, not a 2.  If a program
                                     wants libstdc++-2.x, giving it version
                                     3.x is only going to cause problems.

> Also, I've tried both rebuilding libstdc++-2.8.SRPMS and compiling the
> libstdc++-2.8.tar.gz, but it breaks with lots of declarations with
> exception specifications in libio.h.
> Can you help with this problem?

Not really; the libstdc++-2.x code is no longer maintained, and I am not
very familiar with it.  The glibc project makes libio.h, and they write very
"modern" code, i.e., not compatible with older compilers or libraries.

Since you mentioned SRPMS, I suggest you ask in a Red Hat support forum;
they may have solved this problem already.

Phil