* Re: auto-sync of top-level 'include' & 'config' directories?
@ 2001-12-02 15:28 guerby
From: guerby @ 2001-12-02 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc

Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 15:45:48 -0500
> > You've got my vote!  The differences in the config directory are what
> > caused me to start this whole investigate mess.
> I'll post a note over on the src side and see what they think.
> They're affected more than the gcc side.

Hi DJ, I'm the monthly non automatic reminder (just kidding :), any
news on this? Common gcc and src currently have some diffs,
a sample after my signature.

--
Laurent Guerby <guerby@acm.org>

*** gcc/./.cvsignore	Fri Jul 27 08:00:45 2001
--- ../src/src/./.cvsignore	Tue Oct 30 16:20:01 2001
*************** dir.info
*** 29,32 ****
  Makefile
  lost+found
  update.out
! LAST_UPDATED
--- 29,32 ----
  Makefile
  lost+found
  update.out
! update.sourceware
*** gcc/./COPYING	Mon Dec 18 22:47:16 2000
--- ../src/src/./COPYING	Mon May  3 09:28:39 1999
***************
*** 2,8 ****
  		       Version 2, June 1991

   Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
!      59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA
   Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
   of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

--- 2,8 ----
  		       Version 2, June 1991

   Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
!                        59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA
   Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
   of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

*************** convey the exclusion of warranty; and ea
*** 291,297 ****
  the "copyright" line and a pointer to where the full notice is found.

      <one line to give the program's name and a brief idea of what it does.>
!     Copyright (C) <year>  <name of author>

--- 291,297 ----
  the "copyright" line and a pointer to where the full notice is found.

      <one line to give the program's name and a brief idea of what it does.>
!     Copyright (C) 19yy  <name of author>

*************** Also add information on how to contact y
*** 313,319 ****
  If the program is interactive, make it output a short notice like this
  when it starts in an interactive mode:

!     Gnomovision version 69, Copyright (C) year  name of author
      Gnomovision comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `show w'.
      under certain conditions; type `show c' for details.
--- 313,319 ----
  If the program is interactive, make it output a short notice like this
  when it starts in an interactive mode:

!     Gnomovision version 69, Copyright (C) 19yy name of author
      Gnomovision comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details type `show w'.
      under certain conditions; type `show c' for details.
*** gcc/./COPYING.LIB	Mon Jan 29 14:30:01 2001
--- ../src/src/./COPYING.LIB	Mon May  3 09:28:40 1999
***************
*** 1,14 ****
! 		  GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
! 		       Version 2.1, February 1999

!  Copyright (C) 1991, 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
!      59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA
   Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
   of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

! [This is the first released version of the Lesser GPL.  It also counts
!  as the successor of the GNU Library Public License, version 2, hence
!  the version number 2.1.]

  			    Preamble

--- 1,13 ----
! 		  GNU LIBRARY GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
! 		       Version 2, June 1991

!  Copyright (C) 1991 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
!  59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA
   Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
   of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

! [This is the first released version of the library GPL.  It is
!  numbered 2 because it goes with version 2 of the ordinary GPL.]

  			    Preamble

*************** freedom to share and change it.  By cont
*** 17,125 ****
  Licenses are intended to guarantee your freedom to share and change
  free software--to make sure the software is free for all its users.

!   This license, the Lesser General Public License, applies to some
! specially designated software packages--typically libraries--of the
! Free Software Foundation and other authors who decide to use it.  You
! can use it too, but we suggest you first think carefully about whether
! this license or the ordinary General Public License is the better
! strategy to use in any particular case, based on the explanations below.
!
!   When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom of use,
! not price.  Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that
! you have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge
! for this service if you wish); that you receive source code or can get
! it if you want it; that you can change the software and use pieces of
! it in new free programs; and that you are informed that you can do
! these things.

    To protect your rights, we need to make restrictions that forbid
! distributors to deny you these rights or to ask you to surrender these
! rights.  These restrictions translate to certain responsibilities for
! you if you distribute copies of the library or if you modify it.

    For example, if you distribute copies of the library, whether gratis
  or for a fee, you must give the recipients all the rights that we gave
  you.  You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the source
! code.  If you link other code with the library, you must provide
! complete object files to the recipients, so that they can relink them
! with the library after making changes to the library and recompiling
  it.  And you must show them these terms so they know their rights.

!   We protect your rights with a two-step method: (1) we copyright the
! library, and (2) we offer you this license, which gives you legal
  permission to copy, distribute and/or modify the library.

!   To protect each distributor, we want to make it very clear that
! there is no warranty for the free library.  Also, if the library is
! modified by someone else and passed on, the recipients should know
! that what they have is not the original version, so that the original
! author's reputation will not be affected by problems that might be
! introduced by others.
  \f
!   Finally, software patents pose a constant threat to the existence of
! any free program.  We wish to make sure that a company cannot
! effectively restrict the users of a free program by obtaining a
! restrictive license from a patent holder.  Therefore, we insist that
! any patent license obtained for a version of the library must be
! consistent with the full freedom of use specified in this license.
!
!   Most GNU software, including some libraries, is covered by the
! ordinary GNU General Public License.  This license, the GNU Lesser
! General Public License, applies to certain designated libraries, and
! is quite different from the ordinary General Public License.  We use
! this license for certain libraries in order to permit linking those
! libraries into non-free programs.
!
!   When a program is linked with a library, whether statically or using
! a shared library, the combination of the two is legally speaking a
! combined work, a derivative of the original library.  The ordinary
! General Public License therefore permits such linking only if the
! entire combination fits its criteria of freedom.  The Lesser General
! Public License permits more lax criteria for linking other code with
! the library.
!
!   We call this license the "Lesser" General Public License because it
! does Less to protect the user's freedom than the ordinary General
! Public License.  It also provides other free software developers Less
! of an advantage over competing non-free programs.  These disadvantages
! are the reason we use the ordinary General Public License for many
! libraries.  However, the Lesser license provides advantages in certain
! special circumstances.
!
!   For example, on rare occasions, there may be a special need to
! encourage the widest possible use of a certain library, so that it becomes
! a de-facto standard.  To achieve this, non-free programs must be
! allowed to use the library.  A more frequent case is that a free
! library does the same job as widely used non-free libraries.  In this
! case, there is little to gain by limiting the free library to free
! software only, so we use the Lesser General Public License.
!
!   In other cases, permission to use a particular library in non-free
! programs enables a greater number of people to use a large body of
! free software.  For example, permission to use the GNU C Library in
! non-free programs enables many more people to use the whole GNU
! operating system, as well as its variant, the GNU/Linux operating
! system.
!
!   Although the Lesser General Public License is Less protective of the
! users' freedom, it does ensure that the user of a program that is
! linked with the Library has the freedom and the wherewithal to run
! that program using a modified version of the Library.

    The precise terms and conditions for copying, distribution and
  modification follow.  Pay close attention to the difference between a
  "work based on the library" and a "work that uses the library".  The
! former contains code derived from the library, whereas the latter must
! be combined with the library in order to run.
  \f
! 		  GNU LESSER GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
     TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION

!   0. This License Agreement applies to any software library or other
! program which contains a notice placed by the copyright holder or
! other authorized party saying it may be distributed under the terms of
! this Lesser General Public License (also called "this License").
! Each licensee is addressed as "you".

    A "library" means a collection of software functions and/or data
  prepared so as to be conveniently linked with application programs
--- 16,112 ----
  Licenses are intended to guarantee your freedom to share and change
  free software--to make sure the software is free for all its users.

!   This license, the Library General Public License, applies to some
! specially designated Free Software Foundation software, and to any
! other libraries whose authors decide to use it.  You can use it for
! your libraries, too.
!
!   When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not
! price.  Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you
! have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for
! this service if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it
! if you want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it
! in new free programs; and that you know you can do these things.

    To protect your rights, we need to make restrictions that forbid
! anyone to deny you these rights or to ask you to surrender the rights.
! These restrictions translate to certain responsibilities for you if
! you distribute copies of the library, or if you modify it.

    For example, if you distribute copies of the library, whether gratis
  or for a fee, you must give the recipients all the rights that we gave
  you.  You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the source
! code.  If you link a program with the library, you must provide
! complete object files to the recipients so that they can relink them
! with the library, after making changes to the library and recompiling
  it.  And you must show them these terms so they know their rights.

!   Our method of protecting your rights has two steps: (1) copyright
! the library, and (2) offer you this license which gives you legal
  permission to copy, distribute and/or modify the library.

!   Also, for each distributor's protection, we want to make certain
! that everyone understands that there is no warranty for this free
! library.  If the library is modified by someone else and passed on, we
! want its recipients to know that what they have is not the original
! version, so that any problems introduced by others will not reflect on
! the original authors' reputations.
  \f
!   Finally, any free program is threatened constantly by software
! patents.  We wish to avoid the danger that companies distributing free
! software will individually obtain patent licenses, thus in effect
! transforming the program into proprietary software.  To prevent this,
! we have made it clear that any patent must be licensed for everyone's
! free use or not licensed at all.
!
!   Most GNU software, including some libraries, is covered by the ordinary
! GNU General Public License, which was designed for utility programs.  This
! license, the GNU Library General Public License, applies to certain
! designated libraries.  This license is quite different from the ordinary
! one; be sure to read it in full, and don't assume that anything in it is
! the same as in the ordinary license.
!
!   The reason we have a separate public license for some libraries is that
! they blur the distinction we usually make between modifying or adding to a
! program and simply using it.  Linking a program with a library, without
! changing the library, is in some sense simply using the library, and is
! analogous to running a utility program or application program.  However, in
! a textual and legal sense, the linked executable is a combined work, a
! derivative of the original library, and the ordinary General Public License
! treats it as such.
!
!   Because of this blurred distinction, using the ordinary General
! Public License for libraries did not effectively promote software
! sharing, because most developers did not use the libraries.  We
! concluded that weaker conditions might promote sharing better.
!
!   However, unrestricted linking of non-free programs would deprive the
! users of those programs of all benefit from the free status of the
! libraries themselves.  This Library General Public License is intended to
! permit developers of non-free programs to use free libraries, while
! preserving your freedom as a user of such programs to change the free
! libraries that are incorporated in them.  (We have not seen how to achieve
! this as regards changes in header files, but we have achieved it as regards
! changes in the actual functions of the Library.)  The hope is that this
! will lead to faster development of free libraries.

    The precise terms and conditions for copying, distribution and
  modification follow.  Pay close attention to the difference between a
  "work based on the library" and a "work that uses the library".  The
! former contains code derived from the library, while the latter only
! works together with the library.
!
!   Note that it is possible for a library to be covered by the ordinary
! General Public License rather than by this special one.
  \f
! 		  GNU LIBRARY GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
     TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COPYING, DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION

!   0. This License Agreement applies to any software library which
! contains a notice placed by the copyright holder or other authorized
! party saying it may be distributed under the terms of this Library
! General Public License (also called "this License").  Each licensee is
! addressed as "you".

    A "library" means a collection of software functions and/or data
  prepared so as to be conveniently linked with application programs
*************** distribute the object code for the work
*** 268,274 ****
  Any executables containing that work also fall under Section 6,
  whether or not they are linked directly with the Library itself.
  \f
!   6. As an exception to the Sections above, you may also combine or
  link a "work that uses the Library" with the Library to produce a
  work containing portions of the Library, and distribute that work
  under terms of your choice, provided that the terms permit
--- 255,261 ----
  Any executables containing that work also fall under Section 6,
  whether or not they are linked directly with the Library itself.
  \f
!   6. As an exception to the Sections above, you may also compile or
  link a "work that uses the Library" with the Library to produce a
  work containing portions of the Library, and distribute that work
  under terms of your choice, provided that the terms permit
*************** of these things:
*** 295,325 ****
      Library will not necessarily be able to recompile the application
      to use the modified definitions.)

!     b) Use a suitable shared library mechanism for linking with the
!     Library.  A suitable mechanism is one that (1) uses at run time a
!     copy of the library already present on the user's computer system,
!     rather than copying library functions into the executable, and (2)
!     will operate properly with a modified version of the library, if
!     the user installs one, as long as the modified version is
!     interface-compatible with the version that the work was made with.
!
!     c) Accompany the work with a written offer, valid for at
      least three years, to give the same user the materials
      specified in Subsection 6a, above, for a charge no more
      than the cost of performing this distribution.

!     d) If distribution of the work is made by offering access to copy
      from a designated place, offer equivalent access to copy the above
      specified materials from the same place.

!     e) Verify that the user has already received a copy of these
      materials or that you have already sent this user a copy.

    For an executable, the required form of the "work that uses the
  Library" must include any data and utility programs needed for
  reproducing the executable from it.  However, as a special exception,
! the materials to be distributed need not include anything that is
! normally distributed (in either source or binary form) with the major
  components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system on
  which the executable runs, unless that component itself accompanies
  the executable.
--- 282,304 ----
      Library will not necessarily be able to recompile the application
      to use the modified definitions.)

!     b) Accompany the work with a written offer, valid for at
      least three years, to give the same user the materials
      specified in Subsection 6a, above, for a charge no more
      than the cost of performing this distribution.

!     c) If distribution of the work is made by offering access to copy
      from a designated place, offer equivalent access to copy the above
      specified materials from the same place.

!     d) Verify that the user has already received a copy of these
      materials or that you have already sent this user a copy.

    For an executable, the required form of the "work that uses the
  Library" must include any data and utility programs needed for
  reproducing the executable from it.  However, as a special exception,
! the source code distributed need not include anything that is normally
! distributed (in either source or binary form) with the major
  components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system on
  which the executable runs, unless that component itself accompanies
  the executable.
*************** Library), the recipient automatically re
*** 368,374 ****
  original licensor to copy, distribute, link with or modify the Library
  subject to these terms and conditions.  You may not impose any further
  restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein.
! You are not responsible for enforcing compliance by third parties with
  this License.
  \f
    11. If, as a consequence of a court judgment or allegation of patent
--- 347,353 ----
  original licensor to copy, distribute, link with or modify the Library
  subject to these terms and conditions.  You may not impose any further
  restrictions on the recipients' exercise of the rights granted herein.
! You are not responsible for enforcing compliance by third parties to
  this License.
  \f
    11. If, as a consequence of a court judgment or allegation of patent
*************** excluded.  In such case, this License in
*** 411,417 ****
  written in the body of this License.

    13. The Free Software Foundation may publish revised and/or new
! versions of the Lesser General Public License from time to time.
  Such new versions will be similar in spirit to the present version,
  but may differ in detail to address new problems or concerns.

--- 390,396 ----
  written in the body of this License.

    13. The Free Software Foundation may publish revised and/or new
! versions of the Library General Public License from time to time.
  Such new versions will be similar in spirit to the present version,
  but may differ in detail to address new problems or concerns.

*************** DAMAGES.
*** 457,463 ****

  		     END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  \f
!            How to Apply These Terms to Your New Libraries

    If you develop a new library, and you want it to be of the greatest
  possible use to the public, we recommend making it free software that
--- 436,442 ----

  		     END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  \f
!      Appendix: How to Apply These Terms to Your New Libraries

    If you develop a new library, and you want it to be of the greatest
  possible use to the public, we recommend making it free software that
*************** convey the exclusion of warranty; and ea
*** 474,491 ****
      Copyright (C) <year>  <name of author>

      This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
!     modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
      License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
!     version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

      This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
      MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
!     Lesser General Public License for more details.

!     You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
!     License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
!     Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307  USA

  Also add information on how to contact you by electronic and paper mail.

--- 453,471 ----
      Copyright (C) <year>  <name of author>

      This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
!     modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public
      License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
!     version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

      This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
      MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
!     Library General Public License for more details.

!     You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public
!     License along with this library; if not, write to the Free
!     Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston,
!     MA 02111-1307, USA

  Also add information on how to contact you by electronic and paper mail.

*************** necessary.  Here is a sample; alter the
*** 500,504 ****
    Ty Coon, President of Vice

  That's all there is to it!
-
-
--- 480,482 ----
*** gcc/./MAINTAINERS	Sun Dec  2 23:02:52 2001
--- ../src/src/./MAINTAINERS	Thu Jul 26 16:20:05 2001
***************
*** 1,219 ****
! 			Blanket Write Privs.

! John Carr					jfc@mit.edu
! Richard Earnshaw				rearnsha@arm.com
! Richard Henderson                               rth@redhat.com
! Geoffrey Keating				geoffk@redhat.com
! Richard Kenner					kenner@nyu.edu
! Jeff Law					law@redhat.com
! Jason Merrill					jason@redhat.com
! Michael Meissner				meissner@redhat.com
! David S. Miller					davem@redhat.com
! Mark Mitchell					mark@codesourcery.com
! Bernd Schmidt					bernds@redhat.com
! Jim Wilson					wilson@redhat.com
!
!
! 			CPU Port Maintainers	(CPU alphabetical order)
!
! a29k port		Jim Wilson		wilson@redhat.com
! alpha port		Richard Henderson	rth@redhat.com
! arc port		Richard Kenner		kenner@nyu.edu
! arm port		Nick Clifton		nickc@redhat.com
! arm port		Richard Earnshaw	rearnsha@arm.com
! avr port		Denis Chertykov		denisc@overta.ru
! avr port		Marek Michalkiewicz	marekm@linux.org.pl
! c4x port		Michael Hayes		m.hayes@elec.canterbury.ac.nz
! cris port		Hans-Peter Nilsson	hp@axis.com
! fr30 port		Nick Clifton		niclc@redhat.com
! h8 port			Jeff Law		law@redhat.com
! h8 port			Kazu Hirata		kazu@hxi.com
! hppa port		Jeff Law		law@redhat.com
! hppa port		Dave Anglin		dave.anglin@nrc.ca
! i860 port		Jason Eckhardt		jle@redhat.com
! i960 port		Jim Wilson		wilson@redhat.com
! ia64 port		Jim Wilson		wilson@redhat.com
! m32r port		Nick Clifton		nickc@redhat.com
! m32r port		Michael Meissner	meissner@redhat.com
! m68hc11 port		Stephane Carrez		Stephane.Carrez@worldnet.fr
! m68k port (?)		Jeff Law		law@redhat.com
! m68k-motorola-sysv port	Philippe De Muyter	phdm@macqel.be
! mcore port		Nick Clifton		nickc@redhat.com
! mips port               Eric Christopher        echristo@redhat.com
! mmix port		Hans-Peter Nilsson	hp@bitrange.com
! mn10200 port		Jeff Law		law@redhat.com
! mn10300 port		Jeff Law		law@redhat.com
! mn10300 port		Alexandre Oliva		aoliva@redhat.com
! rs6000 port		Geoff Keating		geoffk@redhat.com
! rs6000 port		David Edelsohn		dje@watson.ibm.com
! s390 port		Hartmut Penner		hpenner@de.ibm.com
! s390 port		Ulrich Weigand		uweigand@de.ibm.com
! sh port			Joern Rennecke		amylaar@onetel.net.uk
! sh port			Alexandre Oliva		aoliva@redhat.com
! sparc port		Richard Henderson	rth@redhat.com
! sparc port		David S. Miller		davem@redhat.com
! sparc port		Jakub Jelinek		jakub@redhat.com
! x86 ports		Stan Cox		scox@redhat.com
! xstormy16 port		Geoffrey Keating	geoffk@redhat.com
! v850 port		Nick Clifton		nickc@redhat.com
! v850 port		Michael Meissner	meissner@redhat.com
! vax port		Dave Anglin		dave.anglin@nrc.ca
!
! 			OS Port Maintainers	(OS alphabetical order)
!
! darwin port		Stan Shebs		shebs@apple.com
! sco5, unixware, sco udk	Robert Lipe		robertlipe@usa.net
!
! 			Various Maintainers
!
! C front end/ISO C99	Joseph Myers		jsm28@cam.ac.uk
! C front end/ISO C99	Richard Henderson	rth@redhat.com
! Ada front end		Geert Bosch		bosch@gnat.com
! Ada front end		Robert Dewar		dewar@gnat.com
! fortran			Richard Henderson	rth@redhat.com
! fortran			Toon Moene		toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl
! c++			Jason Merrill		jason@redhat.com
! c++                     Mark Mitchell		mark@codesourcery.com
! chill			Dave Brolley		brolley@redhat.com
! chill			Per Bothner		per@bothner.com
! cpplib			Dave Brolley		brolley@redhat.com
! cpplib			Per Bothner		per@bothner.com
! cpplib			Zack Weinberg		zackw@stanford.edu
! cpplib			Neil Booth		neil@daikokuya.demon.co.uk
! java			Per Bothner		per@bothner.com
! java			Alexandre Petit-Bianco	apbianco@redhat.com
! mercury			Fergus Henderson	fjh@cs.mu.oz.au
! objective-c		Stan Shebs		shebs@apple.com
! objective-c		Ovidiu Predescu		ovidiu@cup.hp.com
! alias analysis		John Carr		jfc@mit.edu
! loop unrolling		Jim Wilson		wilson@redhat.com
! loop discovery		Michael Hayes		m.hayes@elec.canterbury.ac.nz
! scheduler (+ haifa)	Jim Wilson		wilson@redhat.com
! scheduler (+ haifa)	Michael Meissner	meissner@redhat.com
! scheduler (+ haifa)	Jeff Law		law@redhat.com
! reorg			Jeff Law		law@redhat.com
! caller-save.c		Jeff Law		law@redhat.com
! debugging code		Jim Wilson		wilson@redhat.com
! dwarf debugging code	Jason Merrill		jason@redhat.com
! c++ runtime libs        Gabriel Dos Reis        dosreis@cmla.ens-cachan.fr
! c++ runtime libs	Ulrich Drepper		drepper@redhat.com
! c++ runtime libs	Phil Edwards		pedwards@jaj.com
! c++ runtime libs	Benjamin Kosnik		bkoz@redhat.com
! *synthetic multiply	Torbjorn Granlund	tege@swox.com
! *c-torture		Torbjorn Granlund	tege@swox.com
! fixincludes		Bruce Korb		bkorb@gnu.org
! gcse.c 			Jeff Law		law@redhat.com
! global opt framework	Jeff Law		law@redhat.com
! jump.c			David S. Miller		davem@redhat.com
! web pages		Gerald Pfeifer		pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
! config.sub/config.guess	Ben Elliston		config-patches@gnu.org
! basic block reordering	Jason Eckhardt		jle@redhat.com
! i18n			Philipp Thomas		pthomas@suse.de
! diagnostic messages	Gabriel Dos Reis	gdr@codesourcery.com
! windows, cygwin, mingw	Christopher Faylor	cgf@redhat.com
! windows, cygwin, mingw	DJ Delorie		dj@redhat.com
! DJGPP			DJ Delorie		dj@delorie.com
! libiberty		DJ Delorie		dj@redhat.com
! build machinery (*.in)	DJ Delorie		dj@redhat.com
! build machinery (*.in)	Alexandre Oliva		aoliva@redhat.com
! docs co-maintainer	Gerald Pfeifer		pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
! Pico-Java port		Steve Chamberlain	sac@transmeta.com
! RTEMS Ports		Joel Sherrill
! predict.def		Jan Hubicka		jh@suse.cz
!
! Note individuals who maintain parts of the compiler need approval to check
! in changes outside of the parts of the compiler they maintain.
!
!
! 			Write After Approval	(last name alphabetical order)
! Scott Bambrough					scottb@netwinder.org
! David Billinghurst				David.Billinghurst@riotinto.com
! Laurynas Biveinis				lauras@softhome.net
! Phil Blundell					pb@futuretv.com
! Hans Boehm					hboehm@gcc.gnu.org
! Andrew Cagney					cagney@redhat.com
! William Cohen					wcohen@redhat.com
! *Paul Eggert					eggert@twinsun.com
! Ben Elliston					bje@redhat.com
! Marc Espie					espie@cvs.openbsd.org
! Kaveh Ghazi					ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu
! Anthony Green					green@redhat.com
! Stu Grossman					grossman@redhat.com
! Laurent Guerby					guerby@acm.org
! Andrew Haley					aph@redhat.com
! Aldy Hernandez					aldyh@redhat.com
! Matthew Hiller					hiller@redhat.com
! Kazu Hirata					kazu@hxi.com
! Manfred Hollstein				mhollstein@redhat.com
! Jan Hubicka					hubicka@freesoft.cz
! Andreas Jaeger					aj@suse.de
! Jakub Jelinek					jakub@redhat.com
! Dale Johannesen 				dalej@apple.com
! Janis Johnson					janis187@us.ibm.com
! Klaus Kaempf					kkaempf@progis.de
! Brendan Kehoe					brendan@zen.org
! Mumit Khan					khan@xraylith.wisc.edu
! Jeff Knaggs					jknaggs@redhat.com
! Matt Kraai					kraai@alumni.carnegiemellon.edu
! Ziemowit Laski					zlaski@apple.com
! Marc Lehmann					pcg@goof.com
! Alan Lehotsky					apl@alum.mit.edu
! Warren Levy					warrenl@redhat.com
! Kriang Lerdsuwanakij				lerdsuwa@users.sourceforge.net
! Don Lindsay					dlindsay@redhat.com
! Dave Love					d.love@dl.ac.uk
! Martin v. Löwis					loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
! *HJ Lu						hjl@lucon.org
! Andrew Macleod					amacleod@redhat.com
! Vladimir Makarov				vmakarov@redhat.com
! Greg McGary					gkm@gnu.org
! Bryce McKinlay					bryce@gcc.gnu.org
! Alan Modra					amodra@bigpond.net.au
! Toon Moene					toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl
! Catherine Moore					clm@redhat.com
! Diego Novillo					dnovillo@redhat.com
! David O'Brien					obrien@FreeBSD.org
! Jeffrey D. Oldham				oldham@codesourcery.com
! Rainer Orth					ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
! Nicola Pero					n.pero@mi.flashnet.it
! Alexandre Petit-Bianco				apbianco@redhat.com
! Clinton Popetz					cpopetz@cpopetz.com
! Ken Raeburn					raeburn@redhat.com
! Rolf Rasmussen					rolfwr@gcc.gnu.org
! Gabriel Dos Reis                                dosreis@cmla.ens-cachan.fr
! Loren J. Rittle					ljrittle@acm.org
! Craig Rodrigues					rodrigc@gcc.gnu.org
! Gavin Romig-Koch				gavin@redhat.com
! Alex Samuel					samuel@codesourcery.com
! Richard Sandiford				rsandifo@redhat.com
! Bernd Schmidt					bernds@redhat.com
! Andreas Schwab					schwab@suse.de
! Stan Shebs					shebs@apple.com
! Nathan Sidwell					nathan@acm.org
! Franz Sirl					franz.sirl-kernel@lauterbach.com
! Michael Sokolov					msokolov@ivan.Harhan.ORG
! Mike Stump					mrs@windriver.com
! Ian Taylor					ian@zembu.com
! Michael Tiemann					tiemann@redhat.com
! Philipp Thomas					pthomas@suse.de
! Kresten Krab Thorup				krab@gcc.gnu.org
! Tom Tromey					tromey@redhat.com
! John Wehle					john@feith.com
! Mark Wielaard					mark@gcc.gnu.org
! Graham Stott					grahams@redhat.com
! Daniel Berlin					dan@cgsoftware.com
! Jim Blandy					jimb@redhat.com
! Chandra Chavva					cchavva@redhat.com
! Chris Demetriou					cgd@sibyte.com
! Doug Evans					devans@transmeta.com
! Michael Matz
! Tom Rix						trix@redhat.com
! Richard Stallman				rms@gnu.org
! Graham Stott					grahams@redhat.com
!
! GNATS only accounts
! Peter Bienstman(?)
! Benjamin Chelf(?)
! James Dennett(?)
! Mark Galassi(?)
! Jeff Strum(?)
--- 1,107 ----
! Please feel free to add, edit, delete this file.
! Please do not make ChangeLog entries.

! COPYING, COPYING.LIB, README
! 	http://gnu.org.
!
! Makefile.in; configure; configure.in
! 	Please notify the following of any committed patches.
! 		binutils@sources.redhat.com
! 		gdb-patches@sources.redhat.com
!
! bfd/; binutils/; gas/; gprof/; ld/; opcodes/; BFD's part of include/
! 	binutils: http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/
! 	Patches to binutils@sources.redhat.com.
! 	Please notify the following of any interface changes:
! 		gdb-patches@sources.redhat.com
!
! cgen/; cgen parts of opcodes/, sim/ & include/
! 	cgen: http://sources.redhat.com/cgen/
! 	Patches to cgen@sources.redhat.com
! 	May need separate opcodes/ or sim/ approval for
! 		commits of regenerated files there.
!
! config.guess; config.sub; dejagnu/config.guess;
! readline/support/config.sub; readline/support/config.guess
! 	config: http://gnu.org
! 	Patches to config-patches@gnu.org.
! 	Changes need to be done in tandem with the official CONFIG
! 	sources or submitted to the master file maintainer and brought
! 	in via a merge.
!
! dejagnu/
! 	Notify http://dejagnu.sourceforge.net/ of generic changes.
! 	Generic patches to gdb-patches@sources.redhat.com;
! 	Other dependents of dejagnu include sid@, binutils@, gcc@, etc.
!
! gdb/; mmalloc/; readline/; sim/; GDB's part of include/ & dejagnu/
! 	gdb: http://sources.redhat.com/gdb/
! 	Patches to gdb-patches@sources.redhat.com.
! 	See also gdb/MAINTAINERS, sim/MAINTAINERS, mmalloc/MAINTAINERS.
!
! include/
! 	See binutils/, gdb/, sid/, gcc/, libiberty/ etc.
!
! libiberty/; libiberty's part of include/
! 	gcc: http://gcc.gnu.org
! 	Changes need to be done in tandem with the official GCC
! 	sources or submitted to the master file maintainer and brought
! 	in via a merge.  Note: approved patches in gcc's libiberty
! 	are automatically approved in this libiberty also; feel free
! 	to merge them yourself if needed sooner than the next merge.
! 	Otherwise, changes are automatically merged, usually within
! 	a day.
!
! ltconfig; ltmain.sh
! 	libtool: http://gnu.org
! 	Changes need to be done in tandem with the official LIBTOOL
! 	sources or submitted to the master file maintainer and brought
! 	in via a merge.
!
! mkinstalldirs; move-if-change; symlink-tree
! 	autoconf: http://gnu.org
! 	Patches to autoconf-patches@gnu.org.
! 	Changes need to be done in tandem with the official AUTOCONF
! 	sources or submitted to the master file maintainer and brought
! 	in via a merge.
!
! newlib/; libgloss/
! 	http://sources.redhat.com/newlib/
! 	Patches to newlib@sources.redhat.com.
!
! sid/; SID's part of cgen/ & dejagnu/
! 	sid: http://sources.redhat.com/sid/
! 	Patches to sid@sources.redhat.com
!
! texinfo/texinfo.tex
! 	texinfo: http://ftp.gnu.org.
! 	Latest version can be found on ftp://ftp.gnu.org and can be
! 	imported at any (reasonable) time.
! 	Please not use GCC's texinfo.  Please do not import texinfo.
!
! tcl/; tix/; itcl/; tk/; libgui/
! 	insight: http://sources.redhat.com/insight/
! 	Contact insight@sources.redhat.com.
!
! winsup/
! 	cygwin: http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin
! 	Patches to cygwin-patches@sources.redhat.com.
! 	General discussion cygwin@sources.redhat.com.
! 	See also winsup/MAINTAINERS.
!
! expect/; config-ml.in; mpw-README; mpw-build.in; mpw-config.in;
! mpw-configure; mpw-install; setup.com; missing; makefile.vms; utils/;
! config/; config.if; makefile.vms; missing; ylwrap; mkdep; etc/;
! install-sh; intl/
! 	Ask.
!
! modules file
! 	Obviously changes to this file should not go through
! 	overseers@sources.redhat.com.  If you understand the file
! 	format (or can cut-and-paste existing entries), modify it. If
! 	it scares you, get someone who does understand it to help you.
! 	Be prepared to fix it if you do break it.
!
! /* Local variables: */
! /* change-log-default-name: "/dev/null" */
! /* End: */
*** gcc/./Makefile.in	Wed Nov 28 09:17:44 2001
--- ../src/src/./Makefile.in	Wed Nov 28 20:55:01 2001
*************** CXXFLAGS = -g -O2
*** 87,93 ****

  LDFLAGS =
  LIBCFLAGS = $(CFLAGS)
- CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD = $(CFLAGS)
  CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET = $(CFLAGS)
  LDFLAGS_FOR_TARGET =
  LIBCFLAGS_FOR_TARGET = $(CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET)
--- 87,92 ----
*************** LIBCXXFLAGS = $(CXXFLAGS) -fno-implicit-
*** 103,108 ****
--- 102,109 ----
  CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET = $(CXXFLAGS)
  LIBCXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET = $(CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET) -fno-implicit-templates

+ RANLIB = ranlib
+
  DLLTOOL = dlltool
  WINDRES = windres

*************** OTHERS =
*** 172,178 ****

  # This is set by the configure script to the list of directories which
  # should be built using the target tools.
! TARGET_CONFIGDIRS = libiberty libgloss $(SPECIAL_LIBS) newlib librx winsup opcodes bsp libstub cygmon libf2c libchill libobjc

  # Target libraries are put under this directory:
  # Changed by configure to $(target_alias) if cross.
--- 173,179 ----

  # This is set by the configure script to the list of directories which
  # should be built using the target tools.
! TARGET_CONFIGDIRS = libiberty libgloss $(SPECIAL_LIBS) newlib libio librx libstdc++ libg++ winsup opcodes bsp libstub cygmon libf2c libchill libobjc

  # Target libraries are put under this directory:
  # Changed by configure to $(target_alias) if cross.
*************** HOST_LIB_PATH = $$r/bfd:$$r/opcodes
*** 203,209 ****

  # This is the list of directories that may be needed in RPATH_ENVVAR
  # so that prorgams built for the target machine work.
! TARGET_LIB_PATH = $$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs:

  # configure.in sets SET_LIB_PATH to this if --enable-shared was used.
  # Some platforms don't like blank entries, so we remove duplicate,
--- 204,210 ----

  # This is the list of directories that may be needed in RPATH_ENVVAR
  # so that prorgams built for the target machine work.
! TARGET_LIB_PATH = $$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs:$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++

  # configure.in sets SET_LIB_PATH to this if --enable-shared was used.
  # Some platforms don't like blank entries, so we remove duplicate,
*************** CC_FOR_TARGET =
*** 232,238 ****
  CHILL_FOR_TARGET =
  CXX_FOR_TARGET =
  CXX_FOR_TARGET_FOR_RECURSIVE_MAKE =
- GCJ_FOR_TARGET =

  # If GCC_FOR_TARGET is not overriden on the command line, then this
  # variable is passed down to the gcc Makefile, where it is used to
--- 233,238 ----
*************** BASE_FLAGS_TO_PASS = \
*** 356,362 ****
  	"CHILLFLAGS=$(CHILLFLAGS)" \
  	"CHILL_FOR_TARGET=$(CHILL_FOR_TARGET)" \
  	"CHILL_LIB=$(CHILL_LIB)" \
- 	"GCJ_FOR_TARGET=$(GCJ_FOR_TARGET)" \
  	"CXX_FOR_BUILD=$(CXX_FOR_BUILD)" \
  	"CXXFLAGS=$(CXXFLAGS)" \
  	"CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET=$(CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET)" \
--- 356,361 ----
*************** BASE_FLAGS_TO_PASS = \
*** 394,401 ****
  	"libdir=$(libdir)" \
  	"libexecdir=$(libexecdir)" \
  	"lispdir=$(lispdir)" \
- 	"libstdcxx_incdir=$(libstdcxx_incdir)" \
- 	"libsubdir=$(libsubdir)" \
  	"localstatedir=$(localstatedir)" \
  	"mandir=$(mandir)" \
  	"oldincludedir=$(oldincludedir)" \
--- 393,398 ----
*************** BASE_FLAGS_TO_PASS = \
*** 408,414 ****
  	"gxx_include_dir=$(gxx_include_dir)" \
  	"gcc_version=$(gcc_version)" \
  	"gcc_version_trigger=$(gcc_version_trigger)" \
! 	"target_alias=$(target_alias)"

  # For any flags above that may contain shell code that varies from one
  # target library to another.  When doing recursive invocations of the
--- 405,412 ----
  	"gxx_include_dir=$(gxx_include_dir)" \
  	"gcc_version=$(gcc_version)" \
  	"gcc_version_trigger=$(gcc_version_trigger)" \
! 	"target_alias=$(target_alias)" \
! 	"libsubdir=$(libsubdir)"

  # For any flags above that may contain shell code that varies from one
  # target library to another.  When doing recursive invocations of the
*************** EXTRA_HOST_FLAGS = \
*** 429,435 ****
  	'DLLTOOL=$(DLLTOOL)' \
  	'LD=$(LD)' \
  	'NM=$(NM)' \
! 	"`echo 'RANLIB=$(RANLIB)' | sed -e s/.*=$$/XFOO=/`" \
  	'WINDRES=$(WINDRES)'

  FLAGS_TO_PASS = $(BASE_FLAGS_TO_PASS) $(EXTRA_HOST_FLAGS)
--- 427,433 ----
  	'DLLTOOL=$(DLLTOOL)' \
  	'LD=$(LD)' \
  	'NM=$(NM)' \
! 	'RANLIB=$(RANLIB)' \
  	'WINDRES=$(WINDRES)'

  FLAGS_TO_PASS = $(BASE_FLAGS_TO_PASS) $(EXTRA_HOST_FLAGS)
*************** EXTRA_GCC_FLAGS = \
*** 483,492 ****
  	'HOST_PREFIX=$(HOST_PREFIX)' \
  	'HOST_PREFIX_1=$(HOST_PREFIX_1)' \
  	'NM=$(NM)' \
! 	"`echo 'RANLIB=$(RANLIB)' | sed -e s/.*=$$/XFOO=/`" \
  	'WINDRES=$$(WINDRES_FOR_TARGET)' \
  	"GCC_FOR_TARGET=$(GCC_FOR_TARGET)" \
- 	"CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD=$(CFLAGS_FOR_BUILD)" \
  	"`echo 'LANGUAGES=$(LANGUAGES)' | sed -e s/.*=$$/XFOO=/`" \
  	"`echo 'STMP_FIXPROTO=$(STMP_FIXPROTO)' | sed -e s/.*=$$/XFOO=/`" \
  	"`echo 'LIMITS_H_TEST=$(LIMITS_H_TEST)' | sed -e s/.*=$$/XFOO=/`" \
--- 481,489 ----
  	'HOST_PREFIX=$(HOST_PREFIX)' \
  	'HOST_PREFIX_1=$(HOST_PREFIX_1)' \
  	'NM=$(NM)' \
! 	'RANLIB=$(RANLIB)' \
  	'WINDRES=$$(WINDRES_FOR_TARGET)' \
  	"GCC_FOR_TARGET=$(GCC_FOR_TARGET)" \
  	"`echo 'LANGUAGES=$(LANGUAGES)' | sed -e s/.*=$$/XFOO=/`" \
  	"`echo 'STMP_FIXPROTO=$(STMP_FIXPROTO)' | sed -e s/.*=$$/XFOO=/`" \
  	"`echo 'LIMITS_H_TEST=$(LIMITS_H_TEST)' | sed -e s/.*=$$/XFOO=/`" \
*************** EXTRA_GCC_FLAGS = \
*** 495,501 ****
  	"`echo 'LIBGCC2_DEBUG_CFLAGS=$(LIBGCC2_DEBUG_CFLAGS)' | sed -e s/.*=$$/XFOO=/`" \
  	"`echo 'LIBGCC2_INCLUDES=$(LIBGCC2_INCLUDES)' | sed -e s/.*=$$/XFOO=/`" \
  	"`echo 'ENQUIRE=$(ENQUIRE)' | sed -e s/.*=$$/XFOO=/`" \
- 	"`echo 'STAGE1_CFLAGS=$(STAGE1_CFLAGS)' | sed -e s/.*=$$/XFOO=/`" \
  	"`echo 'BOOT_CFLAGS=$(BOOT_CFLAGS)' | sed -e s/.*=$$/XFOO=/`"

  GCC_FLAGS_TO_PASS = $(BASE_FLAGS_TO_PASS) $(EXTRA_GCC_FLAGS)
--- 492,497 ----
*************** ALL_MODULES = \
*** 532,538 ****
  	all-diff \
  	all-dosutils \
  	all-etc \
- 	all-fastjar \
  	all-fileutils \
  	all-findutils \
  	all-find \
--- 528,533 ----
*************** ALL_MODULES = \
*** 594,600 ****
  NATIVE_CHECK_MODULES = \
  	check-bison \
  	check-byacc \
- 	check-fastjar \
  	check-flex \
  	check-zip

--- 589,594 ----
*************** INSTALL_MODULES = \
*** 687,693 ****
  	install-diff \
  	install-dosutils \
  	install-etc \
- 	install-fastjar \
  	install-fileutils \
  	install-findutils \
  	install-find \
--- 681,686 ----
*************** INSTALL_X11_MODULES = \
*** 779,786 ****
--- 772,782 ----
  # This is a list of the targets for all of the modules which are compiled
  # using $(TARGET_FLAGS_TO_PASS).
  ALL_TARGET_MODULES = \
+ 	all-target-libio \
+ 	all-target-libstdc++ \
  	all-target-libstdc++-v3 \
  	all-target-librx \
+ 	all-target-libg++ \
  	all-target-newlib \
  	all-target-libf2c \
  	all-target-libchill \
*************** ALL_TARGET_MODULES = \
*** 803,810 ****
--- 799,809 ----
  # This is a list of the configure targets for all of the modules which
  # are compiled using the target tools.
  CONFIGURE_TARGET_MODULES = \
+ 	configure-target-libio \
+ 	configure-target-libstdc++ \
  	configure-target-libstdc++-v3 \
  	configure-target-librx \
+ 	configure-target-libg++ \
  	configure-target-newlib \
  	configure-target-libf2c \
  	configure-target-libchill \
*************** CONFIGURE_TARGET_MODULES = \
*** 827,833 ****
--- 826,835 ----
  # This is a list of the check targets for all of the modules which are
  # compiled using $(TARGET_FLAGS_TO_PASS).
  CHECK_TARGET_MODULES = \
+ 	check-target-libio \
+ 	check-target-libstdc++ \
  	check-target-libstdc++-v3 \
+ 	check-target-libg++ \
  	check-target-newlib \
  	check-target-libf2c \
  	check-target-libchill \
*************** CHECK_TARGET_MODULES = \
*** 844,850 ****
--- 846,855 ----
  # This is a list of the install targets for all of the modules which are
  # compiled using $(TARGET_FLAGS_TO_PASS).
  INSTALL_TARGET_MODULES = \
+ 	install-target-libio \
+ 	install-target-libstdc++ \
  	install-target-libstdc++-v3 \
+ 	install-target-libg++ \
  	install-target-newlib \
  	install-target-libf2c \
  	install-target-libchill \
*************** CLEAN_MODULES = \
*** 879,885 ****
  	clean-diff \
  	clean-dosutils \
  	clean-etc \
- 	clean-fastjar \
  	clean-fileutils \
  	clean-findutils \
  	clean-find \
--- 884,889 ----
*************** CLEAN_MODULES = \
*** 932,939 ****
--- 936,946 ----

  # All of the target modules that can be cleaned
  CLEAN_TARGET_MODULES = \
+ 	clean-target-libio \
+ 	clean-target-libstdc++ \
  	clean-target-libstdc++-v3 \
  	clean-target-librx \
+ 	clean-target-libg++ \
  	clean-target-newlib \
  	clean-target-libf2c \
  	clean-target-libchill \
*************** $(DO_X):
*** 1013,1019 ****
  	    if (cd ./$$i; \
  	        $(MAKE) $(BASE_FLAGS_TO_PASS) "AR=$${AR}" "AS=$${AS}" \
  			"CC=$${CC}" "CXX=$${CXX}" "LD=$${LD}" "NM=$${NM}" \
! 	                "`echo \"RANLIB=$${RANLIB}\" | sed -e 's/.*=$$/XFOO=/'`" \
  			"DLLTOOL=$${DLLTOOL}" "WINDRES=$${WINDRES}" \
  			$${target}); \
  	    then true; else exit 1; fi; \
--- 1020,1026 ----
  	    if (cd ./$$i; \
  	        $(MAKE) $(BASE_FLAGS_TO_PASS) "AR=$${AR}" "AS=$${AS}" \
  			"CC=$${CC}" "CXX=$${CXX}" "LD=$${LD}" "NM=$${NM}" \
! 			"RANLIB=$${RANLIB}" \
  			"DLLTOOL=$${DLLTOOL}" "WINDRES=$${WINDRES}" \
  			$${target}); \
  	    then true; else exit 1; fi; \
*************** $(DO_X):
*** 1031,1037 ****
  	    if (cd $(TARGET_SUBDIR)/$$i; \
  	        $(MAKE) $(BASE_FLAGS_TO_PASS) "AR=$${AR}" "AS=$${AS}" \
  			"CC=$${CC}" "CXX=$${CXX}" "LD=$${LD}" "NM=$${NM}" \
! 	                "`echo \"RANLIB=$${RANLIB}\" | sed -e 's/.*=$$/XFOO=/'`" \
  			"DLLTOOL=$${DLLTOOL}" "WINDRES=$${WINDRES}" \
  			$${target}); \
  	    then true; else exit 1; fi; \
--- 1038,1044 ----
  	    if (cd $(TARGET_SUBDIR)/$$i; \
  	        $(MAKE) $(BASE_FLAGS_TO_PASS) "AR=$${AR}" "AS=$${AS}" \
  			"CC=$${CC}" "CXX=$${CXX}" "LD=$${LD}" "NM=$${NM}" \
! 			"RANLIB=$${RANLIB}" \
  			"DLLTOOL=$${DLLTOOL}" "WINDRES=$${WINDRES}" \
  			$${target}); \
  	    then true; else exit 1; fi; \
*************** local-distclean:
*** 1064,1074 ****
  	-if [ "$(TARGET_SUBDIR)" != "." ]; then \
  	  rm -rf $(TARGET_SUBDIR); \
  	else true; fi
- 	-rm -f texinfo/po/Makefile texinfo/po/Makefile.in texinfo/info/Makefile
- 	-rm -f texinfo/doc/Makefile texinfo/po/POTFILES
- 	-rmdir texinfo/doc texinfo/info texinfo/intl texinfo/lib 2>/dev/null
- 	-rmdir texinfo/makeinfo texinfo/po texinfo/util 2>/dev/null
- 	-rmdir fastjar gcc libiberty texinfo zlib 2>/dev/null

  local-maintainer-clean:
  	@echo "This command is intended for maintainers to use;"
--- 1071,1076 ----
*************** $(CONFIGURE_TARGET_MODULES):
*** 1414,1420 ****
  	    CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET)"; export CFLAGS; \
  	    CXX="$(CXX_FOR_TARGET)"; export CXX; \
  	    CXXFLAGS="$(CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET)"; export CXXFLAGS; \
- 	    GCJ="$(GCJ_FOR_TARGET)"; export GCJ; \
  	    DLLTOOL="$(DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET)"; export DLLTOOL; \
  	    LD="$(LD_FOR_TARGET)"; export LD; \
              LDFLAGS="$(LDFLAGS_FOR_TARGET)"; export LDFLAGS; \
--- 1416,1421 ----
*************** $(CONFIGURE_TARGET_MODULES):
*** 1422,1430 ****
  	    RANLIB="$(RANLIB_FOR_TARGET)"; export RANLIB; \
  	    WINDRES="$(WINDRES_FOR_TARGET)"; export WINDRES; \
  	    echo Configuring in $(TARGET_SUBDIR)/$${dir}; \
! 	    cd "$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/$${dir}" || exit 1; \
  	    case $(srcdir) in \
! 	    /* | [A-Za-z]:[\\/]*) \
  	      topdir=$(srcdir) ;; \
  	    *) \
  	      case "$(TARGET_SUBDIR)" in \
--- 1423,1431 ----
  	    RANLIB="$(RANLIB_FOR_TARGET)"; export RANLIB; \
  	    WINDRES="$(WINDRES_FOR_TARGET)"; export WINDRES; \
  	    echo Configuring in $(TARGET_SUBDIR)/$${dir}; \
! 	    cd $(TARGET_SUBDIR)/$${dir}; \
  	    case $(srcdir) in \
! 	    /*) \
  	      topdir=$(srcdir) ;; \
  	    *) \
  	      case "$(TARGET_SUBDIR)" in \
*************** $(CONFIGURE_TARGET_MODULES):
*** 1466,1472 ****
  	      CONFIG_SITE=no-such-file $(SHELL) $$s/configure \
  		$(TARGET_CONFIGARGS) $${srcdiroption} \
  		--with-target-subdir="$(TARGET_SUBDIR)"; \
! 	    fi || exit 1; \
  	    if [ -f skip-this-dir ] ; then \
  	      sh skip-this-dir; \
  	      rm -f skip-this-dir; \
--- 1467,1473 ----
  	      CONFIG_SITE=no-such-file $(SHELL) $$s/configure \
  		$(TARGET_CONFIGARGS) $${srcdiroption} \
  		--with-target-subdir="$(TARGET_SUBDIR)"; \
! 	    fi; \
  	    if [ -f skip-this-dir ] ; then \
  	      sh skip-this-dir; \
  	      rm -f skip-this-dir; \
*************** check-gcc:
*** 1648,1665 ****
  	  true; \
  	fi

- .PHONY: check-c++
- check-c++:
- 	@if [ -f ./gcc/Makefile ] ; then \
- 	  r=`pwd`; export r; \
- 	  s=`cd $(srcdir); pwd`; export s; \
- 	  $(SET_LIB_PATH) \
- 	  (cd gcc; $(MAKE) $(GCC_FLAGS_TO_PASS) check-c++); \
- 	  $(MAKE) check-target-libstdc++-v3; \
- 	else \
- 	  true; \
- 	fi
-
  .PHONY: install-gcc
  install-gcc:
  	@if [ -f ./gcc/Makefile ] ; then \
--- 1649,1654 ----
*************** install-dosrel-fake:
*** 1700,1706 ****

  ALL_GCC = all-gcc
  ALL_GCC_C = $(ALL_GCC) all-target-newlib all-target-libgloss
! ALL_GCC_CXX = $(ALL_GCC_C) all-target-libstdc++-v3

  # This is a list of inter-dependencies among modules.
  all-apache:
--- 1689,1695 ----

  ALL_GCC = all-gcc
  ALL_GCC_C = $(ALL_GCC) all-target-newlib all-target-libgloss
! ALL_GCC_CXX = $(ALL_GCC_C) all-target-libstdc++ all-target-libstdc++-v3

  # This is a list of inter-dependencies among modules.
  all-apache:
*************** all-bzip2:
*** 1720,1726 ****
  all-cgen: all-libiberty
  all-cvssrc:
  configure-target-cygmon: $(ALL_GCC_C)
! all-target-cygmon: configure-target-cygmon all-target-libiberty all-target-libstub all-target-bsp
  all-db:
  all-dejagnu: all-tcl all-expect all-tk
  all-diff: all-libiberty
--- 1709,1715 ----
  all-cgen: all-libiberty
  all-cvssrc:
  configure-target-cygmon: $(ALL_GCC_C)
! all-target-cygmon: configure-target-cygmon all-target-libiberty all-target-libio all-target-libstub all-target-bsp
  all-db:
  all-dejagnu: all-tcl all-expect all-tk
  all-diff: all-libiberty
*************** all-intl:
*** 1758,1765 ****
--- 1747,1759 ----
  all-ispell: all-emacs19
  all-itcl: all-tcl all-tk all-tcl8.1 all-tk8.1
  all-ld: all-libiberty all-bfd all-opcodes all-bison all-byacc all-flex all-intl
+ configure-target-libg++: $(ALL_GCC_CXX) configure-target-librx
+ all-target-libg++: configure-target-libg++ all-target-libiberty all-target-librx
  configure-target-libgloss: $(ALL_GCC)
  all-target-libgloss: configure-target-libgloss configure-target-newlib
+ configure-target-libio: $(ALL_GCC_C)
+ all-target-libio: configure-target-libio all-gas all-ld all-gcc all-target-libiberty all-target-newlib
+ check-target-libio: all-target-libstdc++
  all-libgui: all-tcl all-tk all-tcl8.1 all-tk8.1 all-itcl
  all-libiberty:

*************** all-build-libiberty: configure-build-lib
*** 1768,1776 ****
  configure-target-libffi: $(ALL_GCC_C)
  all-target-libffi: configure-target-libffi
  configure-target-libjava: $(ALL_GCC_CXX) configure-target-zlib configure-target-boehm-gc configure-target-qthreads configure-target-libffi
! all-target-libjava: configure-target-libjava all-fastjar all-target-zlib all-target-boehm-gc all-target-qthreads all-target-libffi
  configure-target-librx: $(ALL_GCC_C)
  all-target-librx: configure-target-librx
  configure-target-libstdc++-v3: $(ALL_GCC_C)
  all-target-libstdc++-v3: configure-target-libstdc++-v3 all-target-libiberty
  configure-target-libstub: $(ALL_GCC_C)
--- 1762,1772 ----
  configure-target-libffi: $(ALL_GCC_C)
  all-target-libffi: configure-target-libffi
  configure-target-libjava: $(ALL_GCC_CXX) configure-target-zlib configure-target-boehm-gc configure-target-qthreads configure-target-libffi
! all-target-libjava: configure-target-libjava all-zip all-target-zlib all-target-boehm-gc all-target-qthreads all-target-libffi
  configure-target-librx: $(ALL_GCC_C)
  all-target-librx: configure-target-librx
+ configure-target-libstdc++: $(ALL_GCC_C)
+ all-target-libstdc++: configure-target-libstdc++ all-target-libiberty all-target-libio
  configure-target-libstdc++-v3: $(ALL_GCC_C)
  all-target-libstdc++-v3: configure-target-libstdc++-v3 all-target-libiberty
  configure-target-libstub: $(ALL_GCC_C)
*************** all-zip:
*** 1823,1831 ****
  all-zlib:
  configure-target-zlib: $(ALL_GCC_C)
  all-target-zlib: configure-target-zlib
- all-fastjar: all-zlib
- configure-target-fastjar: configure-target-zlib
- all-target-fastjar: configure-target-fastjar all-target-zlib
  configure-target-libiberty: $(ALL_GCC_C)
  all-target-libiberty: configure-target-libiberty
  all-target: $(ALL_TARGET_MODULES)
--- 1819,1824 ----
*************** DEVO_SUPPORT= README Makefile.in configu
*** 1884,1890 ****
  # ChangeLog omitted because it may refer to files which are not in this
  # distribution (perhaps it would be better to include it anyway).
  ETC_SUPPORT= Makefile.in configure configure.in standards.texi \
! 	make-stds.texi standards.info*

  # When you use `make setup-dirs' or `make taz' you should always redefine
  # this macro.
--- 1877,1885 ----
  # ChangeLog omitted because it may refer to files which are not in this
  # distribution (perhaps it would be better to include it anyway).
  ETC_SUPPORT= Makefile.in configure configure.in standards.texi \
! 	make-stds.texi standards.info* configure.texi configure.info* \
! 	configbuild.* configdev.*
!

  # When you use `make setup-dirs' or `make taz' you should always redefine
  # this macro.
*************** SUPPORT_FILES = list-of-support-files-fo
*** 1892,1901 ****

  # NOTE: No double quotes in the below.  It is used within shell script
  # as VER="$(VER)"
! VER = `	if grep AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE $(TOOL)/configure.in >/dev/null 2>&1; then \
  	  sed < $(TOOL)/configure.in -n 's/AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE[^,]*, *\([^)]*\))/\1/p'; \
! 	else \
  	  sed < $(TOOL)/Makefile.in -n 's/^VERSION *= *//p'; \
  	fi`
  PACKAGE = $(TOOL)

--- 1887,1902 ----

  # NOTE: No double quotes in the below.  It is used within shell script
  # as VER="$(VER)"
! VER = `	if grep 'AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE.*BFD_VERSION' $(TOOL)/configure.in >/dev/null 2>&1; then \
! 	  sed < bfd/configure.in -n 's/AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE[^,]*, *\([^)]*\))/\1/p'; \
! 	elif grep AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE $(TOOL)/configure.in >/dev/null 2>&1; then \
  	  sed < $(TOOL)/configure.in -n 's/AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE[^,]*, *\([^)]*\))/\1/p'; \
! 	elif test -f $(TOOL)/version.in; then \
! 	  head -1 $(TOOL)/version.in; \
! 	elif grep VERSION $(TOOL)/Makefile.in > /dev/null 2>&1; then \
  	  sed < $(TOOL)/Makefile.in -n 's/^VERSION *= *//p'; \
+ 	else \
+ 	  echo VERSION; \
  	fi`
  PACKAGE = $(TOOL)

*************** do-proto-toplev: $(DEVO_SUPPORT) $(SUPPO
*** 1987,1992 ****
--- 1988,1998 ----
  	else true; fi
  	chmod -R og=u . || chmod og=u `find . -print`
  	#
+ 	# Create .gmo files from .po files.
+ 	for f in `find . -name '*.po' -type f -print`; do \
+ 	     msgfmt -o `echo $$f | sed -e 's/\.po$$/.gmo/'` $$f ; \
+ 	done
+ 	#
  	-rm -f $(PACKAGE)-$(VER)
  	ln -s proto-toplev $(PACKAGE)-$(VER)

*************** gas+binutils.tar.bz2: $(DIST_SUPPORT) $(
*** 2039,2044 ****
--- 2045,2057 ----
  	$(MAKE) -f Makefile.in taz TOOL=gas \
  		MD5PROG="$(MD5PROG)" \
  		SUPPORT_FILES="$(GASB_SUPPORT_DIRS)"
+
+ .PHONY: libg++.tar.bz2
+ LIBGXX_SUPPORT_DIRS=include libstdc++ libio librx libiberty
+ libg++.tar.bz2: $(DIST_SUPPORT) libg++
+ 	$(MAKE) -f Makefile.in taz TOOL=libg++ \
+ 		MD5PROG="$(MD5PROG)" \
+ 		SUPPORT_FILES="$(LIBGXX_SUPPORT_DIRS)"

  GNATS_SUPPORT_DIRS=include libiberty send-pr
  gnats.tar.bz2: $(DIST_SUPPORT) $(GNATS_SUPPORT_DIRS) gnats
*** gcc/./README	Wed Jun 13 20:48:09 2001
--- ../src/src/./README	Mon May  3 09:28:39 1999
***************
*** 1,17 ****
! This directory contains the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC).

! The GNU Compiler Collection is free software.  See the file COPYING
! for copying permission.  The manuals, and some of the runtime
! libraries, are under different terms; see the individual source files
! for details.
!
! The directory INSTALL contains copies of the installation information
! as HTML and plain text.  The source of this information is
! gcc/doc/install.texi.  The installation information includes details
! of what is included in the GCC sources and what files GCC installs.
!
! See the file gcc/doc/gcc.texi (together with other files that it
! includes) for usage and porting information.  An online readable
! version of the manual is in the files gcc/doc/gcc.info*.

! See http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html for how to report bugs usefully.
--- 1,47 ----
! 		   README for GNU development tools

! This directory contains various GNU compilers, assemblers, linkers,
! debuggers, etc., plus their support routines, definitions, and documentation.

! If you are receiving this as part of a GDB release, see the file gdb/README.
! If with a binutils release, see binutils/README;  if with a libg++ release,
! see libg++/README, etc.  That'll give you info about this
! package -- supported targets, how to use it, how to report bugs, etc.
!
! It is now possible to automatically configure and build a variety of
! tools with one command.  To build all of the tools contained herein,
! run the ``configure'' script here, e.g.:
!
! 	./configure
! 	make
!
! To install them (by default in /usr/local/bin, /usr/local/lib, etc),
! then do:
! 	make install
!
! (If the configure script can't determine your type of computer, give it
! the name as an argument, for instance ``./configure sun4''.  You can
! use the script ``config.sub'' to test whether a name is recognized; if
! it is, config.sub translates it to a triplet specifying CPU, vendor,
! and OS.)
!
! If you have more than one compiler on your system, it is often best to
! explicitly set CC in the environment before running configure, and to
! also set CC when running make.  For example (assuming sh/bash/ksh):
!
! 	CC=gcc ./configure
! 	make
!
! A similar example using csh:
!
! 	setenv CC gcc
! 	./configure
! 	make
!
! Much of the code and documentation enclosed is copyright by
! the Free Software Foundation, Inc.  See the file COPYING or
! COPYING.LIB in the various directories, for a description of the
! GNU General Public License terms under which you can copy the files.
!
! REPORTING BUGS: Again, see gdb/README, binutils/README, etc., for info
! on where and how to report problems.
*** gcc/./config-ml.in	Wed Jun 13 04:12:07 2001
--- ../src/src/./config-ml.in	Tue Aug 22 07:01:20 2000
***************
*** 17,22 ****
--- 17,24 ----
  #   . ${srcdir}/../config-ml.in
  # fi
  #
+ # See librx/configure.in in the libg++ distribution for an example of how
+ # to handle autoconf'd libraries.
  #
  # Things are complicated because 6 separate cases must be handled:
  # 2 (native, cross) x 3 (absolute-path, relative-not-dot, dot) = 6.
***************
*** 28,37 ****
--- 30,42 ----
  # The build tree is layed out as
  #
  # ./
+ #   libg++
  #   newlib
  #   m68020/
+ #          libg++
  #          newlib
  #          m68881/
+ #                 libg++
  #                 newlib
  #
  # The nice feature about this arrangement is that inter-library references
*************** done
*** 151,157 ****
  if [ "${enable_multilib}" = yes ]; then

  # Compute whether this is the library's top level directory
! # (ie: not a multilib subdirectory, and not a subdirectory like newlib/src).
  # ${with_multisubdir} tells us we're in the right branch, but we could be
  # in a subdir of that.
  # ??? The previous version could void this test by separating the process into
--- 156,162 ----
  if [ "${enable_multilib}" = yes ]; then

  # Compute whether this is the library's top level directory
! # (ie: not a multilib subdirectory, and not a subdirectory like libg++/src).
  # ${with_multisubdir} tells us we're in the right branch, but we could be
  # in a subdir of that.
  # ??? The previous version could void this test by separating the process into
*************** mips*-*-*)
*** 392,419 ****
  	esac
  	;;
  powerpc*-*-* | rs6000*-*-*)
- 	if [ x$enable_aix64 = xno ]
- 	then
- 	  old_multidirs="${multidirs}"
- 	  multidirs=""
- 	  for x in ${old_multidirs}; do
- 	    case "$x" in
- 	      *ppc64* ) : ;;
- 	      *) multidirs="${multidirs} ${x}" ;;
- 	    esac
- 	  done
- 	fi
- 	if [ x$enable_pthread = xno ]
- 	then
- 	  old_multidirs="${multidirs}"
- 	  multidirs=""
- 	  for x in ${old_multidirs}; do
- 	    case "$x" in
- 	      *pthread* ) : ;;
- 	      *) multidirs="${multidirs} ${x}" ;;
- 	    esac
- 	  done
- 	fi
  	if [ x$enable_softfloat = xno ]
  	then
  	  old_multidirs="${multidirs}"
--- 397,402 ----
*************** multi-do:
*** 548,554 ****
  				CFLAGS="$(CFLAGS) $${flags}" \
  				prefix="$(prefix)" \
  				exec_prefix="$(exec_prefix)" \
- 				GCJFLAGS="$(GCJFLAGS) $${flags}" \
  				CXXFLAGS="$(CXXFLAGS) $${flags}" \
  				LIBCFLAGS="$(LIBCFLAGS) $${flags}" \
  				LIBCXXFLAGS="$(LIBCXXFLAGS) $${flags}" \
--- 531,536 ----
*************** if [ -n "${multidirs}" ] && [ -z "${ml_n
*** 738,744 ****
        ;;
      *)
        case "${srcdir}" in
!       /* | [A-Za-z]:[\\/]* ) # absolute path
          ml_newsrcdir=${srcdir}
          ;;
        *) # otherwise relative
--- 720,726 ----
        ;;
      *)
        case "${srcdir}" in
!       /*) # absolute path
          ml_newsrcdir=${srcdir}
          ;;
        *) # otherwise relative
*************** if [ -n "${multidirs}" ] && [ -z "${ml_n
*** 751,757 ****
      esac

      case "${progname}" in
!     /* | [A-Za-z]:[\\/]* )     ml_recprog=${progname} ;;
      *)      ml_recprog=${dotdot}${progname} ;;
      esac

--- 733,739 ----
      esac

      case "${progname}" in
!     /*)     ml_recprog=${progname} ;;
      *)      ml_recprog=${dotdot}${progname} ;;
      esac

*************** if [ -n "${multidirs}" ] && [ -z "${ml_n
*** 771,782 ****
          break
        fi
      done
!     ml_config_env='CC="${CC_}$flags" CXX="${CXX_}$flags" GCJ="${GCJ_}$flags"'

      if [ "${with_target_subdir}" = "." ]; then
  	CC_=$CC' '
  	CXX_=$CXX' '
- 	GCJ_=$GCJ' '
      else
  	# Create a regular expression that matches any string as long
  	# as ML_POPDIR.
--- 753,763 ----
          break
        fi
      done
!     ml_config_env='CC="${CC_}$flags" CXX="${CXX_}$flags"'

      if [ "${with_target_subdir}" = "." ]; then
  	CC_=$CC' '
  	CXX_=$CXX' '
      else
  	# Create a regular expression that matches any string as long
  	# as ML_POPDIR.
*************** if [ -n "${multidirs}" ] && [ -z "${ml_n
*** 802,819 ****
  	    CXX_="${CXX_}"`echo "X${arg}" | sed -n "s/X\\(${popdir_rx}\\).*/\\1/p"`/${ml_dir}`echo "X${arg}" | sed -n "s/X${popdir_rx}\\(.*\\)/\\1/p"`' ' ;;
  	  *)
  	    CXX_="${CXX_}${arg} " ;;
- 	  esac
- 	done
-
- 	GCJ_=
- 	for arg in ${GCJ}; do
- 	  case $arg in
- 	  -[BIL]"${ML_POPDIR}"/*)
- 	    GCJ_="${GCJ_}"`echo "X${arg}" | sed -n "s/X\\(-[BIL]${popdir_rx}\\).*/\\1/p"`/${ml_dir}`echo "X${arg}" | sed -n "s/X-[BIL]${popdir_rx}\\(.*\\)/\\1/p"`' ' ;;
- 	  "${ML_POPDIR}"/*)
- 	    GCJ_="${GCJ_}"`echo "X${arg}" | sed -n "s/X\\(${popdir_rx}\\).*/\\1/p"`/${ml_dir}`echo "X${arg}" | sed -n "s/X${popdir_rx}\\(.*\\)/\\1/p"`' ' ;;
- 	  *)
- 	    GCJ_="${GCJ_}${arg} " ;;
  	  esac
  	done

--- 783,788 ----
*** gcc/./config.guess	Mon Nov  5 19:54:41 2001
--- ../src/src/./config.guess	Fri Sep 28 23:04:51 2001
***************
*** 3,9 ****
  #   Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
  #   Free Software Foundation, Inc.

! timestamp='2001-10-05'

  # This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
  # under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
--- 3,9 ----
  #   Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
  #   Free Software Foundation, Inc.

! timestamp='2001-09-13'

  # This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
  # under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
*************** timestamp='2001-10-05'
*** 24,32 ****
  # configuration script generated by Autoconf, you may include it under
  # the same distribution terms that you use for the rest of that program.

! # Originally written by Per Bothner <bothner@cygnus.com>.
! # Please send patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>.  Submit a context
! # diff and a properly formatted ChangeLog entry.
  #
  # This script attempts to guess a canonical system name similar to
  # config.sub.  If it succeeds, it prints the system name on stdout, and
--- 24,31 ----
  # configuration script generated by Autoconf, you may include it under
  # the same distribution terms that you use for the rest of that program.

! # Written by Per Bothner <bothner@cygnus.com>.
! # Please send patches to <config-patches@gnu.org>.
  #
  # This script attempts to guess a canonical system name similar to
  # config.sub.  If it succeeds, it prints the system name on stdout, and
*************** EOF
*** 548,555 ****
  	    9000/31? )            HP_ARCH=m68000 ;;
  	    9000/[34]?? )         HP_ARCH=m68k ;;
  	    9000/[678][0-9][0-9])
! 		if [ -x /usr/bin/getconf ]; then
! 		    sc_cpu_version=`/usr/bin/getconf SC_CPU_VERSION 2>/dev/null`
                      sc_kernel_bits=`/usr/bin/getconf SC_KERNEL_BITS 2>/dev/null`
                      case "${sc_cpu_version}" in
                        523) HP_ARCH="hppa1.0" ;; # CPU_PA_RISC1_0
--- 547,556 ----
  	    9000/31? )            HP_ARCH=m68000 ;;
  	    9000/[34]?? )         HP_ARCH=m68k ;;
  	    9000/[678][0-9][0-9])
!               case "${HPUX_REV}" in
!                 11.[0-9][0-9])
!                   if [ -x /usr/bin/getconf ]; then
!                     sc_cpu_version=`/usr/bin/getconf SC_CPU_VERSION 2>/dev/null`
                      sc_kernel_bits=`/usr/bin/getconf SC_KERNEL_BITS 2>/dev/null`
                      case "${sc_cpu_version}" in
                        523) HP_ARCH="hppa1.0" ;; # CPU_PA_RISC1_0
*************** EOF
*** 558,570 ****
                          case "${sc_kernel_bits}" in
                            32) HP_ARCH="hppa2.0n" ;;
                            64) HP_ARCH="hppa2.0w" ;;
- 			  '') HP_ARCH="hppa2.0" ;;   # HP-UX 10.20
                          esac ;;
                      esac
! 		fi
! 		if [ "${HP_ARCH}" = "" ]; then
! 		    eval $set_cc_for_build
! 		    sed 's/^              //' << EOF >$dummy.c

                #define _HPUX_SOURCE
                #include <stdlib.h>
--- 559,571 ----
                          case "${sc_kernel_bits}" in
                            32) HP_ARCH="hppa2.0n" ;;
                            64) HP_ARCH="hppa2.0w" ;;
                          esac ;;
                      esac
!                   fi ;;
!               esac
!               if [ "${HP_ARCH}" = "" ]; then
! 	      eval $set_cc_for_build
!               sed 's/^              //' << EOF >$dummy.c

                #define _HPUX_SOURCE
                #include <stdlib.h>
*************** EOF
*** 597,606 ****
                    exit (0);
                }
  EOF
! 		    (CCOPTS= $CC_FOR_BUILD $dummy.c -o $dummy 2>/dev/null) && HP_ARCH=`./$dummy`
! 		    if test -z "$HP_ARCH"; then HP_ARCH=hppa; fi
! 		    rm -f $dummy.c $dummy
! 		fi ;;
  	esac
  	echo ${HP_ARCH}-hp-hpux${HPUX_REV}
  	exit 0 ;;
--- 598,607 ----
                    exit (0);
                }
  EOF
! 	    (CCOPTS= $CC_FOR_BUILD $dummy.c -o $dummy 2>/dev/null ) && HP_ARCH=`./$dummy`
! 	    if test -z "$HP_ARCH"; then HP_ARCH=hppa; fi
! 	    rm -f $dummy.c $dummy
! 	fi ;;
  	esac
  	echo ${HP_ARCH}-hp-hpux${HPUX_REV}
  	exit 0 ;;
*************** EOF
*** 947,953 ****
  	exit 0 ;;
      M68*:*:R3V[567]*:*)
  	test -r /sysV68 && echo 'm68k-motorola-sysv' && exit 0 ;;
!     3[34]??:*:4.0:3.0 | 3[34]??A:*:4.0:3.0 | 3[34]??,*:*:4.0:3.0 | 4850:*:4.0:3.0 | SKA40:*:4.0:3.0)
  	OS_REL=''
  	test -r /etc/.relid \
  	&& OS_REL=.`sed -n 's/[^ ]* [^ ]* \([0-9][0-9]\).*/\1/p' < /etc/.relid`
--- 948,954 ----
  	exit 0 ;;
      M68*:*:R3V[567]*:*)
  	test -r /sysV68 && echo 'm68k-motorola-sysv' && exit 0 ;;
!     3[34]??:*:4.0:3.0 | 3[34]??A:*:4.0:3.0 | 3[34]??,*:*:4.0:3.0 | 4850:*:4.0:3.0)
  	OS_REL=''
  	test -r /etc/.relid \
  	&& OS_REL=.`sed -n 's/[^ ]* [^ ]* \([0-9][0-9]\).*/\1/p' < /etc/.relid`
*** gcc/./config.if	Mon Feb  5 12:02:20 2001
--- ../src/src/./config.if	Mon May 14 18:40:49 2001
*************** else
*** 21,32 ****
    if_topsrcdir=${top_srcdir}
  fi

! libstdcxx_srcdir=${if_topsrcdir}/libstdc++-v3
! # We check libstdc++-v3/configure.in for libstdcxx_interface.
! libstdcxx_interface=`grep "^INTERFACE" ${libstdcxx_srcdir}/configure.in | sed 's/INTERFACE[ 	]*=[ 	]*\(.*\)/\1/'`
! libstdcxx_incdir=g++-${libstdcxx_interface}
! # Used to version libstdc++ shared libraries
! cxx_interface=2

  # The trickiest part is libc_interface.
  if [ -z "${libc_interface}" ]
--- 21,45 ----
    if_topsrcdir=${top_srcdir}
  fi

! if [ "${enable_libstdcxx_v3}" = "yes" ] ; then
!   libstdcxx_srcdir=${if_topsrcdir}/libstdc++-v3
! else
!   libstdcxx_srcdir=${if_topsrcdir}/libstdc++
! fi
!
! if [ -f ${libstdcxx_srcdir}/Makefile.in ]; then
! # We check libstdc++ for libstdcxx_interface.
! libstdcxx_interface=`grep "^INTERFACE" ${libstdcxx_srcdir}/Makefile.in | sed 's/INTERFACE[ 	]*=[ 	]*\(.*\)/\1/'`
! else
! libstdcxx_interface=
! fi
!
! if [ -f ${if_topsrcdir}/gcc/cp/Makefile.in ]; then
! # We check gcc/cp for cxx_interface.
! cxx_interface=`grep "^INTERFACE" ${if_topsrcdir}/gcc/cp/Makefile.in | sed 's/INTERFACE[ 	]*=[ 	]*\(.*\)/\1/'`
! else
! cxx_interface=
! fi

  # The trickiest part is libc_interface.
  if [ -z "${libc_interface}" ]
*************** EOF
*** 69,76 ****
  	exit 1
        fi
      else
!       # Cross compiling. Assume glibc 2.1.
!       libc_interface=-libc6.1-
      fi
      ;;
    *)
--- 82,89 ----
  	exit 1
        fi
      else
!       # Cross compiling. Assume glibc 2.2.
!       libc_interface=-libc6.2-
      fi
      ;;
    *)
*** gcc/./config.sub	Fri Nov  9 19:08:11 2001
--- ../src/src/./config.sub	Mon Nov 26 23:52:00 2001
***************
*** 3,9 ****
  #   Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
  #   Free Software Foundation, Inc.

! timestamp='2001-11-08'

  # This file is (in principle) common to ALL GNU software.
  # The presence of a machine in this file suggests that SOME GNU software
--- 3,9 ----
  #   Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
  #   Free Software Foundation, Inc.

! timestamp='2001-11-21'

  # This file is (in principle) common to ALL GNU software.
  # The presence of a machine in this file suggests that SOME GNU software
*************** case $os in
*** 1125,1130 ****
--- 1125,1133 ----
  		;;
  	-acis*)
  		os=-aos
+ 		;;
+ 	-atheos*)
+ 		os=-atheos
  		;;
  	-386bsd)
  		os=-bsd
*** gcc/./configure	Wed Nov 28 09:17:44 2001
--- ../src/src/./configure	Wed Nov 28 20:55:01 2001
***************
*** 3,9 ****
  ### WARNING: this file contains embedded tabs.  Do not run untabify on this file.

  # Configuration script
! # Copyright (C) 1988, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 1999, 2000, 2001
  # Free Software Foundation, Inc.

--- 3,9 ----
  ### WARNING: this file contains embedded tabs.  Do not run untabify on this file.

  # Configuration script
! # Copyright (C) 1988, 90, 91, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 1999
  # Free Software Foundation, Inc.

*************** cache_file_option=
*** 53,61 ****
  configdirs=
  extraconfigdirs=
  diroptions=
- enable_threads=no
- enable_shared=no
- enable_libstdcxx_v3=yes
  exec_prefix=
  exec_prefixoption=
  fatal=
--- 53,58 ----
*************** subdirs=
*** 89,95 ****
  target_alias=NOTARGET
  target_makefile_frag=
  undefs=NOUNDEFS
! version="$Revision: 1.39 $"
  x11=default
  bindir='${exec_prefix}/bin'
  sbindir='${exec_prefix}/sbin'
--- 86,92 ----
  target_alias=NOTARGET
  target_makefile_frag=
  undefs=NOUNDEFS
! version="$Revision: 1.13 $"
  x11=default
  bindir='${exec_prefix}/bin'
  sbindir='${exec_prefix}/sbin'
*************** progname=$0
*** 155,171 ****
  if [ -n "$PWD" ]; then PWD=`pwd`; fi

  case "${progname}" in
! /* | [A-Za-z]:[\\/]* ) ;;
  */*) ;;
  *)
          PATH=$PATH:${PWD=`pwd`} ; export PATH
          ;;
  esac

- # Export original configure arguments for use by sub-configures.
- TOPLEVEL_CONFIGURE_ARGUMENTS="$progname $@"
- export TOPLEVEL_CONFIGURE_ARGUMENTS
-
  # Loop over all args

  while :
--- 152,164 ----
  if [ -n "$PWD" ]; then PWD=`pwd`; fi

  case "${progname}" in
! /*) ;;
  */*) ;;
  *)
          PATH=$PATH:${PWD=`pwd`} ; export PATH
          ;;
  esac

  # Loop over all args

  while :
*************** case "${TMPDIR}" in
*** 663,677 ****
  esac

  # keep this filename short for &%*%$*# 14 char file names and 8+3 file names
! tmpdir=${TMPDIR}/cNf$$
! mkdir ${tmpdir} || exit 1
! tmpfile=${tmpdir}/cNf$$
  # Note that under many versions of sh a trap handler for 0 will *override* any
  # exit status you explicitly specify!  At this point, the only non-error exit
  # is at the end of the script; these actions are duplicated there, minus
  # the "exit 1".  Don't use "exit 0" anywhere after this without resetting the
  # trap handler, or you'll lose.
! trap "rm -rf Makefile.tem ${tmpdir}; exit 1" 0 1 2 15

  # split ${srcdir}/configure.in into common, per-host, per-target,
  # and post-target parts.  Post-target is optional.
--- 656,668 ----
  esac

  # keep this filename short for &%*%$*# 14 char file names and 8+3 file names
! tmpfile=${TMPDIR}/cNf$$
  # Note that under many versions of sh a trap handler for 0 will *override* any
  # exit status you explicitly specify!  At this point, the only non-error exit
  # is at the end of the script; these actions are duplicated there, minus
  # the "exit 1".  Don't use "exit 0" anywhere after this without resetting the
  # trap handler, or you'll lose.
! trap "rm -f Makefile.tem ${tmpfile}.com ${tmpfile}.tgt ${tmpfile}.hst ${tmpfile}.pos; exit 1" 0 1 2 15

  # split ${srcdir}/configure.in into common, per-host, per-target,
  # and post-target parts.  Post-target is optional.
*************** if test -f skip-this-dir; then
*** 698,704 ****
  	# Perform the same cleanup as the trap handler, minus the "exit 1" of course,
  	# and reset the trap handler.
  	trap 0
! 	rm -rf Makefile* ${tmpdir}
  	# Execute the final clean-up actions
  	${config_shell} skip-this-dir
  	# and stop configuring this directory.
--- 689,695 ----
  	# Perform the same cleanup as the trap handler, minus the "exit 1" of course,
  	# and reset the trap handler.
  	trap 0
! 	rm -f Makefile* ${tmpfile}.com ${tmpfile}.tgt ${tmpfile}.hst ${tmpfile}.pos
  	# Execute the final clean-up actions
  	${config_shell} skip-this-dir
  	# and stop configuring this directory.
*************** if [ "${build}" != "${host}" ]; then
*** 916,922 ****
    # are not the same, we set reasonable default values for the tools.

    tools="AR AR_FOR_TARGET AS AS_FOR_TARGET BISON CC_FOR_BUILD"
!   tools="${tools} CC_FOR_TARGET CXX_FOR_TARGET GCJ_FOR_TARGET"
    tools="${tools} DLLTOOL DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET GCC_FOR_TARGET HOST_PREFIX"
    tools="${tools} HOST_PREFIX_1 LD LD_FOR_TARGET LEX MAKEINFO NM"
    tools="${tools} NM_FOR_TARGET RANLIB RANLIB_FOR_TARGET"
--- 907,913 ----
    # are not the same, we set reasonable default values for the tools.

    tools="AR AR_FOR_TARGET AS AS_FOR_TARGET BISON CC_FOR_BUILD"
!   tools="${tools} CC_FOR_TARGET CXX_FOR_TARGET"
    tools="${tools} DLLTOOL DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET GCC_FOR_TARGET HOST_PREFIX"
    tools="${tools} HOST_PREFIX_1 LD LD_FOR_TARGET LEX MAKEINFO NM"
    tools="${tools} NM_FOR_TARGET RANLIB RANLIB_FOR_TARGET"
*************** t loop
*** 951,957 ****
    CC_FOR_BUILD=${CC_FOR_BUILD-gcc}
    CC_FOR_TARGET=${CC_FOR_TARGET-${target_alias}-gcc}
    CXX_FOR_TARGET=${CXX_FOR_TARGET-${target_alias}-c++}
-   GCJ_FOR_TARGET=${GCJ_FOR_TARGET-${target_alias}-gcj}
    DLLTOOL=${DLLTOOL-${host_alias}-dlltool}
    DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET=${DLLTOOL_FOR_TARGET-${target_alias}-dlltool}
    GCC_FOR_TARGET=${GCC_FOR_TARGET-${CC_FOR_TARGET-${target_alias}-gcc}}
--- 942,947 ----
*************** for subdir in . ${subdirs} ; do
*** 1105,1111 ****
      case "${srcdir}" in
          ".")  # no -srcdir option.  We're building in place.
                  makesrcdir=. ;;
!         /* | [A-Za-z]:[\\/]* ) # absolute path
                  makesrcdir=`echo ${srcdir}/${subdir} | sed -e 's|/\.$||'`
                  ;;
          *) # otherwise relative
--- 1095,1101 ----
      case "${srcdir}" in
          ".")  # no -srcdir option.  We're building in place.
                  makesrcdir=. ;;
!         /*) # absolute path
                  makesrcdir=`echo ${srcdir}/${subdir} | sed -e 's|/\.$||'`
                  ;;
          *) # otherwise relative
*************** EOF
*** 1301,1307 ****
              esac
              # real copy now in ${subdir}/Makefile.tem

!             # prepend warning about editing, and a bunch of variables.
              rm -f ${Makefile}
              cat > ${Makefile} <<EOF
  # ${NO_EDIT}
--- 1291,1297 ----
              esac
              # real copy now in ${subdir}/Makefile.tem

!             # prepend warning about editting, and a bunch of variables.
              rm -f ${Makefile}
              cat > ${Makefile} <<EOF
  # ${NO_EDIT}
*************** EOF
*** 1331,1349 ****

              case "${package_makefile_frag}" in
                "") ;;
!               /* | [A-Za-z]:[\\/]* ) echo package_makefile_frag = ${package_makefile_frag} >>${Makefile} ;;
                *)  echo package_makefile_frag = ${invsubdir}${package_makefile_frag} >>${Makefile} ;;
              esac

              case "${target_makefile_frag}" in
                "") ;;
!               /* | [A-Za-z]:[\\/]* ) echo target_makefile_frag = ${target_makefile_frag} >>${Makefile} ;;
                *)  echo target_makefile_frag = ${invsubdir}${target_makefile_frag} >>${Makefile} ;;
              esac

              case "${host_makefile_frag}" in
                "") ;;
!               /* | [A-Za-z]:[\\/]* ) echo host_makefile_frag = ${host_makefile_frag} >>${Makefile} ;;
                *)  echo host_makefile_frag = ${invsubdir}${host_makefile_frag} >>${Makefile} ;;
              esac

--- 1321,1339 ----

[...]

*** 1351,1358 ****
                  echo site_makefile_frag = ${invsubdir}${site_makefile_frag} >>${Makefile}
              fi

! 	    echo enable_shared = ${enable_shared} >> ${Makefile}
! 	    echo enable_threads = ${enable_threads} >> ${Makefile}
  	    # record if we want to rumtime library stuff installed in libsubdir.
  	    if test -z "${enable_version_specific_runtime_libs}"; then
  	        echo enable_version_specific_runtime_libs = no >> ${Makefile}
--- 1341,1352 ----
                  echo site_makefile_frag = ${invsubdir}${site_makefile_frag} >>${Makefile}
              fi

! 	    # record if we want to build shared libs.
! 	    if test -z "${enable_shared}"; then
! 	        echo enable_shared = no >> ${Makefile}
! 	    else
! 	        echo enable_shared = ${enable_shared} >> ${Makefile}
! 	    fi
  	    # record if we want to rumtime library stuff installed in libsubdir.
  	    if test -z "${enable_version_specific_runtime_libs}"; then
  	        echo enable_version_specific_runtime_libs = no >> ${Makefile}
*************** if [ -z "${norecursion}" ] && [ -n "${co
*** 1555,1561 ****
  ### figure out what to do with srcdir
                          case "${srcdir}" in
                          ".") newsrcdir=${srcdir} ;; # no -srcdir option.  We're building in place.
!                         /* | [A-Za-z]:[\\/]* ) # absolute path
                                  newsrcdir=${srcdir}/${cfg_dir}
                                  srcdiroption="--srcdir=${newsrcdir}"
                                  ;;
--- 1549,1559 ----
  ### figure out what to do with srcdir
                          case "${srcdir}" in
                          ".") newsrcdir=${srcdir} ;; # no -srcdir option.  We're building in place.
!                         /*) # absolute path
!                                 newsrcdir=${srcdir}/${cfg_dir}
!                                 srcdiroption="--srcdir=${newsrcdir}"
!                                 ;;
!                         ?:*) # absolute path on win32
                                  newsrcdir=${srcdir}/${cfg_dir}
                                  srcdiroption="--srcdir=${newsrcdir}"
                                  ;;
*************** if [ -z "${norecursion}" ] && [ -n "${co
*** 1569,1575 ****
  			case "${cache_file}" in
  			"") # empty
  				;;
! 			/* | [A-Za-z]:[\\/]* ) # absolute path
  				cache_file_option="--cache-file=${cache_file}"
  				;;
  			*) # relative path
--- 1567,1576 ----
  			case "${cache_file}" in
  			"") # empty
  				;;
! 			/*) # absolute path
! 				cache_file_option="--cache-file=${cache_file}"
! 				;;
! 			?:*) # absolute path on win32
  				cache_file_option="--cache-file=${cache_file}"
  				;;
  			*) # relative path
*************** if [ -z "${norecursion}" ] && [ -n "${co
*** 1582,1589 ****
                                  recprog=${newsrcdir}/configure
                          elif [ -f ${newsrcdir}/configure.in ] ; then
                                  case "${progname}" in
!                                 /* | [A-Za-z]:[\\/]* )  recprog=${progname} ;;
!                                 *)                      recprog=../${progname} ;;
                                  esac
  			else
  				eval echo No configuration information in ${cfg_dir} ${redirect}
--- 1583,1591 ----
*************** fi
*** 1609,1615 ****

  # Perform the same cleanup as the trap handler, minus the "exit 1" of course,
  # and reset the trap handler.
! rm -rf ${tmpdir}
  trap 0

  exit 0
--- 1611,1617 ----

  # Perform the same cleanup as the trap handler, minus the "exit 1" of course,
  # and reset the trap handler.
! rm -f ${tmpfile}.com ${tmpfile}.tgt ${tmpfile}.hst ${tmpfile}.pos
  trap 0

  exit 0
*** gcc/./configure.in	Wed Nov 28 09:17:44 2001
--- ../src/src/./configure.in	Wed Nov 28 20:55:01 2001
***************
*** 14,21 ****
  ## For more information on these two systems, check out the documentation
  ## for 'Autoconf' (autoconf.texi) and 'Configure' (configure.texi).

! #   Copyright (C) 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998,
! #   1999, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
  #
--- 14,20 ----
  ## For more information on these two systems, check out the documentation
  ## for 'Autoconf' (autoconf.texi) and 'Configure' (configure.texi).

! #   Copyright (C) 1992-99, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
  #
  # This file is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
  # under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
***************
*** 42,68 ****

  # these libraries are used by various programs built for the host environment
  #
! host_libs="intl mmalloc libiberty opcodes bfd readline gash db tcl tk tcl8.1 tk8.1 tclX itcl tix libgui zlib"

  if [ "${enable_gdbgui}" = "yes" ] ; then
  	host_libs="${host_libs} libgui"
  fi

! libstdcxx_version="target-libstdc++-v3"
! # Don't use libstdc++-v3's flags to configure/build itself.
! libstdcxx_flags='`case $$dir in libstdc++-v3) ;; *) test ! -f $$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/testsuite_flags || $(SHELL) $$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/testsuite_flags --build-includes;; esac` -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src/.libs'

  # these tools are built for the host environment
  # Note, the powerpc-eabi build depends on sim occurring before gdb in order to
  # know that we are building the simulator.
! host_tools="texinfo byacc flex bison binutils ld gas gcc sim gdb make patch prms send-pr gprof gdbtest tgas etc expect dejagnu ash bash bzip2 m4 autoconf automake libtool ispell grep diff rcs cvssrc fileutils shellutils time textutils wdiff find emacs emacs19 uudecode hello tar gzip indent recode release sed utils guile perl apache inet gawk findutils snavigator libtool gettext zip fastjar"
!
! # libgcj represents the runtime libraries only used by gcj.
! libgcj="target-libffi \
! 	target-boehm-gc \
! 	target-zlib \
! 	target-qthreads \
! 	target-libjava"

  # these libraries are built for the target environment, and are built after
  # the host libraries and the host tools (which may be a cross compiler)
--- 41,66 ----

  # these libraries are used by various programs built for the host environment
  #
! host_libs="intl mmalloc libiberty opcodes bfd readline gash db tcl tk tcl8.1 tk8.1 tclX itcl tix libgui"

  if [ "${enable_gdbgui}" = "yes" ] ; then
  	host_libs="${host_libs} libgui"
  fi

! # Set up configure/Makefile variables if libstdc++-v3 is to be built.
! if [ "${enable_libstdcxx_v3}" = "yes" ] && test -d $srcdir/libstdc++-v3; then
!         libstdcxx_version="target-libstdc++-v3"
! 	# Don't use libstdc++-v3's flags to configure/build itself.
! 	libstdcxx_flags='`case $$dir in libstdc++-v3) ;; *) cat $$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++-v3/src/libstdc++.INC 2>/dev/null || : ;; esac` -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstd++-v3/src -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstd++-v3/src/.libs'
! else
!         libstdcxx_version="target-libio target-libstdc++"
!         libstdcxx_flags='-isystem $$s/libstdc++ -isystem $$s/libstdc++/std -isystem $$s/libstdc++/stl -isystem $$s/libio/ -isystem $$s/libio/stdio -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/libstdc++'
! fi

  # these tools are built for the host environment
  # Note, the powerpc-eabi build depends on sim occurring before gdb in order to
  # know that we are building the simulator.
! host_tools="texinfo byacc flex bison binutils ld gas gcc cgen sid sim gdb make patch prms send-pr gprof gdbtest tgas etc expect dejagnu ash bash bzip2 m4 autoconf automake libtool ispell grep diff rcs cvssrc fileutils shellutils time textutils wdiff find emacs emacs19 uudecode hello tar gzip indent recode release sed utils guile perl apache inet gawk findutils snavigator libtool gettext zip"

  # these libraries are built for the target environment, and are built after
  # the host libraries and the host tools (which may be a cross compiler)
*************** libgcj="target-libffi \
*** 70,80 ****
  target_libs="target-libiberty \
  		target-libgloss \
  		target-newlib \
- 		target-librx \
  		${libstdcxx_version} \
  		target-libf2c \
  		target-libchill \
! 		${libgcj}
  		target-libobjc"

  # these tools are built using the target libs, and are intended to run only
--- 68,81 ----
  target_libs="target-libiberty \
  		target-libgloss \
  		target-newlib \
  		${libstdcxx_version} \
  		target-libf2c \
  		target-libchill \
! 		target-libffi \
! 		target-libjava \
! 		target-zlib \
! 		target-boehm-gc \
! 		target-qthreads \
  		target-libobjc"

  # these tools are built using the target libs, and are intended to run only
*************** if false && [ "${host}" = "${target}" ]
*** 281,294 ****
    esac
  fi

- # hpux11 in 64bit mode has libraries in a weird place.  Arrange to find
- # them automatically.
- case "${host}" in
-   hppa*64*-*-hpux11*)
-     withoptions="$withoptions -x-libraries=/usr/lib/pa20_64 -x-includes=/usr/X11R6/include"
-     ;;
- esac
-
  case "${enable_shared}" in
    yes) shared=yes ;;
    no) shared=no ;;
--- 282,287 ----
*************** if [ x${shared} = xyes ]; then
*** 304,310 ****
      arm*-*-*)
        host_makefile_frag="${host_makefile_frag} config/mh-armpic"
        ;;
!     parisc*-*-* | hppa*-*-*)
        host_makefile_frag="${host_makefile_frag} config/mh-papic"
        ;;
      i[3456]86-*-cygwin*)
--- 297,303 ----
      arm*-*-*)
        host_makefile_frag="${host_makefile_frag} config/mh-armpic"
        ;;
!     hppa*-*-*)
        host_makefile_frag="${host_makefile_frag} config/mh-papic"
        ;;
      i[3456]86-*-cygwin*)
*************** if [ x${shared} = xyes ]; then
*** 328,333 ****
--- 321,329 ----
      powerpc*-*-*)
        host_makefile_frag="${host_makefile_frag} config/mh-ppcpic"
        ;;
+     s390-* | s390x-*)
+       host_makefile_frag="${host_makefile_frag} config/mh-s390pic"
+       ;;
      *-*-*)
        if test -f ${srcdir}/config/mh-${host_cpu}pic; then
          host_makefile_frag="${host_makefile_frag} config/mh-${host_cpu}pic"
*************** case "${target}" in
*** 357,370 ****
    powerpc-*-netware*)
      target_makefile_frag="${target_makefile_frag} config/mt-netware"
      ;;
!   alpha*-*-linux*)
!     target_makefile_frag="${target_makefile_frag} config/mt-linux"
!     target_makefile_frag="${target_makefile_frag} config/mt-alphaieee"
!     ;;
!   alpha*-*-*)
!     target_makefile_frag="${target_makefile_frag} config/mt-alphaieee"
!     ;;
!   *-*-linux*)
      target_makefile_frag="${target_makefile_frag} config/mt-linux"
      ;;
    *-*-aix4.[3456789]* | *-*-aix[56789].*)
--- 353,359 ----
    powerpc-*-netware*)
      target_makefile_frag="${target_makefile_frag} config/mt-netware"
      ;;
!   *-*-linux-gnu*)
      target_makefile_frag="${target_makefile_frag} config/mt-linux"
      ;;
    *-*-aix4.[3456789]* | *-*-aix[56789].*)
*************** esac
*** 567,580 ****
  noconfigdirs=""

  case "${host}" in
-   hppa*64*-*-*)
-     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs byacc"
-     ;;
    i[3456]86-*-vsta)
      noconfigdirs="tcl expect dejagnu make texinfo bison patch flex byacc send-pr gprof uudecode dejagnu diff guile perl apache inet itcl tix db snavigator gnuserv gettext"
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-go32* | i[3456]86-*-msdosdjgpp*)
!     noconfigdirs="tcl tk expect dejagnu send-pr uudecode guile apache inet itcl tix db snavigator gnuserv libffi"
  	;;
    i[3456]86-*-mingw32*)
      # noconfigdirs="tcl tk expect dejagnu make texinfo bison patch flex byacc send-pr uudecode dejagnu diff guile perl apache inet itcl tix db snavigator gnuserv"
--- 556,566 ----
  noconfigdirs=""

  case "${host}" in
    i[3456]86-*-vsta)
      noconfigdirs="tcl expect dejagnu make texinfo bison patch flex byacc send-pr gprof uudecode dejagnu diff guile perl apache inet itcl tix db snavigator gnuserv gettext"
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-go32* | i[3456]86-*-msdosdjgpp*)
!     noconfigdirs="tcl tk expect dejagnu make texinfo bison patch flex byacc send-pr uudecode dejagnu diff guile perl apache inet itcl tix db snavigator gnuserv gettext libffi"
  	;;
    i[3456]86-*-mingw32*)
      # noconfigdirs="tcl tk expect dejagnu make texinfo bison patch flex byacc send-pr uudecode dejagnu diff guile perl apache inet itcl tix db snavigator gnuserv"
*************** case "${host}" in
*** 597,602 ****
--- 583,589 ----
      ;;
  esac

+
  # Save it here so that, even in case of --enable-libgcj, if the Java
  # front-end isn't enabled, we still get libgcj disabled.
  libgcj_saved=$libgcj
*************** no)
*** 614,658 ****
  esac

  case "${target}" in
-   *-*-chorusos)
-     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-newlib target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
-     ;;
    *-*-netware)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libstdcxx_version} target-librx target-newlib target-libiberty target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    *-*-rtems*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    *-*-vxworks*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-newlib target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    alpha*-dec-osf*)
      # ld works, but does not support shared libraries.  emacs doesn't
      # work.  newlib is not 64 bit ready.  I'm not sure about fileutils.
      # gas doesn't generate exception information.
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gas ld emacs fileutils target-newlib target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    alpha*-*-*vms*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gdb ld target-newlib target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
!     ;;
!   alpha*-*-linux*)
!     # newlib is not 64 bit ready
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-newlib target-libgloss"
!     # linux has rx in libc
!     skipdirs="$skipdirs target-librx"
      ;;
    alpha*-*-*)
      # newlib is not 64 bit ready
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-newlib target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
-   sh-*-linux*)
-     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libgcj} target-newlib target-libgloss"
-     # linux has rx in libc
-     skipdirs="$skipdirs target-librx"
-     ;;
    sh*-*-pe|mips*-*-pe|*arm-wince-pe)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libgcj}"
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-examples"
      noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libiberty texinfo send-pr"
      noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs tcl tix tk itcl libgui sim"
      noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs expect dejagnu"
--- 601,631 ----
  esac

  case "${target}" in
    *-*-netware)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libstdcxx_version} target-newlib target-libiberty target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    *-*-rtems*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    *-*-vxworks*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-newlib target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    alpha*-dec-osf*)
      # ld works, but does not support shared libraries.  emacs doesn't
      # work.  newlib is not 64 bit ready.  I'm not sure about fileutils.
      # gas doesn't generate exception information.
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gas ld emacs fileutils target-newlib target-libgloss"
      ;;
    alpha*-*-*vms*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gdb ld target-newlib target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    alpha*-*-*)
      # newlib is not 64 bit ready
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-newlib target-libgloss"
      ;;
    sh*-*-pe|mips*-*-pe|*arm-wince-pe)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libjava target-libffi target-zlib"
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-boehm-gc target-qthreads target-examples"
      noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libiberty texinfo send-pr"
      noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs tcl tix tk itcl libgui sim"
      noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs expect dejagnu"
*************** case "${target}" in
*** 666,766 ****
      esac
      ;;
    arc-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    arm-*-pe*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    arm-*-coff*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
    arm-*-elf*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
    arm-*-oabi*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
!     ;;
!   c4x-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libstdcxx_version} target-librx target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
!     ;;
!   c54x*-*-* | tic54x-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libstdcxx_version} target-libgloss ${libgcj} gcc gdb newlib"
      ;;
    thumb-*-coff)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    thumb-*-elf)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    thumb-*-oabi)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    strongarm-*-elf)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
    strongarm-*-coff)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
    xscale-*-elf)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
    xscale-*-coff)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
    thumb-*-pe)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    arm-*-riscix*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ld target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
!   cris-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    d10v-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-librx ${libstdcxx_version} target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    d30v-*-*)
-     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    fr30-*-elf*)
-     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libgcj}"
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-libstub target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
!   h8300*-*-* | \
!   h8500-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libstdcxx_version} target-librx target-libgloss ${libgcj} target-libf2c"
      ;;
!   hppa*64*-*-linux* | parisc*64*-*-linux*)
!     # In this case, it's because the hppa64-linux target is for
!     # the kernel only at this point and has no libc, and thus no
!     # headers, crt*.o, etc., all of which are needed by these.
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-zlib"
      ;;
    hppa*-*-*elf* | \
!   parisc*-*-linux* | hppa*-*-linux* | \
    hppa*-*-lites* | \
    hppa*64*-*-*)
-     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libgcj}"
      # Do configure ld/binutils/gas for this case.
      ;;
    hppa*-*-*)
--- 639,729 ----
      esac
      ;;
    arc-*-*)
[...]
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ld target-libgloss target-libffi"
!     ;;
!   c4x-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libstdcxx_version} target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
!   c54x*-*-* | tic54x-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libstdcxx_version} target-libgloss target-libffi gcc gdb newlib"
      ;;
    d10v-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libstdcxx_version} target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    d30v-*-*)
      ;;
    fr30-*-elf*)
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-libstub target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
!   h8300*-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss"
      ;;
!   h8500-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libstdcxx_version} target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    hppa*-*-*elf* | \
!   hppa*-*-linux-gnu* | \
    hppa*-*-lites* | \
    hppa*64*-*-*)
      # Do configure ld/binutils/gas for this case.
      ;;
    hppa*-*-*)
*************** case "${target}" in
*** 780,794 ****
      noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs tix readline mmalloc libgui itcl gdb"
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-coff | i[3456]86-*-elf)
-     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libgcj}"
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
           target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-libstub target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
!   *-*-linux*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-newlib target-libgloss"
!     # linux has rx in libc
!     skipdirs="$skipdirs target-librx"
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-mingw32*)
      target_configdirs="$target_configdirs target-mingw"
--- 743,755 ----
      noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs tix readline mmalloc libgui itcl gdb"
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-coff | i[3456]86-*-elf)
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
           target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-libstub target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
!   i[3456]86-*-go32* | i[3456]-*-msdosdjgpp*)
!     # but don't build gdb
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gdb ${libstdcxx_version} target-libffi"
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-mingw32*)
      target_configdirs="$target_configdirs target-mingw"
*************** case "${target}" in
*** 815,829 ****
      esac
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-pe)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libstdcxx_version} target-librx target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-sco3.2v5*)
      # The linker does not yet know about weak symbols in COFF,
      # and is not configured to handle mixed ELF and COFF.
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ld target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-sco*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-solaris2*)
      noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss"
--- 776,790 ----
      esac
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-pe)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libstdcxx_version} target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-sco3.2v5*)
      # The linker does not yet know about weak symbols in COFF,
      # and is not configured to handle mixed ELF and COFF.
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ld target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-sco*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-solaris2*)
      noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss"
*************** case "${target}" in
*** 835,925 ****
          *) ;;
      esac
      # but that's okay since emacs doesn't work anyway
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs emacs emacs19 target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-beos*)
       noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gdb target-newlib target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
       ;;
!   m68hc11-*-*|m6811-*-*|m68hc12-*-*|m6812-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libiberty ${libstdcxx_version} ${libgcj}"
      ;;
!   m68k-*-elf*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libgcj}"
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
    m68k-*-coff*)
[...]
    powerpc-*-aix*)
      # copied from rs6000-*-* entry
!     # The configure and build of ld are currently disabled because
!     # GNU ld is known to be broken for AIX 4.2 and 4.3 (at least)
!     # The symptom is that GDBtk 4.18 fails at startup with a segfault
!     # if linked by GNU ld, but not if linked by the native ld.
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof cvssrc target-libgloss ${libgcj} ld"
!     use_gnu_ld=no
      ;;
    powerpc*-*-winnt* | powerpc*-*-pe* | ppc*-*-pe)
      target_configdirs="$target_configdirs target-winsup"
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gdb tcl tk make expect target-libgloss itcl tix db snavigator gnuserv ${libgcj}"
      # always build newlib.
      skipdirs=`echo " ${skipdirs} " | sed -e 's/ target-newlib / /'`
      ;;
      # This is temporary until we can link against shared libraries
    powerpcle-*-solaris*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gdb sim make tcl tk expect itcl tix db snavigator gnuserv ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    powerpc-*-beos*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gdb target-newlib target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    powerpc-*-eabi)
-     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libgcj}"
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-libstub target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
    rs6000-*-lynxos*)
      # The CVS server code doesn't work on the RS/6000
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-newlib gprof cvssrc ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    rs6000-*-aix*)
!     # The configure and build of ld are currently disabled because
!     # GNU ld is known to be broken for AIX 4.2 and 4.3 (at least)
!     # The symptom is that GDBtk 4.18 fails at startup with a segfault
!     # if linked by GNU ld, but not if linked by the native ld.
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof ld ${libgcj}"
!     use_gnu_ld=no
      ;;
    rs6000-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    m68k-apollo-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ld binutils gprof target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    mips*-*-irix5*)
      # The GNU linker does not support shared libraries.
      # emacs is emacs 18, which does not work on Irix 5 (emacs19 does work)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ld gprof emacs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    mips*-*-irix6*)
      # The GNU assembler does not support IRIX 6.
--- 796,871 ----
          *) ;;
      esac
      # but that's okay since emacs doesn't work anyway
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs emacs emacs19 target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    i[3456]86-*-beos*)
       noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gdb target-newlib target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
       ;;
!  m68hc11-*-*|m6811-*-*|m68hc12-*-*|m6812-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libiberty target-librx target-libg++ target-libstdc++ target-libio target-libf2c target-libchill target-zlib target-libobjc"
      ;;
!  m68k-*-elf*)
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
    m68k-*-coff*)
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
    mn10200-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libffi"
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-libstub target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
    mn10300-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libffi"
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-libstub target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
    powerpc-*-aix*)
      # copied from rs6000-*-* entry
!     use_gnu_ld=yes
      ;;
    powerpc*-*-winnt* | powerpc*-*-pe* | ppc*-*-pe)
      target_configdirs="$target_configdirs target-winsup"
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gdb tcl tk make expect target-libgloss itcl tix db snavigator gnuserv target-libffi"
      # always build newlib.
      skipdirs=`echo " ${skipdirs} " | sed -e 's/ target-newlib / /'`
      ;;
      # This is temporary until we can link against shared libraries
    powerpcle-*-solaris*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gdb sim make tcl tk expect itcl tix db snavigator gnuserv target-libffi"
      ;;
    powerpc-*-beos*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gdb target-newlib target-libgloss"
      ;;
    powerpc-*-eabi)
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-libstub target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
    rs6000-*-lynxos*)
      # The CVS server code doesn't work on the RS/6000
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-newlib gprof cvssrc target-libffi"
      ;;
    rs6000-*-aix*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof target-libffi"
!     use_gnu_ld=yes
      ;;
    rs6000-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof target-libffi"
      ;;
    m68k-apollo-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ld binutils gprof target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    mips*-*-irix5*)
      # The GNU linker does not support shared libraries.
      # emacs is emacs 18, which does not work on Irix 5 (emacs19 does work)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ld gprof emacs target-libgloss"
      ;;
    mips*-*-irix6*)
      # The GNU assembler does not support IRIX 6.
*************** case "${target}" in
*** 931,950 ****
      noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gas gprof emacs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    mips*-dec-bsd*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    mips*-*-bsd*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    mipstx39-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof ${libgcj}"   # same as generic mips
      target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-libstub target-cygmon"
     ;;
    mips*-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    romp-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs bfd binutils ld gas opcodes target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    sh-*-*)
      case "${host}" in
--- 877,896 ----
      noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gas gprof emacs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    mips*-dec-bsd*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    mips*-*-bsd*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    mipstx39-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof target-libffi"   # same as generic mips
      target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-libstub target-cygmon"
     ;;
    mips*-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gprof target-libffi"
      ;;
    romp-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs bfd binutils ld gas opcodes target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    sh-*-*)
      case "${host}" in
*************** case "${target}" in
*** 953,959 ****
        i[3456]86-*-msdosdjgpp*) ;; # don't add gprof back in
        *) skipdirs=`echo " ${skipdirs} " | sed -e 's/ gprof / /'` ;;
      esac
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    sparc-*-elf*)
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
--- 899,905 ----
*** 964,978 ****
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-libstub target-cygmon"
      fi
      ;;
    sparclite-*-*)
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-libstub target-cygmon"
      fi
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    sparc-*-sunos4*)
-     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libgcj}"
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
             noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gdb gdbtest target-newlib target-libgloss"
      else
--- 910,924 ----
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-libstub target-cygmon"
      fi
+     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libffi"
      ;;
    sparclite-*-*)
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
  	   target_configdirs="${target_configdirs} target-bsp target-libstub target-cygmon"
      fi
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libffi"
      ;;
    sparc-*-sunos4*)
      if [ x${is_cross_compiler} != xno ] ; then
             noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs gdb gdbtest target-newlib target-libgloss"
      else
*************** case "${target}" in
*** 991,1025 ****
      esac
      ;;
    v810-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs bfd binutils gas gcc gdb ld ${libstdcxx_version} opcodes target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    v850-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    v850e-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    v850ea-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    vax-*-vms)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs bfd binutils gdb ld target-newlib opcodes target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    vax-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-newlib target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    *-*-lynxos*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-newlib target-libgloss ${libgcj}"
      ;;
    *-*-macos* | \
    *-*-mpw*)
      # Macs want a resource compiler.
      configdirs="$configdirs grez"
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libgcj}"
      ;;
-   *-*-*)
-     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs ${libgcj}"
-     ;;
  esac

  # If we aren't building newlib, then don't build libgloss, since libgloss
--- 937,968 ----
      esac
      ;;
    v810-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs bfd binutils gas gcc gdb ld ${libstdcxx_version} opcodes target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    v850-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    v850e-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    v850ea-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    vax-*-vms)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs bfd binutils gdb ld target-newlib opcodes target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    vax-*-*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-newlib target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    *-*-lynxos*)
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-newlib target-libgloss target-libffi"
      ;;
    *-*-macos* | \
    *-*-mpw*)
      # Macs want a resource compiler.
      configdirs="$configdirs grez"
!     noconfigdirs="$noconfigdirs target-libffi"
      ;;
  esac

  # If we aren't building newlib, then don't build libgloss, since libgloss
*************** else
*** 1063,1100 ****
  fi
  enable_languages=`echo "${enable_languages}" | sed -e 's/[ 	,][ 	,]*/,/g' -e 's/,$//'`

- # First scan to see if an enabled language requires some other language.
- # We assume that a given config-lang.in will list all the language
- # front ends it requires, even if some are required indirectly.
- for lang in ${srcdir}/gcc/*/config-lang.in ..
- do
-    case $lang in
-     ..)
-        ;;
-     # The odd quoting in the next line works around
-     # an apparent bug in bash 1.12 on linux.
-     ${srcdir}/gcc/[*]/config-lang.in)
-        ;;
-     *)
-        lang_alias=`sed -n -e 's,^language=['"'"'"'"]\(.*\)["'"'"'"'].*$,\1,p' -e 's,^language=\([^ 	]*\).*$,\1,p' $lang`
-        this_lang_requires=`sed -n -e 's,^lang_requires=['"'"'"'"]\(.*\)["'"'"'"'].*$,\1,p' -e 's,^lang_requires=\([^ 	]*\).*$,\1,p' $lang`
-        for other in $this_lang_requires
-        do
- 	  case ,${enable_languages}, in
- 	   *,$other,*)
- 	      ;;
- 	   *,all,*)
- 	      ;;
- 	   *,$lang_alias,*)
- 	      echo " \`$other' language required by \`$lang_alias'; enabling" 1>&2
- 	      enable_languages="$enable_languages,$other"
- 	      ;;
- 	  esac
-        done
-        ;;
-    esac
- done
-
  subdirs=
  for lang in ${srcdir}/gcc/*/config-lang.in ..
  do
--- 1006,1011 ----
*************** do
*** 1106,1112 ****
  	*)
  	  lang_alias=`sed -n -e 's,^language=['"'"'"'"]\(.*\)["'"'"'"'].*$,\1,p' -e 's,^language=\([^ 	]*\).*$,\1,p' $lang`
  	  this_lang_libs=`sed -n -e 's,^target_libs=['"'"'"'"]\(.*\)["'"'"'"'].*$,\1,p' -e 's,^target_libs=\([^ 	]*\).*$,\1,p' $lang`
- 	  this_lang_dirs=`sed -n -e 's,^lang_dirs=['"'"'"'"]\(.*\)["'"'"'"'].*$,\1,p' -e 's,^lang_dirs=\([^ 	]*\).*$,\1,p' $lang`
  	  build_by_default=`sed -n -e 's,^build_by_default=['"'"'"'"]\(.*\)["'"'"'"'].*$,\1,p' -e 's,^build_by_default=\([^ 	]*\).*$,\1,p' $lang`
  	  if test "x$lang_alias" = x
  	  then
--- 1017,1022 ----
*************** do
*** 1122,1133 ****
  	  if test x"${add_this_lang}" = xyes; then
  	      eval target_libs='"$target_libs "'\"$this_lang_libs\"
  	  else
! 	      eval noconfigdirs='"$noconfigdirs "'\"$this_lang_libs $this_lang_dirs\"
  	  fi
  	  ;;
  	esac
  done

  # Remove the entries in $skipdirs and $noconfigdirs from $configdirs and
  # $target_configdirs.
  # If we have the source for $noconfigdirs entries, add them to $notsupp.
--- 1032,1044 ----
  	  if test x"${add_this_lang}" = xyes; then
  	      eval target_libs='"$target_libs "'\"$this_lang_libs\"
  	  else
! 	      eval noconfigdirs='"$noconfigdirs "'\"$this_lang_libs\"
  	  fi
  	  ;;
  	esac
  done

+
  # Remove the entries in $skipdirs and $noconfigdirs from $configdirs and
  # $target_configdirs.
  # If we have the source for $noconfigdirs entries, add them to $notsupp.
*************** fi
*** 1262,1268 ****

  if [ x${shared} = xyes ]; then
    case "${target}" in
!     hppa* | parisc*)
        target_makefile_frag="${target_makefile_frag} config/mt-papic"
        ;;
      i[3456]86-*)
--- 1173,1179 ----

  if [ x${shared} = xyes ]; then
    case "${target}" in
!     hppa*)
        target_makefile_frag="${target_makefile_frag} config/mt-papic"
        ;;
      i[3456]86-*)
*************** rm -f conftest*
*** 1319,1325 ****
  case "${host}" in
    sparc-sun-solaris2*)
        CCBASE="`echo ${CC-cc} | sed 's/ .*$//'`"
!       if [ "`type $CCBASE | sed 's/^[^/]*//'`" = "/usr/ucb/cc" ] ; then
            could_use=
            [ -d /opt/SUNWspro/bin ] && could_use="/opt/SUNWspro/bin"
            if [ -d /opt/cygnus/bin ] ; then
--- 1230,1236 ----
  case "${host}" in
    sparc-sun-solaris2*)
        CCBASE="`echo ${CC-cc} | sed 's/ .*$//'`"
!       if [ "`type $CCBASE | sed 's/^[^/]*//'`" = "/usr/ucb/cc" ] ; then
            could_use=
            [ -d /opt/SUNWspro/bin ] && could_use="/opt/SUNWspro/bin"
            if [ -d /opt/cygnus/bin ] ; then
*************** targargs="--cache-file=../config.cache -
*** 1401,1407 ****

  # provide a proper gxx_include_dir.
  # Note, if you change the default, make sure to fix both here and in
! # the gcc and libstdc++-v3 subdirectories.
  # Check whether --with-gxx-include-dir or --without-gxx-include-dir was given.
  gxx_include_dir=
  if test -n "${with_gxx_include_dir}"; then
--- 1312,1318 ----

  # provide a proper gxx_include_dir.
  # Note, if you change the default, make sure to fix both here and in
! # the gcc, libio, and libstdc++ subdirectories.
  # Check whether --with-gxx-include-dir or --without-gxx-include-dir was given.
  gxx_include_dir=
  if test -n "${with_gxx_include_dir}"; then
*************** if test x${gxx_include_dir} = x; then
*** 1422,1428 ****
      gxx_include_dir='${libsubdir}/include/g++'
    else
      . ${topsrcdir}/config.if
!     gxx_include_dir='${prefix}/include/${libstdcxx_incdir}'
    fi
  else
    gxx_include_dir=${gxx_include_dir}
--- 1333,1339 ----
      gxx_include_dir='${libsubdir}/include/g++'
    else
      . ${topsrcdir}/config.if
!     gxx_include_dir='${prefix}/include/g++'-${libstdcxx_interface}
    fi
  else
    gxx_include_dir=${gxx_include_dir}
*************** FLAGS_FOR_TARGET=
*** 1432,1441 ****
  case " $skipdirs " in
  *" target-newlib "*) ;;
  *)
-  case " $target_configdirs " in
-  *" newlib "*)
-   case " $targargs " in
-   *" --with-newlib "*)
     case "$target" in
     *-cygwin*)
       FLAGS_FOR_TARGET=$FLAGS_FOR_TARGET' -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/winsup -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/winsup/cygwin -L$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/winsup/w32api/lib -isystem $$s/winsup/include -isystem $$s/winsup/cygwin/include -isystem $$s/winsup/w32api/include -isystem $$s/newlib/libc/sys/cygwin -isystem $$s/newlib/libc/sys/cygwin32' ;;
--- 1343,1348 ----
*************** case " $skipdirs " in
*** 1469,1478 ****
     # switch).
     FLAGS_FOR_TARGET=$FLAGS_FOR_TARGET' -B$$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/newlib/ -isystem $$r/$(TARGET_SUBDIR)/newlib/targ-include -isystem $$s/newlib/libc/include'
     ;;
-   esac
-   ;;
-  esac
-  ;;
  esac

  # On Canadian crosses, we'll be searching the right directories for
--- 1376,1381 ----
*************** case $CHILL_FOR_TARGET in
*** 1521,1536 ****
  *) CHILL_FOR_TARGET=$CHILL_FOR_TARGET' $(FLAGS_FOR_TARGET)' ;;
  esac

- if test "x${GCJ_FOR_TARGET+set}" = xset; then
-   :
- elif test -d ${topsrcdir}/gcc; then
-   GCJ_FOR_TARGET='$$r/gcc/gcj -B$$r/gcc/'
- elif test "$host" = "$target"; then
-   GCJ_FOR_TARGET='gcj'
- else
-   GCJ_FOR_TARGET=`echo gcj | sed -e 's/x/x/' ${program_transform_name}`
- fi
-
  if test "x${CXX_FOR_TARGET+set}" = xset; then
    :
  elif test -d ${topsrcdir}/gcc; then
--- 1424,1429 ----
*************** sed -e "s:^TARGET_CONFIGDIRS[ 	]*=.*$:TA
*** 1559,1565 ****
      -e "s%^FLAGS_FOR_TARGET[ 	]*=.*$%FLAGS_FOR_TARGET = ${FLAGS_FOR_TARGET}%" \
      -e "s%^CC_FOR_TARGET[ 	]*=.*$%CC_FOR_TARGET = ${CC_FOR_TARGET}%" \
      -e "s%^CHILL_FOR_TARGET[ 	]*=.*$%CHILL_FOR_TARGET = ${CHILL_FOR_TARGET}%" \
-     -e "s%^GCJ_FOR_TARGET[      ]*=.*$%GCJ_FOR_TARGET = ${GCJ_FOR_TARGET}%" \
      -e "s%^CXX_FOR_TARGET[ 	]*=.*$%CXX_FOR_TARGET = ${qCXX_FOR_TARGET}%" \
      -e "s%^CXX_FOR_TARGET_FOR_RECURSIVE_MAKE[ 	]*=.*$%CXX_FOR_TARGET_FOR_RECURSIVE_MAKE = ${qqCXX_FOR_TARGET}%" \
      -e "s%^TARGET_SUBDIR[ 	]*=.*$%TARGET_SUBDIR = ${target_subdir}%" \
--- 1452,1457 ----
*** gcc/./symlink-tree	Sat Dec  9 17:06:19 2000
--- ../src/src/./symlink-tree	Fri Jul  7 15:21:39 2000
*************** ignore_additional=". .. CVS"
*** 20,32 ****
  # If we were invoked with a relative path name, adjust ${prog} to work
  # in subdirs.
  case ${prog} in
! /* | [A-Za-z]:[\\/]*) ;;
  *) prog=../${prog} ;;
  esac

  # Set newsrcdir to something subdirectories can use.
  case ${srcdir} in
! /* | [A-Za-z]:[\\/]*) newsrcdir=${srcdir} ;;
  *) newsrcdir=../${srcdir} ;;
  esac

--- 20,32 ----
  # If we were invoked with a relative path name, adjust ${prog} to work
  # in subdirs.
  case ${prog} in
! /*) ;;
  *) prog=../${prog} ;;
  esac

  # Set newsrcdir to something subdirectories can use.
  case ${srcdir} in
! /*) newsrcdir=${srcdir} ;;
  *) newsrcdir=../${srcdir} ;;
  esac

*** gcc/./config/acinclude.m4	Mon Oct  8 19:27:44 2001
--- ../src/src/./config/acinclude.m4	Tue Jun 27 23:50:33 2000
*************** AC_DEFUN(CYG_AC_PATH_TKH, [
*** 1071,1077 ****
  # Note the gross little conversion here of srcdir by cd'ing to the found
  # directory. This converts the path from a relative to an absolute, so
  # recursive cache variables for the path will work right. We check all
! # the possible paths in one loop rather than many separate loops to speed
  # things up.
  # the alternative search directory is involked by --with-tkinclude
  #
--- 1071,1077 ----
  # Note the gross little conversion here of srcdir by cd'ing to the found
  # directory. This converts the path from a relative to an absolute, so
  # recursive cache variables for the path will work right. We check all
! # the possible paths in one loop rather than many seperate loops to speed
  # things up.
  # the alternative search directory is involked by --with-tkinclude
  #
*** gcc/./config/mh-djgpp	Tue Jan  2 16:46:33 2001
--- ../src/src/./config/mh-djgpp	Mon May  3 09:29:06 1999
***************
*** 1,14 ****
! # Shorten the target alias so when it is used to set 'libsubdir'
! # the name will work in both short and long filename environments.
! ifeq ($(findstring -pc-msdosdjgpp,$(target_alias)),-pc-msdosdjgpp)
! target_alias=djgpp
! endif
!
! # The version string must be modified to contain just one dot
! # because DOS filenames can only have one dot when long filenames
! # are not available.
! __version:=$(gcc_version)
! __version:=$(subst ., ,$(__version))
! ifeq ($(words $(__version)),3)
! gcc_version=$(word 1,$(__version)).$(word 2,$(__version))$(word 3,$(__version))
! endif
--- 1,4 ----
! # We don't want to use debugging information on DOS.  Unfortunately,
! # this requires that we set CFLAGS.
! # This used to set -fno-omit-frame-pointer.
! CFLAGS=-O2
*** gcc/./config/mt-aix43	Tue Sep 26 21:57:08 2000
--- ../src/src/./config/mt-aix43	Wed Jan 12 19:56:45 2000
***************
*** 1,4 ****
  # AIX 4.3 and above requires -X32_64 flag to all ar and nm commands
  # to handle both 32-bit and 64-bit objects.
  AR_FOR_TARGET=ar -X32_64
! NM_FOR_TARGET=nm -B -X32_64
--- 1,4 ----
  # AIX 4.3 and above requires -X32_64 flag to all ar and nm commands
  # to handle both 32-bit and 64-bit objects.
  AR_FOR_TARGET=ar -X32_64
! NM_FOR_TARGET=nm -X32_64
*** gcc/./config/mt-linux	Tue May 22 03:17:23 2001
--- ../src/src/./config/mt-linux	Mon May  3 09:29:06 1999
***************
*** 1 ****
! CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET = $(CXXFLAGS) -D_GNU_SOURCE
--- 1,2 ----
! # When using glibc 2 on Linux we must always use vtable thunks.
! CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET = $(CXXFLAGS) -fvtable-thunks -D_GNU_SOURCE

* Re: auto-sync of top-level 'include' & 'config' directories?
@ 2001-12-03  8:59 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2001-12-03  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guerby; +Cc: gcc

Some of the files aren't candidates for mirroring, such as MAINTAINERS
and README, since they're project specific.

Some of the files are mastered elsewhere and shouldn't need to be
mirrored; just update the other repository as needed, such as
config.guess.

The config/make files could probably be mirrored.  There was no
consensus on which side should be the master, though, although there
really wasn't much discussion on the topic.

I think the thing to think about first is getting them in sync.  Once
in sync, *keeping* them in sync is an easier problem.

* Re: auto-sync of top-level 'include' & 'config' directories?
@ 2001-12-03 11:41   ` guerby
From: guerby @ 2001-12-03 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc

I don't know what list to contact to relaunch the discussion on what
copy of shared file should be the master, feel free to forward
extracts of my patches.

As for the "shared" directories: config from gcc has mt-alphaieee,
config from src has mt-s390pic and mh-s390pic, and include from src has
184 more files than gcc.

If there are no strong feelings, what about gcc being the config
master and src the include master, with a README.COMMON stating:

- patches to include and config must be sent to both xxx-patches
  mailing lists

- approval by an authorized person on one of the projects is enough to
  commit, if not urgent or new, both approval being better but not
  required so patches do not stay stuck forever

- if there's a problem or conflict about a patch, assume that it can
  be resolved afterwards by talking

- a bot does the sync every hour or so or automatically at commit

- if there's a lasting conflict, the bot is extended with code to read
  gcc/do-not-want-from-src.txt and src/do-not-want-from-gcc.txt and exclude
  appropriate files from auto-sync so that both project can endlessly flame
  each other

--

@ 2001-12-03 12:23     ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2001-12-03 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guerby; +Cc: gcc

> As for the "shared" directories: config from gcc has mt-alphaieee,
> config from src has mt-s390pic and mh-s390pic, and include from src has
> 184 more files than gcc.

Include is not a problem.  I've said that MANY times and it hasn't
sunk in yet.  The libiberty and include directories are already as
in-sync as they're going to get, and an auto-sync cron job keeps them
that way.

> If there are no strong feelings, what about gcc being the config
> master and src the include master, with a README.COMMON stating:

Include is not a problem.  GCC will remain the include master for the
files that are common (they're part of libiberty), and the files that
aren't common will remain only in src.

> - patches to include and config must be sent to both xxx-patches
>   mailing lists

There is no single mailing list for src.  I send to about five
separate project lists when I have a common patch for them, but
they've all pretty much agreed to let me handle the libiberty/include
merges the way I've been doing it.

> - approval by an authorized person on one of the projects is enough to
>   commit, if not urgent or new, both approval being better but not
>   required so patches do not stay stuck forever

This isn't needed.  I have suitable permissions on both sides to
handle the commits and merges myself, and there is already existing
policy in place about files mastered elsewhere (libtool,
config.guess).

> - if there's a problem or conflict about a patch, assume that it can
>   be resolved afterwards by talking

GCC already has procedures for resolving patch problems.  They apply
equally well to problems gcc causes in other projects.

> - a bot does the sync every hour or so or automatically at commit

No.  I review every patch before merging, because it's not safe to
truly auto-merge changes that way.

> - if there's a lasting conflict, the bot is extended with code to read
>   gcc/do-not-want-from-src.txt and src/do-not-want-from-gcc.txt and exclude
>   appropriate files from auto-sync so that both project can endlessly flame
>   each other

I'd rather see an inclusion list in the bot, rather than an exclusion
list, so that new things don't mysteriously appear on the other side.

* Re: auto-sync of top-level 'include' & 'config' directories?
@ 2001-12-03 12:40       ` guerby
From: guerby @ 2001-12-03 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc

> Include is not a problem.  I've said that MANY times and it hasn't
> sunk in yet.  The libiberty and include directories are already as
> in-sync as they're going to get, and an auto-sync cron job keeps them
> that way.

Okay sorry for my ignorance, I'm pretty new to all those projects and
their common and not-common aspects. To help people that will follow
the same path as me, could you put a README.GCC in include and/or
libiberty (or wherever is best) documenting the how and why of the
current situation?

That should take care of the "sunk in yet" for the people that haven't
followed in detail a dozen of GNU mailing lists for the past decade,
but that do bother reading documentation when it exists and not hidden
in a too remote directory :).

> > - a bot does the sync every hour or so or automatically at commit
>
> No.  I review every patch before merging, because it's not safe to
> truly auto-merge changes that way.

Okay so you're the bot :). What about the diff to non doc files I saw?
Should I submit a cleaned up patch, if so from what source to what
target and to what mailing lists? Or will you take care of that?

Thank you for your time,

--

@ 2001-12-03 12:49         ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2001-12-03 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guerby; +Cc: gcc

> Okay sorry for my ignorance, I'm pretty new to all those projects and
> their common and not-common aspects. To help people that will follow
> the same path as me, could you put a README.GCC in include and/or
> libiberty (or wherever is best) documenting the how and why of the
> current situation?

The current merges are all in the gcc->src direction, and it's
documented on the src side.

> Okay so you're the bot :)

Well, I have cron jobs, but I push the "go" button when they tell me
something is pending.

> What about the diff to non doc files I saw?  Should I submit a
> cleaned up patch, if so from what source to what target and to what
> mailing lists? Or will you take care of that?

It's a bit harder than that.  First, you have to choose the files to
merge and which to not merge.  You can't merge MAINTAINERS, for
example.  Merging Makefile/configure/configure.in would be useful.
Then, you have to read the ChangeLogs to see which changes came from
which sides, so you don't accidentally revert someone else's change.
Then, submit a patch for each side to add the relevent patches to the
other side, which brings them in sync by making sure they both have
all the patches.

Once a given file *is* in sync, let me know and I'll take it from
there.