From: <guerby@acm.org>
To: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: ACATS B tests
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 04:20:00 -0000	[thread overview]

<http://www.ada-auth.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ACATS/>
will give to anyone access to the ACATS sources from
web, tarballs are at
<http://www.adaic.org/compilers/acats/2.4/tars/>

I don't remember how the B tests are run at ACT (gnatchop, flags,
multi-file tests if any, big split list, etc...) but I remember it's
much more complicated than executable tests and requires maintainance
of a baseline. In particular, just testing that errors are reported on
lines flagged ERROR will not work for at least half of the tests,
if you bother to look at the first B test:

<http://www.ada-auth.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/ACATS/B2/B22001A.TST?rev=1.2>

Commiting the B tests as is in GCC CVS is of zero value given they are
readily available to anyone willing to spend more than one useful
second of actual work on it.

While waiting for someone volunteer to do the B test work instead of
just talking ("talk is cheap" as once said a famous participant of
this list :), I assume it is reasonable to proceed with the executable
part as discussed and so far agreed upon.

I'll upload a prototype tarball this weekend, I have a few hours of
work to do to properly match and package the current upstream ACATS
and write all the documentation I promised :).

--
Laurent Guerby <guerby@acm.org>