From: Joe Buck <jbuck@synopsys.COM>
To: pbarada@mail.wm.sps.mot.com (Peter Barada)
Cc: jbuck@synopsys.COM, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: GCC 3.0.3 Prelease problem on --target=m68k-elf
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:05:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Peter Barada:
> >> Unfortunately it doesn't produce correct code for -m5200 due to the
> >> "r" constraint in the following pattern in gcc/config/m68k/m68k.md:
> >>
> >> ;; Jump to variable address from dispatch table of relative addresses.
> >> (define_insn ""
> >>   [(set (pc)
> >> 	(plus:SI (pc)
> >> 		 (sign_extend:SI (match_operand:HI 0 "register_operand" "r"))))
> >>    (use (label_ref (match_operand 1 "" "")))]
> >>   ""

me:
> >Is this a regression with respect to 3.0.2, or 2.95.3?

Peter:
> Its a regression from 2.95.3, the same problem is in 3.0.2.

Then I don't think it should hold up the 3.0.3 release, since 3.0.3
is an improvement over 3.0.2.  But we do want to get it fixed.

> >Either way, it seems the thing to do is to file a bug report with GNATS
> >including a test case for which bad code generation occurs.
>
> Ok, how do I file a bug report with GNATS?  I'll have to cobble
> together a test case, but from inspection its obvious that the
> constraint is wrong.

Right, but a test case will be needed for the regression test that whoever
fixes the bug will have to create.

The simplest way is to fire up the "gccbug" program, it will walk you
through the process.  (The program is included in the distribution and is
installed when you do a make install).

There's also a web interface: click the GNATS link on http://gcc.gnu.org,
Then click the button for "Create Problem Report".