* Re: the continuing build problems I'm having
@ 2002-04-22 20:13 George.R.Goffe
From: George.R.Goffe @ 2002-04-22 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Howdy,

I'm trying to build snapshots and ultimately submit bug reports.
Unfortunately I'm continually having troubles building the snapshots and
other gnu type software due to what I would call a configure problem. Let
me explain. I have a solaris 2.8 system with an ld and as in /usr/ccs/bin,
/usr/local/bin (binutils pkg) and a third directory that's versioned for
the os (i.e., /usr/lsd/SunOS.5.8). Without removing all the ld/as pairs the
configure script seems to always find the /usr/ccs/bin ld/as which is NOT
what I want. Ideally, I would like to see configure take the --prefix= key
value as a HINT as to where to start looking for the "things" it needs. Is
this too much to ask? Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Regards,

George...

* Re: the continuing build problems I'm having
@ 2002-04-23 10:18 ` Janis Johnson
From: Janis Johnson @ 2002-04-23 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: George.R.Goffe; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 08:08:26PM -0700, George.R.Goffe@seagate.com wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> I'm trying to build snapshots and ultimately submit bug reports.
> Unfortunately I'm continually having troubles building the snapshots and
> other gnu type software due to what I would call a configure problem. Let
> me explain. I have a solaris 2.8 system with an ld and as in /usr/ccs/bin,
> /usr/local/bin (binutils pkg) and a third directory that's versioned for
> the os (i.e., /usr/lsd/SunOS.5.8). Without removing all the ld/as pairs the
> configure script seems to always find the /usr/ccs/bin ld/as which is NOT
> what I want. Ideally, I would like to see configure take the --prefix= key
> value as a HINT as to where to start looking for the "things" it needs. Is
> this too much to ask? Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

Are you using the configure options --with-gnu-as --with-as=<full pathname>
and the corresponding ld options?

Janis