* Question on connection queue
@ 2002-07-26  9:16 Chin Hai
From: Chin Hai @ 2002-07-26  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

  i am writing to seek for advise to see if anyway i
can limit the connection queue for a server listening
socket in linux platform. When calling listen on
socket, the backlog specified for Linux platform
doesn't matched with the number of incoming
connections. My understanding is there is a system
variable to do so (am i understand correctly?).

  what i need to do is, i want to limit incoming
connection to certain limit, eg, 5. The rest of client
connection will get ECONNREFUSED. How can i do that in
Linux? i means switch the limit in my application
without changing the system variable.

  any helps will be appreciated.

thanks,
chinhai

http://health.yahoo.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-07-26  3:57 UTC | newest]