* dyn-string and cxa_demangle
@ 2002-08-07 13:34 Matt Thomas
From: Matt Thomas @ 2002-08-07 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I've done a bootstap of gcc 3.3 (20020806) on NetBSD/macppc 1.6D.
That went fine.

However, programs linked against libstdc++.so.5 fail to run because
in libsupc++, dyn-string.o and cxa_demangle.o are not compiled -fpic
or -fPIC.  This causes libstdc++.so.5 to contain R_PPC_REL24 relocs
instead of R_PPC_PLTREL24 relocs which the NetBSD dynamic loader
can't deal with.

So the question is why these objects are not compiled PIC.

I have the entire build.log available if it would to figure why this
happens.

* Re: dyn-string and cxa_demangle
@ 2002-08-07 13:37 ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2002-08-07 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Thomas; +Cc: gcc

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 01:32:16PM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
> So the question is why these objects are not compiled PIC.

A fix was checked in earlier this morning, I believe.

Phil