* C++ ABI?
@ 2002-08-19  9:25 Tom Horsley
From: Tom Horsley @ 2002-08-19  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

OK, I give up! The gcc 3.2 release trumpets its compatibility with the
so-called C++ ABI, yet the http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.2/c++-abi.html web page
says ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about what the C++ ABI is, who defined it, where to
get a copy of it, how to read about it, etc.

I have never managed to turn up anything in any web search for this mythical
document other than references to its existance. The document itself seems
to be shrouded in absolute secrecy.

Help! Can anyone point me to this thing? Thanks.

* RE: C++ ABI?
@ 2002-08-19  9:46 Horsley Tom
From: Horsley Tom @ 2002-08-19  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Daniel Jacobowitz', Horsley Tom; +Cc: gcc

> gcc.gnu.org -> Further Readings -> The V3 multi-vendor standard ABI
>   http://www.codesourcery.com/cxx-abi/

OK, I've been there before, but everything I can see on that page
seems to be Itanium related. If there are pointers to architecture
neutral (or even IA32 specific) ABI info on that page,
I can't see it.

Perhaps I need to memorize everything that all the links point
at before the big picture becomes clear to me :-).