* Release schedule
@ 2002-09-25 11:53 Mark Mitchell
                   ` (10 more replies)
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2002-09-25 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I have been remiss in making announcements about the release schedule.

GCC 3.2.1 is scheduled for October 15.  I plan to close the branch on
October 1st, with subsequent changes coming only with my approval.  Are
there known regressions that we need to fix for GCC 3.2.1?  If so, please
mail PR numbers to me.

After GCC 3.2.1 goes out, we will branch for GCC 3.3.  Are there changes
that need to get in before we make that branch?

* RE: Release schedule
@ 2002-09-30 16:02 S. Bosscher
From: S. Bosscher @ 2002-09-30 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Mike Stump ', 'Steven Bosscher '
  Cc: 'David Edelsohn ', 'Mark Mitchell ',
	'Gerald Pfeifer ', 'gcc@gcc.gnu.org '

On Saturday, September 28, 2002, at 02:21 PM, Steven Bosscher wrote:
>>> 	Because of the overlap between releases and development, GCC
>>> developers are forced to make a choice
>>
>> Yes, and closing development branches in the weeks before branching
>> would "help" them make the choice ;-)
>
> Or it would drive them back underground, where they were in the past.

yeah yeah I know, this was meant to be sarcasm, note the smiley...

FWIW I am all *against* freezing dev branches. GCC developers are
volunteers, and taking away their fun projects is a bad thing.

Still I also think there are too many development projects right now, and I
also believe that it would be good to plan when these major improvements
should be finished, no matter how hard that may be in a project that depends
on the time of volunteers.

Greetz
Steven

* Re: Release schedule
@ 2002-09-28 13:06 Roger Sayle
From: Roger Sayle @ 2002-09-28 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I believe its safe to close high priority PR optimization/7147.
This problem was fixed both on gcc-3_2-branch and mainline by

2002-07-18  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

        PR optimization/7147
        * ifcvt.c (noce_get_condition): Make certain that the condition
        is valid at JUMP.

Roger
--
Roger Sayle,                         E-mail: roger@eyesopen.com