* very old versions of GCC...
@ 2002-10-01  5:54 tom potts
From: tom potts @ 2002-10-01  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I have been informed that some of the old versions of
GCC could be recursively compiled to run on 16bit
small memory systems. If this is true and you can
point me in the right direction I would love to be
able to to provide a compiler/linker/assembler etc
that would recursively run on ELKS
TIA
Tom Potts

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

* Re: very old versions of GCC...
@ 2002-10-01 11:03 ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2002-10-01 11:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tom potts; +Cc: gcc

> I have been informed that some of the old versions of
> GCC could be recursively compiled to run on 16bit
> small memory systems.

I believe that you have been misinformed.  Even the very first GCC
was too big for a 16-bit address space, even with separate data and
instruction address space, plus the compiler assumes (and always did)
that ints on the host have at least 32 bits.