* gcc documentation
@ 2002-10-01  1:55 Stephen Keane
From: Stephen Keane @ 2002-10-01  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I'm trying to download the gcc documentation, for offline browsing. Hence
the HTML source is no good, as it isn't available as a single compressed
source I can expand locally. The Postscript looks promising, but after
downloading it, I can't find anything to unzip it with. I've tried WinZip
and even downloaded gzip but neither recongnize it.

I am using Windows (98 and 2000) and using MinGW as the gcc compiler. Your
site does seem to be geared towards Unix/Linus users, don't forget the
Wintel (spit) lot as well!

regards,
Steve

* Re: gcc documentation
@ 2002-10-01  2:05 ` Fergus Henderson
From: Fergus Henderson @ 2002-10-01  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Keane; +Cc: gcc

On 01-Oct-2002, Stephen Keane <stephen.keane@virgin.net> wrote:
> I'm trying to download the gcc documentation, for offline browsing. Hence
> the HTML source is no good, as it isn't available as a single compressed
> source I can expand locally. The Postscript looks promising, but after
> downloading it, I can't find anything to unzip it with. I've tried WinZip
> and even downloaded gzip but neither recongnize it.

I think this may be a problem with your browser.
The file has probably already been unzipped, just the file name is wrong.
See <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-09/msg00814.html>.

* GCC documentation
@ 2001-07-30 11:36 Sanjay Bhatia
From: Sanjay Bhatia @ 2001-07-30 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I love GCC and want to thank you for this most excellent effort on your
part to make a *good* C compiler available to everyone.

I have a question about the documentation.  I found it very useful and
it's very well organized.  I am interested in finding out more about how
GCC works in general.  I would like to find out how it generates code
from start to finish and what is  executable file looks like or
contains.  Can you please point me to this information?  If you know of
something that is not GCC specific, but applicable to the C programming
language in general, that will work too.  I can buy the books or look up
info. on the net.

I know I could go through the source code to find this information, but
I'd also like to know of other sources.

Thanks,
sb