* Re: g++ "loosing" options
@ 2002-10-01 17:40 Nathan .
From: Nathan . @ 2002-10-01 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc

so does that mean the application still does not loose the multithreaded
capability. would there be any problems calling thread apis.

-Thanks
Nathan

>From: DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com>
>To: snmptoddler@hotmail.com
>CC: gcc@gcc.gnu.org
>Subject: Re: g++ "loosing" options
>Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 19:48:49 -0400
>
> > /usr/local/bin/g++ ... -mt ...
>
> > cc1plus: Invalid option `t'
>
>It's the "-mt" option.  -m* options are always passed to the compiler
>pass, which then strips the -m part.

* Re: g++ "loosing" options
@ 2002-10-01 21:28 ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2002-10-01 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan .; +Cc: dj, gcc

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 12:31:20AM +0000, Nathan . wrote:
> so does that mean the application still does not loose the multithreaded
> capability. would there be any problems calling thread apis.

GCC doesn't /have/ an -mt option.  Perhaps you are thinking of Sun's
compiler?

For the spelling of threading-related options, please see the manual.

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002

* Re: g++ "loosing" options
@ 2002-10-01 17:38 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2002-10-01 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: snmptoddler; +Cc: gcc

> /usr/local/bin/g++ ... -mt ...

> cc1plus: Invalid option `t'

It's the "-mt" option.  -m* options are always passed to the compiler
pass, which then strips the -m part.

* g++ "loosing" options
@ 2002-10-01 17:31 snmp toddler
From: snmp toddler @ 2002-10-01 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello All,

I am trying to compile an existing code(compiles well with Forte C++)
with g++. I am getting the following errors.
I could not find any 't' option in either Makefile or elsewhere.
Please advise.

-----Compilation errors-----

/usr/local/bin/g++ -w -mt -I.  -I/home/dama/Andreas/Library/util
-I/home/dama/Andreas/Library/xobj/  -I/home/dama/Andreas/Library/compat
-I/usr/dt/include -I/usr/openwin/include  -I/usr/lib/sparcv9 -Dsun -DDAMANMS
-DGUI  -D_REENTRANT -DNO_CAST -D__ORIGINAL_XORG_CODE  -DMULTITHREAD_DATABASE
  -DMULTITHREAD_CDR  -DMULTITHREAD_LOGFILE  -DMULTITHREAD_DOWNLOAD -c
addmodemwin.cc
cc1plus: Invalid option `t'
*** Error code 1

-Thanks