* trying to build cross compiler for powerpc w/x686 host - no crti.o
@ 2002-10-03 17:18 James Brennan
From: James Brennan @ 2002-10-03 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I built the compiler self hosted and then tried to use it to build for
target=powerpc-linux-gnu, single thread,
and a few other ways, but it stops at the same place, with ld
complaining about no 'crti.o'

the other ?crt*.o files seem to be there

I guess this isn't supported, but wanted to check.

The successful powerpc-linux-gnu build seems to be self hosted with debian.

Regards,

Jim Brennan

* Re: trying to build cross compiler for powerpc w/x686 host - no crti.o
@ 2002-10-03 17:26 ` Eric Christopher
From: Eric Christopher @ 2002-10-03 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Brennan; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 2002-10-03 at 17:17, James Brennan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I built the compiler self hosted and then tried to use it to build for
> target=powerpc-linux-gnu, single thread,
> and a few other ways, but it stops at the same place, with ld
> complaining about no 'crti.o'
>
> the other ?crt*.o files seem to be there
>
> I guess this isn't supported, but wanted to check.
>
> The successful powerpc-linux-gnu build seems to be self hosted with debian.

You need to provide more information than you have:

a) What was your configure line
b) Did you use pre-built glibc for your cross compiler?
etc.

Thanks.

-eric

--
Yuppies wear socks.

* Re: trying to build cross compiler for powerpc w/x686 host - no crti.o
@ 2002-10-03 17:50 ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2002-10-03 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Brennan; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 07:17:33PM -0500, James Brennan wrote:
> complaining about no 'crti.o'

This comes with glibc, which you probably havn't
installed correctly on the cross-host.

r~