* Re: deprecate i960 now?
@ 2002-10-04  6:28 Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-10-04  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mrs, rth; +Cc: gcc

<<I'll second it.  I think most manufacturing capacity for 960 things is
gone now, and while certain companies had a stock pile of parts, in
time, even those will be gone.

This is definitely false, there are live projects using this chip, which
expect to be supported for a very long time, and Intel is still definitely
manufacturing these chips.

* Re: deprecate i960 now?
@ 2002-10-05  5:56 Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-10-05  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dewar, wilson; +Cc: gcc

<<But are any of them considering using gcc 3?  If none of them are ever going
to upgrade to gcc 3, then we don't need the i960 port in gcc 3.

They are certaqinly not using gcc 3 now, since they are using gnat, I don
't know about future plans, to be checked

* Re: deprecate i960 now?
@ 2002-10-03 17:37 Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-10-03 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jbuck, shebs; +Cc: gcc, rth

We certainly know of significant users of gcc on the i960.

* deprecate i960 now?
@ 2002-10-03 11:32 Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2002-10-03 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

It seems that gdb obseleted i960 on 2002-08-22.  This makes it
fairly painful for gcc folk to test on i960, since that killed
the simulator as well.

I propose that we follow suit and add i960 to the deprecated list
for 3.3 so that it is removed in 3.4.

Thoughts?

r~