* Re: Don't drop GCC on Interix!
       [not found] <3D9D8648.3020500@mems.mheller.org>
@ 2002-10-05 12:43 ` Nathanael Nerode
From: Nathanael Nerode @ 2002-10-05 12:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Heller; +Cc: gcc

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 02:15:04PM +0200, Martin Heller wrote:
> Don't do it!
> It has not been abandoned ; Don Terry from Interix, now Microsoft, is
> working on it right now - I've got a 3.something working myself.

Then you can probably help me with the files I want to clean up. :-)

config/x-interix: This is one of only two (!) per-host Makefile fragments
remaining; I'm hoping to get rid of the entire infrastructure for this.
Does 3.x work if you blow this away?  If not, what needs to be changed?

config/alpha/xm-alpha-interix.h
config/i386/xm-i386-interix.h
I don't know if you're on Alpha or i386, but is there some way to get
these host-side defs out of fragments and into something more generic?

fixinc/fixinc.interix:  This is the weirdest one of all.  Although it's
a long file, at the moment *all* it does is "rm -f include/stddef.h",
which seems odd at best and dangerous at worst.  Does this file need to
exist?  Why is it doing what it's doing, anyway?

--Nathanael

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-05 18:46 UTC | newest]