* [tree-ssa-branch] Can I utilize the CFG?
@ 2002-10-06  6:09 zhongda lu
From: zhongda lu @ 2002-10-06  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312, Size: 932 bytes --]

Dear tree-ssa developers:
     I am now analyzing the source code  of the the
branch, I focus on the transformation from AST to CFG.
For I am working on program slicing of c/c++. I know
the tree-ssa branch has done the transformation from
AST to CFG.While before the transformation, the tree
has been simplified .Maybe this is not hopeful for
me,because I would like the original AST being
transformed to CFG.How
could I control your code to achieve this? Another
thing  is whether the simplification of the AST will
change the
control flow of a function and will affect the
analysis on the CFG. If I generate the data dependence
graph of a
function,can I utilize the reaching definition the
tree-ssa branch has completed .thanks a lot.

http://cn.ent.yahoo.com/star/midautumn/index.html

* Re: [tree-ssa-branch] Can I utilize the CFG?
@ 2002-10-06  8:38 ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2002-10-06  8:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zhongda lu; +Cc: gcc

On Sun, 06 Oct 2002, zhongda lu wrote:

> Maybe this is not hopeful for me,because I would like the
> original AST being transformed to CFG.How could I control your
> code to achieve this? Another

You can't.  The CFG is built after simplification.  If you feed
it an unsimplified program it will either build the wrong CFG or
abort.  The flowgraph builder is not prepared to deal with front
end trees.

> thing  is whether the simplification of the AST will change the
> control flow of a function and will affect the analysis on the
> CFG.

Nope.  The only thing simplification does is break appart
convoluted expressions to expose side-effects and make the code
easier to analyze and transform.  The resulting program is
semantically equivalent to the original.

>If I generate the data dependence graph of a  function,can I
>utilize the reaching definition the tree-ssa branch has
>completed .thanks a lot.

Yes.

Diego.

* [tree-ssa-branch] Can I utilize the CFG?
@ 2002-10-06  5:19 zhongda lu
From: zhongda lu @ 2002-10-06  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc