* dependency analyzer vs. drawf
@ 2002-10-11  6:47 Neal D. Becker
From: Neal D. Becker @ 2002-10-11  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I had previously written a simple python script that would spit out a
list of all source files given an executable (compiled with -g), using
objdump --stabs.

Now the default debug format seems to be dwarf (linux, gcc-3.2) and my
script no longer works.  Is there anything equivalent that would work
with the new format?

* Re: dependency analyzer vs. drawf
@ 2002-10-11  7:07 ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2002-10-11  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neal D. Becker; +Cc: gcc

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 09:24:48AM -0400, Neal D. Becker wrote:
> I had previously written a simple python script that would spit out a
> list of all source files given an executable (compiled with -g), using
> objdump --stabs.
>
> Now the default debug format seems to be dwarf (linux, gcc-3.2) and my
> script no longer works.  Is there anything equivalent that would work
> with the new format?

Oddly, the debug info dumping has moved to readelf.  readelf -wl should
give you enough information.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz

* Re: dependency analyzer vs. drawf
@ 2002-10-11  7:16   ` Neal D. Becker
From: Neal D. Becker @ 2002-10-11  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Jacobowitz; +Cc: gcc

    Daniel> On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 09:24:48AM -0400, Neal D. Becker wrote:
    >> I had previously written a simple python script that would spit out a
    >> list of all source files given an executable (compiled with -g), using
    >> objdump --stabs.
    >>
    >> Now the default debug format seems to be dwarf (linux, gcc-3.2) and my
    >> script no longer works.  Is there anything equivalent that would work
    >> with the new format?

    Daniel> Oddly, the debug info dumping has moved to readelf.  readelf -wl should
    Daniel> give you enough information.

Thanks.  I can probably make this work, but unfortunately the format
is not very regular so it will be harder to recognize the file names.
Oh well.

* Re: dependency analyzer vs. drawf
@ 2002-10-11  8:10     ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2002-10-11  8:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 09:36:36AM -0400, Neal D. Becker wrote:

>     Daniel> On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 09:24:48AM -0400, Neal D. Becker wrote:
>     >> I had previously written a simple python script that would spit out a
>     >> list of all source files given an executable (compiled with -g), using
>     >> objdump --stabs.
>     >>
>     >> Now the default debug format seems to be dwarf (linux, gcc-3.2) and my
>     >> script no longer works.  Is there anything equivalent that would work
>     >> with the new format?
>
>     Daniel> Oddly, the debug info dumping has moved to readelf.  readelf -wl should
>     Daniel> give you enough information.
>
> Thanks.  I can probably make this work, but unfortunately the format
> is not very regular so it will be harder to recognize the file names.
> Oh well.

[Sorry to reply on-list...]

Neal, your From: address is wrong, I get bounces from your postmaster.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz