* beginner development
@ 2002-10-14 17:21 Wesley Pegden
From: Wesley Pegden @ 2002-10-14 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

hello,
I'm a loyal linux user new to the development side of the open source
community and looking to contribute to that which has given me so much.
 Having looked at your beginners project page, I was thinking about
trying to do some warning squelching, and maybe some bug patrol as well.
 Are there any specific projects suitable for someone unfamiliar with
GCC's codebase like me that you would like to assign me to?  My
programming has gotten a little rusty over the last years, but I want to
work hard to help out the project.  I also understand I need to fill out
some forms and submit those.  Are those available for download?
Thanks for your time, and I hope I can help,
Wesley Pegden

* Re: beginner development
@ 2002-10-14 18:33 ` Kris Warkentin
From: Kris Warkentin @ 2002-10-14 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wesley Pegden, gcc

http://gcc.gnu.org/ is your friend.  You've got all sorts of info on the
technical how's of contributing.  Also, you've got a projects page
(http://gcc.gnu.org/projects/) that has tons of stuff there for beginners.
Have fun.

Kris

> I'm a loyal linux user new to the development side of the open source
> community and looking to contribute to that which has given me so much.
>  Having looked at your beginners project page, I was thinking about
> trying to do some warning squelching, and maybe some bug patrol as well.
>  Are there any specific projects suitable for someone unfamiliar with
> GCC's codebase like me that you would like to assign me to?  My
> programming has gotten a little rusty over the last years, but I want to
> work hard to help out the project.  I also understand I need to fill out
> some forms and submit those.  Are those available for download?
> Thanks for your time, and I hope I can help,
> Wesley Pegden

* Re: beginner development
@ 2002-10-14 21:01 ` Fergus Henderson
From: Fergus Henderson @ 2002-10-14 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wesley Pegden; +Cc: gcc

On 14-Oct-2002, Wesley Pegden <wes@uchicago.edu> wrote:
> I also understand I need to fill out
> some forms and submit those.  Are those available for download?

Search the mailing list for "copyright assignment form".
You will find <http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2002-09/msg00676.html>.