* RE: how to get value of real constant in .tu file
@ 2002-10-15 10:07 James Michael DuPont
From: James Michael DuPont @ 2002-10-15 10:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sushilpage; +Cc: gcc

Sushil,

The TU files are the same as used by me in the introspector patch,
Except that I output them into XML.

I will attempt at answering this request.

(Note, I am looking at the ast-optimizer-branch here )

The code in tree-dump.c that produces integers is here :
case INTEGER_CST:
      if (TREE_INT_CST_HIGH (t))
	dump_int (di, "high", TREE_INT_CST_HIGH (t));
        dump_int (di, "low", TREE_INT_CST_LOW (t));
      break;

Now, examining this code shows that there is not any handlers for
real_cst, but in the modules print-tree.c (for debugging output)
	case REAL_CST:
	  {
	    REAL_VALUE_TYPE d;

	    if (TREE_OVERFLOW (node))
	      fprintf (file, " overflow");

	    d = TREE_REAL_CST (node);
	    if (REAL_VALUE_ISINF (d))
	      fprintf (file, " Inf");
	    else if (REAL_VALUE_ISNAN (d))
	      fprintf (file, " Nan");
	    else
	      {
		char string[100];

		REAL_VALUE_TO_DECIMAL (d, "%e", string);
		fprintf (file, " %s", string);
	  break;

I can imagine that it would be pretty simple to include this
code back into the tree dumper.

Hope that helps,

Mike

=====
James Michael DuPont
http://introspector.sourceforge.net/

http://faith.yahoo.com

* Re: how to get value of real constant in .tu file
@ 2002-10-19  2:52 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2002-10-19  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sushil page; +Cc: gcc

The .tu files are intentionally incomplete, to discourage people from using
them for external optimizers.

Jim

* how to get value of real constant in .tu file
@ 2002-10-15  7:32 sushil page
From: sushil page @ 2002-10-15  7:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

     Hello sir,
          I have obtained the the dump(.tu file) of
GCC intermediate representation by
-fdump-translation-unit
option.In the ".tu" file ,i am  unable to find the
value of real constant.I have referred the GCC
documentation for this.In this documentation this
issue is not fixed.
       Excuse me for taking your valuable time.Kindly
waiting for your positive reply.

Thanks.

         Sushil

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com