* Re: compiling gnat on osx
@ 2002-10-15 11:22 Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2002-10-15 11:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: corentin.baron, gcc

<<I can't compile the full gcc3 on MacOS X and the ada update is writtenr
in ....... Ada ! How could I install gnat on my system (Darwin 5.5, GCC
3.1)

As is the case with C, you need a binary installation of the Ada compiler
before you can compile Ada code. The reasonable place to go for any Ada
information of this kind is www.adapower.net, and in particular the site
www.adapower.net/macos/macosx.html will have what you want (this site is
easily found with a google search for GNAT OS/X).

* Re: compiling gnat on osx
@ 2002-10-15 10:10 ` Geert Bosch
From: Geert Bosch @ 2002-10-15 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corentin BARON; +Cc: gcc

On Tuesday, Oct 15, 2002, at 12:02 America/New_York, Corentin BARON
wrote:
> I can't compile the full gcc3 on MacOS X and the ada update is
> writtenr in ....... Ada ! How could I install gnat on my system
> (Darwin 5.5, GCC 3.1)

On a new platform, someone has to do an initial cross-compilation
to get a base compiler which can be used for bootstrap. (Same you
would do if you had a system without C compiler.) Fortunately, this
has already been done. See www.adapower.com, which has a link to
a binary for Mac OS X, made by Jim Hopper, who has also ported
an initial run time with tasking support.

   -Geert

* compiling gnat on osx
@ 2002-10-15  9:53 Corentin BARON
From: Corentin BARON @ 2002-10-15  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)