* GCC query
@ 2002-12-07  5:24 Aditya Kanade
From: Aditya Kanade @ 2002-12-07  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I want to work on some optimizations and annotation techniques on C
intermediate format. Is it easy to use GCC C compiler front end
separately? If so, where do I get it separately or how do isolate it and
how do I understand the IR so that I can use it for my work?

This is only for academic and research purpose.

---
Aditya Kanade.
M.Tech. Student, CSE, IIT Bombay.

I've learned to keep my mind as open as I can.
I'm trying to look in as many directions as I can,
to find as many doors as I can, and I'm not going to
stop until I open them all.

* Re: GCC query
@ 2002-12-07  7:10 ` Fergus Henderson
From: Fergus Henderson @ 2002-12-07  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aditya Kanade; +Cc: gcc

On 07-Dec-2002, Aditya Kanade <aditya@cse.iitb.ac.in> wrote:
> I want to work on some optimizations and annotation techniques on C
> intermediate format. Is it easy to use GCC C compiler front end
> separately?

No, not separately, but you can plug in your optimizations
as new tree->tree or RTL->RTL pass.

> If so, where do I get it separately or how do isolate it and
> how do I understand the IR so that I can use it for my work?

Read the GCC internals manual.