* GNATS policy question
@ 2002-12-11  8:01 Volker Reichelt
From: Volker Reichelt @ 2002-12-11  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

What's the GNATS policy about PRs that issue an ICE in development versions
and a "confused by earlier errors, bailing out" message in release
versions?

We do have some reports with bogus code snippets that cause the
parser to choke and show the above behaviour (e.g. PR 8895, PR 8850).
Are there any chances that such failures will be fixed? Should we mark
them somehow since they are probably of very low priority? Or shall we
close such PRs unconditionally? In the latter case it would be nice if
we could point the submitters to some explanation about ICEs and
"confused ..." messages and why we close such PRs although there's an ICE.

Regards,
Volker