* regression hunt status, question about reports to mailing list
@ 2002-12-20 11:29 Janis Johnson
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Janis Johnson @ 2002-12-20 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: rodrigc, bangerth

Should I continue to send mail to gcc@gcc.gnu.org when I identify the
patch that caused a regression or that fixed a mainline regression that
still exists on a release branch?  This seemed like a good idea when
there was one every couple of days, but I'm continuing to discover
short-cuts that make it faster and easier, so the trickle of mail might
be getting large enough to be annoying (I've got three more almost ready
to report this morning).

Besides sending these to the gcc list I've also been sending mail via
GNATS to include in the PR, which also goes to gcc-bugs.  If I stop
sending mail to the gcc list I'll be sure to add the patch submitter to
the list of recipients for the GNATS mail.

Wolfgang has been a great help in all of this.  He continues to send me
information about two-week windows when regressions came or went, plus
other information that's useful in deciding which ones to do next.  The
cut-down test cases that Wolfgang, Volker, and others have added to
GNATS are invaluable.

There are dozens more regressions to track down, including several for
platforms that I can't test, particularly sparc.  I'd be happy to answer
questions for other people who want to join in the hunt.

Janis