* Question??
@ 2003-01-08  8:22 Atul Jawale
From: Atul Jawale @ 2003-01-08  8:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc

Hi,
	What is latest version of GCC??
	What kind of optimizations GCC compiler provides??

	Can u please give me the source for above question??

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Atul Jawale.

* Re: Question??
@ 2003-01-08  8:32 ` Gianni Mariani
From: Gianni Mariani @ 2003-01-08  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Atul Jawale; +Cc: gcc, gcc

Atul Jawale wrote:

>Hi,
>	What is latest version of GCC??

3.2.1

>	What kind of optimizations GCC compiler provides??

*Optimization Options*
     *Note Options that Control Optimization: Optimize Options.
          -falign-functions=N  -falign-labels=N  -falign-loops=N
          -falign-jumps=N  -fbranch-probabilities
          -fcaller-saves  -fcse-follow-jumps  -fcse-skip-blocks
          -fdelayed-branch  -fdelete-null-pointer-checks
-fexpensive-optimizations
          -ffast-math  -ffloat-store  -fforce-addr  -fforce-mem
-fno-math-errno
          -fdata-sections  -ffunction-sections  -fgcse
          -finline-functions  -finline-limit=N  -fkeep-inline-functions
          -fmove-all-movables  -fno-default-inline  -fno-defer-pop
          -fno-function-cse  -fno-inline  -fno-peephole
          -fomit-frame-pointer  -foptimize-register-moves
-foptimize-sibling-calls
          -fregmove -frerun-cse-after-loop  -frerun-loop-opt
-freduce-all-givs
          -fschedule-insns  -fschedule-insns2  -fssa -fstrength-reduce
          -fstrict-aliasing  -fthread-jumps  -funroll-all-loops
          -funroll-loops
          -O  -O0  -O1  -O2  -O3 -Os

>	Can u please give me the source for above question??

"info gcc"

>Thanks.
>
>Sincerely,
>Atul Jawale.

* Question??
@ 2003-01-08  8:46 ` Atul Jawale
From: Atul Jawale @ 2003-01-08  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc

@ 2003-01-08 10:05   ` Gianni Mariani
From: Gianni Mariani @ 2003-01-08 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Atul Jawale; +Cc: gcc, gcc

Atul Jawale wrote:

>Hi,
>	What is latest version of GCC??

3.2.1

>	What kind of optimizations GCC compiler provides??

*Optimization Options*
     *Note Options that Control Optimization: Optimize Options.
          -falign-functions=N  -falign-labels=N  -falign-loops=N
          -falign-jumps=N  -fbranch-probabilities
          -fcaller-saves  -fcse-follow-jumps  -fcse-skip-blocks
          -fdelayed-branch  -fdelete-null-pointer-checks
-fexpensive-optimizations
          -ffast-math  -ffloat-store  -fforce-addr  -fforce-mem
-fno-math-errno
          -fdata-sections  -ffunction-sections  -fgcse
          -finline-functions  -finline-limit=N  -fkeep-inline-functions
          -fmove-all-movables  -fno-default-inline  -fno-defer-pop
          -fno-function-cse  -fno-inline  -fno-peephole
          -fomit-frame-pointer  -foptimize-register-moves
-foptimize-sibling-calls
          -fregmove -frerun-cse-after-loop  -frerun-loop-opt
-freduce-all-givs
          -fschedule-insns  -fschedule-insns2  -fssa -fstrength-reduce
          -fstrict-aliasing  -fthread-jumps  -funroll-all-loops
          -funroll-loops
          -O  -O0  -O1  -O2  -O3 -Os

>	Can u please give me the source for above question??

"info gcc"

>Thanks.
>
>Sincerely,
>Atul Jawale.

* Re: Question:
@ 2004-08-16 19:51 ` James E Wilson
From: James E Wilson @ 2004-08-16 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: "\"Iñaki\" Viggers"; +Cc: gcc

Iñaki Viggers wrote:
> However I may not partition this HD. Where can I get
> any old Linux distribution to install on my Intel 386?

This is a list for gcc discussions.  Try a linux discussion list.

* Question:
@ 2004-08-16  0:51 Iñaki Viggers
From: Iñaki Viggers @ 2004-08-16  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: feedback; +Cc: gcc

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii, Size: 398 bytes --]

I am interested in shell scripting, kernel and
assembly language (GAS, ATT&T syntax) development.
However I may not partition this HD. Where can I get
any old Linux distribution to install on my Intel 386?
 Thank you very much. Iñaki Viggers

http://mail.yahoo.com

* Question!!
@ 2004-04-08 18:15 Sean Hsiao
From: Sean Hsiao @ 2004-04-08 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-help, gcc, gcc

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Sean Hsiao, a master student of Computer Science of Oklahoma
State University. My adviser, Dr. Istvan Jonyer, and I are doing a project.
We need to know some information about Abstract Syntax Tree. Would you
please tell me which file of GCC generates AST? Thank you very much!!

Sincerely,

Sean Hsiao

* Re: Question !!
@ 2004-03-16  2:56 ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 2004-03-16  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 김명수; +Cc: gcc

=?ks_c_5601-1987?B?sei47bz2?= <mskim@hurim.net> writes:

> Hello !!
> My name Kim myoung soo, live in korea.
>
> I have som problem to use gcc tool.
>
> H/W  Itanium2 CPU
> OS  : HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64
>
> I installed the gcc-3.3.2 on itanium server.
> Position : /usr/local/bin, ....
>
> but I have some error at comile time ..
>
> % gcc -o test main.c
> error 2005: invalid option '-x'

That error message is coming from the assembler.  GCC won't work with
the system assembler.  You need to install GAS, and configure GCC with
*both* --with-gnu-as and --with-as=/path/to/gas.  I do not remember
offhand whether or not you need GNU ld as well.

The HPUX Porting Center has binary packages of gcc 3.3.2 and binutils
2.14, which I know work, since I built them.  3.3.3 coming in the next
few days, unless there's a disaster.

zw

* Question !!
@ 2004-03-16  2:45 김명수
From: 김명수 @ 2004-03-16  2:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello !!
My name Kim myoung soo, live in korea.

I have som problem to use gcc tool.

H/W  Itanium2 CPU
OS  : HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64

I installed the gcc-3.3.2 on itanium server.
Position : /usr/local/bin, ....

but I have some error at comile time ..

% gcc -o test main.c
error 2005: invalid option '-x'

% gcc -xc -o test main.c
error 2005: invalid option '-x'

% gcc -x c -o test main.c
error 2005: invalid option '-x'

% man gcc
      -x language
          Specify explicitly the language for the following input files
          (rather than letting the compiler choose a default based on the
          file name suffix).  This option applies to all following input
          files until the next -x option.  Possible values for language are:

                  c  c-header  cpp-output
                  c++  c++-cpp-output
                  objective-c  objc-cpp-output
                  assembler  assembler-with-cpp
                  ada
                  f77  f77-cpp-input  ratfor
                  java
                  treelang

      -x none
          Turn off any specification of a language, so that subsequent files
          are handled according to their file name suffixes (as they are if
          -x has not been used at all).

What is the cause ?

Thank you !!

* question?
@ 2003-04-29 15:17 gs01han
From: gs01han @ 2003-04-29 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

I am looking for a program that show an example
using deep binding in c++ to determine the referencing
environment for a subprogram that is passed
as a parameter. I just need a source code

* Question!
@ 2002-03-18  8:39 ` Kamal Tejwani
From: Kamal Tejwani @ 2002-03-18  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am looking for a emulator that would provide with
floating point support for Sun SPARC. Does gcc provide
that. I read some article on it but its not clear.

Please reply to my question and pass on any online
pointers regarding the same.

Thanks,
Kamal

http://sports.yahoo.com/

* Question!
@ 2002-03-18  8:24 Kamal Tejwani
From: Kamal Tejwani @ 2002-03-18  8:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: gcc

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am looking for a emulator that would provide with
floating point support for Sun SPARC. Does gcc provide
that. I read some article on it but its not clear.

Please reply to my question and pass on any online
pointers regarding the same.

Thanks,
Kamal

http://sports.yahoo.com/

* Re: Question?
@ 2002-03-15 11:28 ` Tom Tromey
From: Tom Tromey @ 2002-03-15 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Kary; +Cc: gcc

Jason> I had a quick question about GCJ?  I've been looking through
Jason> the doucmentation and I can seem to find an answer to the
Jason> question of Memory Management.  One drawback with Java is it's
Jason> JVM concept uses a LOT of memory resources by creating a JVM
Jason> for each application.  If I were to compile my java code using
Jason> GCJ would I gain the benifit of not have a JVM/sandbox for each
Jason> application and in essence allow the OS to do the memory
Jason> management for me????

With libgcj you still have a JVM for each process.  However, you'll
probably use less memory because the core class libraries are in a
shared library; the memory used by this library will be shared among
all the processes using it.

Tom

* Question?
@ 2002-03-15  9:42 Jason Kary
From: Jason Kary @ 2002-03-15  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hello,

I had a quick question about GCJ?  I've been looking through the
doucmentation and I can seem to find an answer to the question of Memory
Management.  One drawback with Java is it's JVM concept uses a LOT of
memory resources by creating a JVM for each application.  If I were to
compile my java code using GCJ would I gain the benifit of not have a
JVM/sandbox for each application and in essence allow the OS to do the
memory management for me????

Thanks for your time
Jason Kary