* status of the tree-ssa branch ?
@ 2003-01-13 16:21 Lars Segerlund
From: Lars Segerlund @ 2003-01-13 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

  Hi,

  What's up with the tree-ssa branch right now ? I have been following
the list and I am a bit confused about this, so I have a couple of
questions.

  first, when is it 'scheduled' :-) to be included/merged with 3.x ( and
which 3.x

  second, is the tree representation likely to undergo further major
changes ?

  third, if I want to make a front end for gcc is this the 'future safe'
branch ?

  Thanks in advance, Lars Segerlund.

* Re: status of the tree-ssa branch ?
@ 2003-01-14 19:52 ` Diego Novillo
From: Diego Novillo @ 2003-01-14 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Segerlund; +Cc: gcc

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Lars Segerlund wrote:

>  first, when is it 'scheduled' :-) to be included/merged with 3.x ( and
> which 3.x

We are hoping to have something ready for 3.5.  As usual, the
canonical answer applies (when it's ready).

>  second, is the tree representation likely to undergo further major
> changes ?

Not likely.  But we only have converted two front ends to GIMPLE
(C and C++).  So, new front ends might introduce changes.

>  third, if I want to make a front end for gcc is this the 'future safe'
> branch ?

I would like to think so.  We first need to prove that the
optimization and analyses we do on trees give positive results.

Diego.