* Re: master copy of ltcf-c.sh, ltcf-gcj.sh, ltmain.sh?
@ 2003-02-25 15:37 Paolo Bonzini
From: Paolo Bonzini @ 2003-02-25 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mec; +Cc: gcc

They live in libtool's CVS head.

--
|_  _  _ __
|_)(_)| ) ;'_.

* Re: master copy of ltcf-c.sh, ltcf-gcj.sh, ltmain.sh?
@ 2003-03-03 10:08 ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2003-03-03 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bonzini; +Cc: mec, gcc

On Feb 25, 2003, Paolo Bonzini <paolo.bonzini@polimi.it> wrote:

> They live in libtool's CVS head.

Actually, these files are modified copies of the libtool
multi-language branch, that is now merged into libtool CVS mainline
and heavily modified since then.  It is possible that libtool still
uses tail -1, and that any fixes to CVS mailing to this effect could
be easily merged into our copy, but it has to be fixed there first.

* Re: master copy of ltcf-c.sh, ltcf-gcj.sh, ltmain.sh?
@ 2003-03-04  6:40         ` Andreas Tobler
From: Andreas Tobler @ 2003-03-04  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Oliva; +Cc: gcc

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Mar  3, 2003, Andreas Tobler <toa@pop.agri.ch> wrote:
>

>>In case it'll take a while, few weeks, would it be a try worth to
>>patch the missing parts for darwin in ltcf-c, c++ and gcj?
>

> Might be, but I'm seeing a lot of activity in the Darwin front in
> libtool-patches, so maybe we'd better wait until it settles down.

Ok, then I play local and hope in the near future we will see something :)

Thanks,

Andreas

* Re: master copy of ltcf-c.sh, ltcf-gcj.sh, ltmain.sh?
@ 2003-03-04  2:27       ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2003-03-04  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Tobler; +Cc: gcc

@ 2003-03-03 20:35     ` Andreas Tobler
From: Andreas Tobler @ 2003-03-03 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexandre Oliva; +Cc: gcc

Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Mar  3, 2003, "Andreas Tobler" <toa@pop.agri.ch> wrote:
>

>>But I expect that it isn't that simple since the cvs libtool relies on autoconf
>>2.5x. And we in gcc don't do yet.
>

> That's exactly the main stumbling block at the moment.  Unfortunately,
> I'm yet to review Klee Dienes' patch to adopt a newer version of
> autoconf, so I can't even tell whether we're just a review away from
> being able to do it or whether it will require major rework.

In case it'll take a while, few weeks, would it be a try worth to patch
the missing parts for darwin in ltcf-c, c++ and gcj?

Though, I'm not ready yet, since it is not that easy to satisfy all sub
libraries...

Andreas

* Re: master copy of ltcf-c.sh, ltcf-gcj.sh, ltmain.sh?
@ 2003-03-03 19:45   ` Alexandre Oliva
From: Alexandre Oliva @ 2003-03-03 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Tobler; +Cc: Michael Elizabeth Chastain, bonzini, gcc

@ 2003-03-03 16:07 ` Andreas Tobler
From: Andreas Tobler @ 2003-03-03 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Elizabeth Chastain, aoliva, bonzini; +Cc: gcc

I'm also interested in this question since the cvs libtool contains lot
of stuff needed for darwin and dylibs.

I hand ported those changes to a 3.3 branch and have now a gcc with shared/dynamic
libraries for darwin. (not completed yet but a good start)

@ 2003-03-03 15:12 Michael Elizabeth Chastain
From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain @ 2003-03-03 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: aoliva, bonzini; +Cc: gcc

Hi Alexandre,

> It is possible that libtool still uses tail -1, and that any fixes to
> CVS mailing to this effect could be easily merged into our copy, but it
> has to be fixed there first.

Paul Eggert has already fixed the 'head -1' and 'tail -1' and
other non-posix commands in the CVS version of libtool.

What are the prospects of importing a new libtool into gcc?

Michael C

* master copy of ltcf-c.sh, ltcf-gcj.sh, ltmain.sh?
@ 2003-02-25 15:28 Michael Elizabeth Chastain
From: Michael Elizabeth Chastain @ 2003-02-25 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi guys,

I have an issue with some of the top level configuration files:

  ltcf-c.sh
  ltcf-gcj.sh
  ltmain.sh

The issue is that these files use some commands like 'tail -1' which are
not allowed by POSIX 1003.1-2001.  (This is coming from PR gdb/527 and
PR gdb/894 if you are curious).

Who owns the master copy of these files, and where do I go to file a PR
against them?  I am guessing that the answer is 'the gcc copy is the
master copy' and 'file a gcc PR with category=other', but I need to
check this.

Michael C