* Bootstrap broken by recent fixincl change
@ 2003-02-26  4:41 Kaveh R. Ghazi
From: Kaveh R. Ghazi @ 2003-02-26  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ro; +Cc: gcc-bugs, gcc

Rainer,

In the last day or so, I'm getting bootstrap failures in stage1 on
solaris2 and irix6 when using cc for stage1.  It occurs because
fixincl.x was generated improperly such that it had an array
initializer with more elements than the array was declared to contain.
Using GCC for stage1 also yields this diagnostic calling attention to
the problem:

 > fixinc/fixincl.x:6697: warning: excess elements in array initializer
 > fixinc/fixincl.x:6697: warning: (near initialization for `fixDescList')

The breakage occurs on 3.2 and trunk, but not on 3.3.

I believe the checkin was yours, if so please fix it.

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu

* Re: Bootstrap broken by recent fixincl change
@ 2003-02-26  6:31 ` Gabriel Dos Reis
From: Gabriel Dos Reis @ 2003-02-26  6:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaveh R. Ghazi; +Cc: ro, gcc-bugs, gcc

"Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu> writes:

| Rainer,
|
| In the last day or so, I'm getting bootstrap failures in stage1 on
| solaris2 and irix6 when using cc for stage1.  It occurs because
| fixincl.x was generated improperly such that it had an array
| initializer with more elements than the array was declared to contain.
| Using GCC for stage1 also yields this diagnostic calling attention to
| the problem:
|
|  > fixinc/fixincl.x:6697: warning: excess elements in array initializer
|  > fixinc/fixincl.x:6697: warning: (near initialization for `fixDescList')
|
| The breakage occurs on 3.2 and trunk, but not on 3.3.
|
| I believe the checkin was yours, if so please fix it.

Indeed, the only recent change in that area seems to be:

  2003-02-24  David Billinghurst <David.Billinghurst@riotinto.com>

          Fixes PR libgcj/9652.
          Backport patch from mainline:
          2003-02-12  Rainer Orth  <ro@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>

          * fixinc/inclhack.def (irix_socklen_t): Fix broken IRIX 6.5.1[78]
          socklen_t definition.
          * fixinc/fixincl.x: Regenerate.
          * fixinc/tests/base/sys/socket.h: New file.

-- Gaby

* RE: Bootstrap broken by recent fixincl change
@ 2003-02-26 15:47 ` Kaveh R. Ghazi
From: Kaveh R. Ghazi @ 2003-02-26 15:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David.Billinghurst, ro; +Cc: gcc-bugs, gcc

 > From: "Billinghurst, David (CRTS)" <David.Billinghurst@riotinto.com>
 >
 > and I fixed trunk too.

Thank you.

--

@ 2003-02-26 10:51 Billinghurst, David (CRTS)
From: Billinghurst, David (CRTS) @ 2003-02-26 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaveh R. Ghazi, ro; +Cc: gcc-bugs, gcc

and I fixed trunk too.

@ 2003-02-26 10:45 Billinghurst, David (CRTS)
From: Billinghurst, David (CRTS) @ 2003-02-26 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaveh R. Ghazi, ro; +Cc: gcc-bugs, gcc

I have fixed 3.2 (since I broke that one).