* Query about debug info
@ 2003-04-02  9:32 Leon Taylor
From: Leon Taylor @ 2003-04-02  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi Everyone,

I am curious about debugging information generation
for user symbols. From dwarfout.c file, I could deduce
that DECL_RTL, PARM_DECL etc are some of the interface

used to output debug info. (I was looking
at location_or_const_value_attribute () function)

1) Is the same mechanism used for other debugging
formats too?

2) There are some cases in gcc/testsuite/debug
directory which scan generated assembly for "xyzzy"
string. I want to understand the rationale of those
test cases. To be specific let us consider
  gcc.dg/debug/debug-6.c.
 Why "xyzzy" occur in assembly output (with -g)?
 and what if it doesn't come after some code
 modification.(Which direction to explore ?)

Thanks and Regards,
Leon.

       visit http://in.tv.yahoo.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-02  7:50 UTC | newest]