* Problem with the fix to PR 10234
@ 2003-04-02 23:47 Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2003-04-02 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Sorry to have to bring this up, but I was updating my bug list for
3.2.3 and just noticed this.

The fix to PR 10234 was erroneous.  Sorry I missed it, but it should
have been closed as "not a bug".  The fact that the URL printed by
released compilers for bug report instructions points to

http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html

and not to gcc.gnu.org was something that RMS asked for and that the
SC agreed to.  This goes back to the days of the egcs/FSF re-merger,
and was just one of many petty battles from those days.  It shouldn't
really be a big deal, but I don't think that the SC can break a promise
to RMS.  So either this "fix" has to be reverted or we need to ask RMS
if it's OK.  Since the named URL is just a mirror of the gcc.gnu.org
bugs page, it's simpler to just revert the fix.

Apologies to Wolfgang, Janis, and Gaby, none of who knew about this
foolishness.