* Is it possible to link libraries compiled with gcc 2.9 into a new program using gcc 3.2?
@ 2003-04-10 12:31 Erik Nordahl
From: Erik Nordahl @ 2003-04-10 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

I have som old libraries bought to compile with gcc 2.9, but is now
considering upgrading my gcc compiler to version 3.2.

Can I still use/link the old libraries into a new program build/linked
with gcc 3.2?

Thanks in advance!

/Erik Nordahl
Copenhagen

<FONT SIZE=1 FACE="Arial">_______________
Vi goer opmaerksom paa, at denne e-mail kan indeholde fortrolig information. Hvis du ved en fejltagelse modtager e-mailen, beder vi dig venligst informere afsender om fejlen ved at bruge svar-funktionen. Samtidig beder vi dig slette e-mailen i dit system uden at videresende eller kopiere den.
Selv om e-mailen og ethvert vedhaeftet bilag efter vores overbevisning er fri for virus og andre fejl, som kan paavirke computeren eller it-systemet, hvori den modtages og laeses, aabnes den paa modtagerens eget ansvar. Vi paatager os ikke noget ansvar for tab og skade, som er opstaaet i forbindelse med at modtage og bruge e-mailen.
_______________
Please note that this message may contain confidential information. If you have received this message by mistake, please inform the sender of the mistake by sending a reply, then delete the message from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies of it.
Although we believe that the message and any attachments are free from viruses and other errors that might affect the computer or IT system where it is received and read, the recipient opens the message at his or her own risk. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this message.
</FONT>

* Re: Is it possible to link libraries compiled with gcc 2.9 into a new program using gcc 3.2?
@ 2003-04-10 17:28 ` Joe Buck
From: Joe Buck @ 2003-04-10 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Nordahl; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 11:30:11AM +0200, Erik Nordahl wrote:
> I have som old libraries bought to compile with gcc 2.9, but is now
> considering upgrading my gcc compiler to version 3.2.

There was never a 2.9.  Perhaps you mean 2.95?

> Can I still use/link the old libraries into a new program build/linked
> with gcc 3.2?

If they are C, yes.  If they are C++, no, for 2.anything and 3.2.