From: Michel LESPINASSE <walken@zoy.org>
To: Daniel Egger <degger@fhm.edu>
Cc: Aldy Hernandez <aldyh@redhat.com>, gcc@gcc.gnu.org
Subject: Re: altivec support in gcc - bug with vec_mergel
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:43:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 02:04:11PM +0200, Daniel Egger wrote:
> 2002-02-26  Daniel Egger  <degger@fhm.edu>
>
>         * config/rs6000/rs6000.md: Swap define_insn attributes to
>         fix incorrect generation of merge high instructions instead
>         of merge low.
>
> This one maybe? :)

Yes, most probably :) Yesterday I downloaded the latest 3.3 snapshot -
I intended to grep for vmrghh and find out how to fix the issue, but
it turned out it was fixed already :)

Do you know what's the status of this in the 3.2.3-frozen tree ? I
tried to figure this out by looking at config/ in cvsweb but I guess
some magic happens there at make dist time ? Well at least I did not
find where config/rs6000 is.

And, thanks a lot Daniel for fixing this. gcc's altivec support works
nicely for me now :)   (well, in 3.3 at least)

Cheers,

--
Michel "Walken" LESPINASSE
"In this time of war against Osama bin Laden and the oppressive