* The great gnats->bugzilla switchover
@ 2003-05-15 17:04 Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2003-05-15 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: cgf, Gerald Pfeifer

As promised, now that 3.3 is out, it's time to move to Bugzilla.

As it's summer time, i'm available to fight fires everyday but monday
and tuesday.

Chris, Gerald, if you will have time tomorrow, we can do the transfer
then.
Just give me a time.

What I need to do simultaneously:

1. Update all user-facing web-pages to refer to Bugzilla
2. Put something in the news about it
3. Perform the final db conversion.
4. Manually add the gnats-only people to the right groups. (Also, who
needs to be an admin?  I would imagine Chris has enough to do, so maybe
it makes sense *not* to make him an admin, only so people don't bug him
about Bugzilla stuff.Though if people are going to bug him regardless,
....)

What I need Chris or Gerald to do:

1. Turn off gnats right before the conversion starts so that nobody
enters new bugs while it's going on (Otherwise they'd probably be lost
in limbo, since the converter reads the list of pr's *first*, then
processes them)
2. Modify the gcc-gnats alias to run the bug_email.pl script once step
3 above is done by me.
3. Enable the redirector Gerald set up to redirect gnatsweb url's to
Bugzilla ones.

--Dan

* Re: The great gnats->bugzilla switchover
@ 2003-05-15 17:06 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-05-15 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: gcc, Gerald Pfeifer

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 01:04:18PM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>As promised, now that 3.3 is out, it's time to move to Bugzilla.
>
>As it's summer time, i'm available to fight fires everyday but monday
>and tuesday.
>
>Chris, Gerald, if you will have time tomorrow, we can do the transfer
>then.
>Just give me a time.

Sorry, but tomorrow isn't a good day for me.  How about Saturday?

Could we maybe get on an irc channel to coordinate, too?

cgf

* Re: The great gnats->bugzilla switchover
@ 2003-05-15 17:53   ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2003-05-15 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: gcc, Gerald Pfeifer

On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 01:06  PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 01:04:18PM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
>> As promised, now that 3.3 is out, it's time to move to Bugzilla.
>>
>> As it's summer time, i'm available to fight fires everyday but monday
>> and tuesday.
>>
>> Chris, Gerald, if you will have time tomorrow, we can do the transfer
>> then.
>> Just give me a time.
>
> Sorry, but tomorrow isn't a good day for me.  How about Saturday?

Sure

> Could we maybe get on an irc channel to coordinate, too?

Sure.
Haven't been on IRC in a while, so someone else should pick a server
and channel,

@ 2003-05-15 19:20   ` Gerald Pfeifer
From: Gerald Pfeifer @ 2003-05-15 19:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin, Christopher Faylor; +Cc: gcc

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> 4. Manually add the gnats-only people to the right groups. (Also, who
> needs to be an admin?  I would imagine Chris has enough to do, so maybe
> it makes sense *not* to make him an admin, only so people don't bug him
> about Bugzilla stuff.Though if people are going to bug him regardless,
> ....)

Historically, I've helped out with GNATS (mostly gnatsweb passwords and
accounts), and I'm also willing to help with Bugzilla admining.

However, I really think we should hand admin priviledges to our
German/Italian bug tracking professionals. :-)

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Sorry, but tomorrow isn't a good day for me.  How about Saturday?

This weekend is a bit of a problem for me, due to family issues. However,
I'm certainly not as relevant as the two of you, so if you prefer, go
ahead!

(Monday and Tuesday are bad for Daniel, so the next possible date would
be next Wednesday.)

From the web pages side of things, I believe we should work on replacing
gnats.html before the switch (and then only changes a few links). Could
you have a look at that Daniel? Also, I suspect that Wolfgang and the
others will want to have a look, so perhaps it's better anyways to wait
a few days.

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry"   pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at   http://www.pfeifer.com/gerald/

* Re: The great gnats->bugzilla switchover
@ 2003-05-15 19:48     ` Phil Edwards
From: Phil Edwards @ 2003-05-15 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Berlin; +Cc: Christopher Faylor, gcc, Gerald Pfeifer

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 01:53:07PM -0400, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 01:06  PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
> >Could we maybe get on an irc channel to coordinate, too?
> >
> Sure.
> Haven't been on IRC in a while, so someone else should pick a server
> and channel,
> >cgf

GCC developers have lately been congregating on irc.oftc.net, #gcc .

* Re: The great gnats->bugzilla switchover
@ 2003-05-15 20:22     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-05-15 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gerald Pfeifer; +Cc: Daniel Berlin, gcc

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 09:20:38PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>(Monday and Tuesday are bad for Daniel, so the next possible date would
>be next Wednesday.)

Next Wednesday should be fine for me.  I'd prefer to leave my weekends open,
too, but I was willing to do it if that was the only alternative.

(should we move this discussion to overseers?)

cgf

* Re: The great gnats->bugzilla switchover
@ 2003-05-15 20:26       ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2003-05-15 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Faylor; +Cc: Gerald Pfeifer, gcc

On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 04:21  PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 09:20:38PM +0200, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
>> (Monday and Tuesday are bad for Daniel, so the next possible date
>> would
>> be next Wednesday.)
>
> Next Wednesday should be fine for me.  I'd prefer to leave my weekends
> open,
> too, but I was willing to do it if that was the only alternative.

Next wednesday is fine by me.

> (should we move this discussion to overseers?)

i'm not on overseers, so ...

@ 2003-05-16  0:07 ` Kaveh R. Ghazi
From: Kaveh R. Ghazi @ 2003-05-16  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dberlin; +Cc: cgf, gcc, pfeifer

 > As promised, now that 3.3 is out, it's time to move to Bugzilla.
 > [...]
 > What I need to do simultaneously:
 > [...]
 > What I need Chris or Gerald to do:
 > [...]

Can you please post what the rest of us need to do?  I.e. how to get
an account (or will they be transfered automatically?) and what to
read in order to learn how to use the new tool?

(I apologize, I haven't been following bugzilla stuff as closely as I
perhaps should have.)

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu

* Re: The great gnats->bugzilla switchover
@ 2003-05-16  0:33   ` Daniel Berlin
From: Daniel Berlin @ 2003-05-16  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kaveh R. Ghazi; +Cc: cgf, gcc, pfeifer

On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 08:07  PM, Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:

>> As promised, now that 3.3 is out, it's time to move to Bugzilla.
>> [...]
>> What I need to do simultaneously:
>> [...]
>> What I need Chris or Gerald to do:
>> [...]
>
> Can you please post what the rest of us need to do?
Nothing.

>   I.e. how to get
> an account (or will they be transfered automatically?)

Automatically transferred, though passwords will be reset (you just
need to tell it you forgot your password, and it'll email you one).

> and what to
> read in order to learn how to use the new tool?

Hopefully nothing.
It should be pretty clear how to use.
Otherwise, the built-in help should be able to walk you through.