* Why is there a `0' flag used with `%I' in asm_fprintf ?
@ 2003-05-22 14:32 Kaveh R. Ghazi
From: Kaveh R. Ghazi @ 2003-05-22 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc

Many uses of asm_fprintf in m68k.c and a few in m68hc11.c use the `0'
flag in conjunction with `%I' when calling asm_fprintf.  Reading
through the function body of asm_fprintf in final.c, it appears that
the zero is consumed, but has no effect.  I.e. `%0I' just spits out
IMMEDIATE_PREFIX unmodified as would plain `%I'.

So it seems harmless except for the fact that someone reading the code
in m68k.c might think the `0' flag is supposed to do something.
Should all instances of `%0I' be changed to `%I', or have I missed
something?

		Thanks,
		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu

* Re: Why is there a `0' flag used with `%I' in asm_fprintf ?
@ 2003-05-22 15:59 ` Kaveh R. Ghazi
From: Kaveh R. Ghazi @ 2003-05-22 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-bugs, gcc

 > Many uses of asm_fprintf in m68k.c and a few in m68hc11.c use the `0'
 > flag in conjunction with `%I' when calling asm_fprintf.  Reading
 > through the function body of asm_fprintf in final.c, it appears that
 > the zero is consumed, but has no effect.  I.e. `%0I' just spits out
 > IMMEDIATE_PREFIX unmodified as would plain `%I'.
 >
 > So it seems harmless except for the fact that someone reading the code
 > in m68k.c might think the `0' flag is supposed to do something.
 > Should all instances of `%0I' be changed to `%I', or have I missed
 > something?

Assuming these are bogus, patch here:

Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu