* new FAILs on HEAD
@ 2003-07-31  9:33 gcc
From: gcc @ 2003-07-31  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

These new FAILs

FAIL: g++.old-deja/g++.other/crash18.C (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.misc-tests/mg.c

were caused by one of the following checkins

2003-07-31  Ulrich Weigand  <uweigand@de.ibm.com>

	* config/s390/s390.md (UNSPEC_ROUND, UNSPEC_SETHIGH,
	UNSPECV_BLOCKAGE): New constants.
	("*sethighqisi", "*sethighhisi", "*sethiqidi_64", "*sethiqidi_31",
	"*extractqi", "*extracthi", "*extendqidi2" splitter, "*extendqisi2"
	splitter, "fix_truncdfdi2_ieee", "fix_truncdfsi2_ieee",
	"fix_truncsfdi2", "fix_truncsfsi2", "blockage"): Use them.

	(all insns and expanders): Write output control string as brace block
	where appropriate.  Remove \-escapes for doublequote characters.

Thu Jul 31 01:04:19 CEST 2003  Jan Hubicka  <jh@suse.cz>

	* gcse.c (insert_store): Fix typo in previous patch.

2003-07-29  Andrew Pinski <pinskia@physics.uc.edu>

	PR target/11565
	* gcc.dg/i386-387-1.c (dg-options): Add -march=i386.
	* gcc.dg/i386-387-5.c (dg-options): Likewise.

debian GNU/Linux i686 unstable

* Re: new FAILs on HEAD
@ 2004-08-15 10:20 ` Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2004-08-15 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc; +Cc: bonzini

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004, Michael Ritzert wrote:

> 2004-08-04  Paolo Bonzini  <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>
>
> 	* gcc_update: libjava/configure.ac -> configure.in.  Automake
> 	1.4 does not handle configure.ac properly.

I think you're meant to use your own address on ChangeLog entries, we
don't need copies of regression reports on the gcc list as well as
personal copies and copies on the gcc-regression list.

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    jsm@polyomino.org.uk (personal mail)

* new FAILs on HEAD
@ 2004-08-15  3:49 Michael Ritzert
From: Michael Ritzert @ 2004-08-15  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-regression, David.Billinghurst, Hans.Boehm, a.tobler,
	amacleod, amodra, anemet, aph, apinski, banner, bbooth,
	bdavis9659, bje, bonzini, brosgol, celier, ctice, dan,
	dave.anglin, dberlin, ddaney, dewar, dk, dnovillo, dpatel,
	edelsohn, falk, fengwang, fitzsim, gcc, geoffk, gerald,
	giovannibajo, hainque, hongjiu.lu, jakub, janis187, jason,
	jbeulich, jblomqvi, jh, joern.rennecke, jsm, kargls, kcook,
	kenner, kirtchev, konqueror, krebbel1, law, lee, lei, mark,
	mckinlay, mec.gnu, mustafa, nathan, neroden, nickc, obry,
	papadopo, paul, paul, pcarlini, per, peturr02, phil, phython,
	pinskia, pthaugen, quinot, rakdver, redi, roger, rsandifo, rth,
	schonberg, schwab, stevenb, tobias.schlueter, uweigand, wilson,
	zack, zaks, zippel, zlaski

If you directly receive this mail, your name is tagged to one of the ChangeLog
entries. A copy is also mailed to gcc-regressions.

The build system:
debian GNU/Linux i686 unstable
i686-pc-linux-gnu
configure flags: --enable-threads=posix --prefix=/opt/gcc-HEAD --enable-__cxa_atexit --with-system-zlib --enable-languages=c,c++,f95,java,objc

These new FAILs appeared since the last run:

FAIL: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/elemental.f90 execution,  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
FAIL: gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/elemental.f90 execution,  -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-all-loops -finline-functions

The complete testsuite logs can be found at
http://www.mailsys.de/~gcc/logs-HEAD-i686-1092505444.tar.bz2

These are the new ChangeLog entries since the last run:

2004-08-13  Brian Booth  <bbooth@redhat.com>

	* MAINTAINERS: Remove myself from write-after-approval.

2004-08-12  Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@gcc.gnu.org>

	* src-release: Stop distributing mmalloc with gdb (which doesn't
	use it).
	* Makefile.def: GDB doesn't depend on mmalloc anymore.
	* Makefile.in: Regenerate.

2004-08-09  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	* configure.in (arm*-*-eabi*): New target.
	* configure: Regenerate.

2004-08-06  Paolo Bonzini  <bonzini@gnu.org>

	* Makefile.def (bfd, opcodes, gcc, zlib): Mark as bootstrap module.
	(bison, byacc, flex, texinfo): Do not mark as bootstrap module.
	(Dependencies): New section.
	* Makefile.tpl (Dependencies): Generate from Makefile.def.
	(configure-target-[+module+]): Depend on maybe-all-gcc
	(all-prebootstrap): New name of all-bootstrap.  Changed throughout.
	(toplevel profiledbootstrap): Fix dependencies.
	* Makefile.in: Regenerate.

2004-08-03  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	* configure.in (arm*-*-symbianelf*): Add ${libgcj} and
	target-libiberty to noconfigdirs.
	* configure: Regenerate.

2004-08-13  Bryce McKinlay  <mckinlay@redhat.com>

	* configure.ac (gc_cflags): Add -Iinclude.
	(AC_CONFIG_HEADERS): New. Configure gc_config.h header.
	Don't write DEFS to boehm-cflags file.
	* configure: Rebuilt.
	* gcj_mlc.c: Check #ifdef GC_GCJ_SUPPORT after including headers.
	* specific.c: Check #ifdef GC_LINUX_THREADS after including headers.
	* include/gc_config_macros.h: Remove backward-compatibility
	redefinitions of GC_ names.
	* include/gc.h: Include <gc_config.h>.

2004-08-13  Bryce McKinlay  <mckinlay@redhat.com>

	Import Boehm GC version 6.3.

2004-08-12  Kelley Cook  <kcook@gcc.gnu.org>

	* include/Makefile.in: Regenerate

2004-08-13  Nathanael Nerode  <neroden@gcc.gnu.org>

	* Add ACX_{TARGET,HOST,BUILD}_NONCANONICAL,
	which do an automatic AC_SUBST on _GCC_TOPLEV_*_NONCANONICAL.
	The intention is that we will migrate to these bit by bit.

2004-08-04  Paolo Bonzini  <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>

	* gcc_update: libjava/configure.ac -> configure.in.  Automake
	1.4 does not handle configure.ac properly.

2004-08-04  Andreas Schwab  <schwab@suse.de>

	* gcc_update: libjava/configure.in -> configure.ac.

2004-08-11  Kelley Cook  <kcook@gcc.gnu.org>

	PR bootstrap/16164
	* Makefile.am: Force fastjar.info to be built in build directory.
	* Makefile.in: Regenerate.

2004-08-13  Olivier Hainque  <hainque@act-europe.fr>

	* decl.c (gnat_to_gnu_entity) <E_Variable>: When building an allocator
	for a global aliased object with a variable size and an unconstrained
	nominal subtype, pretend there is no initializer if the one we have is
	incomplete, and avoid referencing an inexistant component in there. The
	part we have will be rebuilt anyway and the reference may confuse
	further operations.

2004-08-13  Thomas Quinot  <quinot@act-europe.fr>

	* einfo.ads: Minor reformatting

	* lib-writ.adb (Output_Main_Program_Line): Do not set parameter
	restrictions in the ALI if we only want to warn about violations.

2004-08-13  Vincent Celier  <celier@gnat.com>

	* ali.adb (Scan_ALI): Initialize component Body_Needed_For_SAL to False
	when creating a new Unit_Record in table Units.

	* gnatls.adb (Output_Unit): In verbose mode, output the restrictions
	that are violated, if any.

	* prj-nmsc.adb (Ada_Check.Get_Path_Names_And_Record_Sources): Do not
	add directory separator if path already ends with a directory separator.

2004-08-13  Ed Schonberg  <schonberg@gnat.com>

	* rtsfind.adb (Entity_Not_Defined): If the error ocurrs in a predefined
	unit, this is an attempt to inline a construct that is not available in
	the current restricted mode, so abort rather than trying to continue.

	* sem_ch3.adb (Build_Underlying_Full_View): If the new type has
	discriminants that rename those of the parent, recover names of
	original discriminants for the constraint on the full view of the
	parent.
	(Complete_Private_Subtype): Do not create a subtype declaration if the
	subtype is an itype.

	* gnat_rm.texi: Added section on implementation of discriminated
	records with default values for discriminants.

2004-08-13  Ed Schonberg  <schonberg@gnat.com>

	PR ada/15601
	* sem_res.adb (Make_Call_Into_Operator): Handle properly the case where
	the second operand is overloaded.

2004-08-10  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* utils.c (gnat_install_builtins): Remove __builtin_stack_alloc,
	add __builtin_alloca.

2004-08-10  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* config-lang.in (boot_language): Yes.

2004-08-09  Thomas Quinot  <quinot@act-europe.fr>

	* g-socket.adb (Abort_Selector): Initialize Buf to prevent valgrind
	from complaining on potential uninitialized reference.
	Change calls to GNAT.Sockets.Thin.Is_Socket_In_Set to account for
	new specification and test explicitly for non-zero return value.

	* g-socthi.ads (Is_Socket_In_Set): Declare imported function as
	returning C.int, to avoid using a derived boolean type.

	* exp_ch5.adb (Make_Tag_Ctrl_Assignments): Use
	Duplicate_Subexpr_No_Checks in preference to direct use of
	Remove_Side_Effects and New_Copy_Tree.
	Clear Comes_From_Source on prefix of 'Size attribute reference.

	* g-socthi.adb, g-socthi-vms.adb, g-socthi-mingw.adb,
	g-socthi-vxworks.adb: Change calls to
	GNAT.Sockets.Thin.Is_Socket_In_Set to account for new specification
	and test explicitly for non-zero return value.

	* g-socthi-vms.ads, g-socthi-mingw.ads, g-socthi-vxworks.ads:
	(Is_Socket_In_Set): Declare imported function as returning C.int, to
	avoid using a derived boolean type.

2004-08-09  Albert Lee  <lee@gnat.com>

	* system-irix-n32.ads: Refine tasking priority constants for IRIX.

2004-08-09  Pascal Obry  <obry@gnat.com>

	* gnat_ugn.texi: Document new way to build DLLs on Windows using
	GCC's -shared option.

	* mlib-tgt-mingw.adb (Build_Dynamic_Library): Pass GCC's options into
	Options_2 parameter (options put after object files).

2004-08-09  Olivier Hainque  <hainque@act-europe.fr>

	* decl.c (gnat_to_gnu_entity) <E_Array_Subtype>: Adjust condition to
	ignore overflows on low and high bounds of an index to also account for
	differences in signedness between sizetype and gnu_index_subtype.
	These are as legitimate as the ones caused by a lower TYPE_PRECISION
	on sizetype.

2004-08-09  Robert Dewar  <dewar@gnat.com>

	* s-solita.ads, s-solita.adb: Minor reformatting

	* gnat_rm.texi: Add documentation for pragma Profile (Restricted)
	Move pragma Restricted_Run_Time, No_Run_Time, Ravenscar to new
	obsolescent section
	Add note that No_Implicit_Conditionals does not suppress
	run time constraint checks.

	* vms_conv.ads: Minor reformatting

	* s-secsta.adb: Use SS_Ptr instead of Mark_Id as stack pointer (cleanup
	and necessary for following change).
	(Mark): Return new format Mark_Id containing sec stack address
	(Release): Use sec stack address from Mark_Id avoiding Self call

	* s-secsta.ads: Define SS_Ptr to be used instead of Mark_Id as stack
	pointer (cleanup and necessary for following change).
	Define Mark_Id as record containing address of secondary stack, that way
	Release does not need to find the stack again, decreasing the number of
	calls to Self and improving efficiency.

	* sem_util.ads: Add a ??? comment for Is_Local_Variable_Reference

	* sem_ch5.adb (Analyze_Case_Statement): Add circuitry to track value of
	case variable into the individual case branches when possible.

	* sem_ch11.adb: Minor reformatting

	* prj.ads: Correct spelling of suffixs

	* prj-nmsc.adb: Minor reformatting
	Correct spelling suffixs throughout (also in identifiers)

	* freeze.adb: Minor spelling correction

	* exp_ch2.adb: Cleanups to handling of Current_Value
	(no functional effect).

	* bld.adb: Correct spelling of suffixs

	* einfo.adb (Enclosing_Dynamic_Scope): Defend against junk argument

2004-08-09  Ed Schonberg  <schonberg@gnat.com>

	PR ada/15408

	* sem_ch7.adb (Install_Private_Declarations): In the body of the
	package or of a child, private entities are both immediately_visible
	and not hidden.

2004-08-09  Ed Schonberg  <schonberg@gnat.com>

	* sem_eval.adb (Eval_Integer_Literal): If the context is Any_Integer,
	there are no range checks on the value of the literal.

	* exp_ch7.adb (Insert_Actions_In_Scope_Around): If the node being
	wrapped is the triggering alternative of an asynchronous select, action
	statements mustbe inserted before the select itself.

	* sem_attr.adb (Analyze_Attribute, case 'Size): Handle properly the
	case where the prefix is a protected function call.
	(Resolve_Attribute, case 'Access): The attribute reference on a
	subprogram is legal in a generic body if the subprogram is declared
	elsewhere.

2004-08-09  Vincent Celier  <celier@gnat.com>

	* makegpr.adb (Build_Library): Link with g++ if C++ is one of the
	languages, otherwise building the library may fail with unresolved
	symbols.
	(Compile_Sources): Do not build libraries if -c switch is used

	* gnatlink.adb (Process_Args): New switches -M and -Mmap
	(Write_Usage): If map file creation is supported, output new switches
	-M and -Mmap.
	(Gnatlink): When -M is specified, add the necessary switch(es) to the
	gcc call, when supported.

	* Makefile.in: Added indepsw.o to the object list for gnatlink
	Specified the AIX, GNU/Linux and Windows versions of indepsw.adb

	* indepsw-aix.adb, indepsw-linux.adb, indepsw-mingw.adb,
	indepsw.adb, indepsw.ads: New files.

2004-08-09  Bernard Banner  <banner@gnat.com>

	* system-vxworks-x86.ads, s-vxwork-x86.ads: New files.

	* Makefile.in: add section for vxworks x86

2004-08-09  Hristian Kirtchev  <kirtchev@gnat.com>

	* exp_ch3.adb (Build_Init_Statements): Add extra condition to deal with
	per-object constrained components where the discriminant is of an
	Access type.
	(Build_Record_Init_Proc): Add condition to prevent the inheritance of
	the parent initialization procedure for derived Unchecked_Unions.
	Instead, derived Unchecked_Unions build their own initialization
	procedure.
	(Build_Variant_Record_Equality): Implement Unchecked_Union equality.
	Check the body of the subprogram for details.
	(Freeze_Record_Type): Prevent the inheritance of discriminant checking
	functions for derived Unchecked_Union types by introducing a condition.
	Allow the creation of TSS equality functions for Unchecked_Unions.
	(Make_Eq_Case): Rename formal parameter Node to E in function signature.
	Add formal parameter Discr to function signature. Discr is used to
	control the generated case statement for Unchecked_Union types.
	(Make_Eq_If): Rename formal parameter Node to E in function signature.

	* exp_ch4.adb (Build_Equality_Call): Implement equality calls for
	Unchecked_Unions.
	Check the body of the subprogram for details.
	(Expand_Composite_Equality): Augment composite type equality to include
	correct handling of Unchecked_Union components.
	(Expand_N_In): Add condition to detect illegal membership tests when the
	subtype mark is a constrained Unchecked_Union and the expression lacks
	inferable discriminants, and build a Raise_Program_Error node.
	(Expand_N_Op_Eq): Add function Has_Unconstrained_UU_Component. Used
	to detect types that contain components of unconstrained Unchecked_Union
	subtype. Add condition to detect equality between types that have an
	unconstrained Unchecked_Union component, and build a Raise_Program_Error
	node. Add condition to detect equality between Unchecked_Union types
	that lack inferable discriminants, and build a Raise_Program_Error node.
	Otherwise build a TSS equality function call.
	(Expand_N_Type_Conversion): Add condition to detect illegal conversions
	from a derived Unchecked_Union to an unconstrained non-Unchecked_Union
	with the operand lacking inferable discriminants, and build a Raise_
	Program_Error node.
	(Expand_Record_Equality): Remove guard that prevents Unchecked_Union
	composite equality.
	(Has_Inferable_Discriminants): Implement new predicate for objects and
	expressions of Unchecked_Union type. Check the body of subprogram for
	details.
	(Has_Unconstrained_UU_Components): Add function
	Component_Is_Unconstrained_UU. It is used to detect whether a single
	component is of an unconstrained Unchecked_Union subtype. Add function
	Variant_Is_Unconstrained_UU. It is used to detect whether a single
	component inside a variant is of an unconstrained Unchecked_Union type.

	* exp_ch5.adb (Expand_Assign_Record): Add condition to copy the
	inferred discriminant values. Add condition to generate a case
	statement with an inferred discriminant as the switch.
	(Make_Component_List_Assign): Introduce a Boolean flag that determines
	the behaviour of the subprogram in the presence of an Unchecked_Union.
	Add condition to trigger the usage of the inferred discriminant value
	as the generated case statement switch.
	(Make_Field_Assign): Introduce a Boolean flag that determines the
	behaviour of the subprogram in the presence of an Unchecked_Union. Add
	condition to trigger the usage of the inferred discriminant value as
	the right-hand side of the generated assignment.

	* exp_ch6.adb (Expand_Call): Add condition to skip extra actual
	parameter generation when dealing with Unchecked_Unions.

	* checks.adb (Apply_Discriminant_Check): Do not apply discriminant
	checks for Unchecked_Unions.

	* einfo.ads: Update comment on usage of flag Has_Per_Object_Constraint

	* exp_attr.adb (Expand_N_Attribute_Reference): Produce
	Raise_Program_Error nodes for the execution of Read and Write
	attributes of Unchecked_Union types and the execution of Input and
	Output attributes of Unchecked_Union types that lack default
	discriminant values.

	* sem_prag.adb (Analyze_Pragma): Remodel the analysis of pragma
	Unchecked_Union. Add procedure Check_Component. It is used to inspect
	per-object constrained components of Unchecked_Unions for being
	Unchecked_Unions themselves. Add procedure Check_Variant. It is used to
	check individual components withing a variant.

	* sem_res.adb (Resolve_Comparison_Op): Remove guard that prevents
	comparison of Unchecked_Unions.
	(Resolve_Equality_OP): Remove guard that prevents equality between
	Unchecked_Unions.

	* sem_util.adb (Build_Component_Subtype): Add guard to prevent creation
	of component subtypes for Unchecked_Union components.
	(Get_Actual_Subtype): Add condition that returs the Unchecked_Union type
	since it is the actual subtype.

	* sem_ch12.adb (Instantiate_Type): Add condition to detect the correct
	pass of Unchecked_Union subtypes as generic actuals to formal types
	that lack known_discriminant_parts or that are derived Unchecked_Union
	types, and do nothing. In any other case, produce an error message.

	* sem_ch3.adb (Analyze_Component_Declaration): Add function
	Contains_POC. It determines whether a constraint uses the discriminant
	of an enclosing record type.
	Add condition to detect per-object constrained component and set the
	appropriate flag.
	(Derived_Type_Declaration): Remove guard that prevents derivation from
	Unchecked_Union types.
	(Process_Subtype): Remove quard that prevents the creation of Unchecked_
	Union subtypes.

	* sem_ch4.adb (Analyze_Selected_Component): Correct the detection of
	references to Unchecked_Union discriminants.

	* sem_ch6.adb (Create_Extra_Formals): Add condition to skip extra
	formal generation when dealing with Unchecked_Unions.
	(Set_Actual_Subtypes): Add condition to prevent generation of actual
	subtypes for Unchecked_Unions.

	* sem_ch7.adb (Analyze_Package_Specification): Add procedure
	Inspect_Unchecked_Union_Completion. It is used to detect incorrect
	completions of discriminated partial views by Unchecked_Unions and
	produce an error message.

2004-08-09  Richard Kenner  <kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>

	* trans.c (struct stmt_group): New field, GLOBAL.
	(global_stmt_group, gnu_elab_proc_decl, build_unit_elab): Deleted.
	(struct elab_info): New struct.
	(elab_info_list, gnu_elab_proc_stack): New variables.
	(Compilation_Unit_to_gnu): New procedure.
	(gigi): Call it and also handle elaboration procs we've saved.
	(gnat_init_stmt_group): Don't set global_stmt_group; instead initialize
	global field from parent.
	(gnat_to_gnu): Get decl from gnu_elab_proc_stack.
	(gnat_to_gnu, case N_Compilation_Unit): Call Compilation_Unit_to_gnu.
	(start_stmt_group): Initialize global field from parent.
	(add_decl_expr): Set to global for current statement group.
	(gnat_gimplify_expr, case NULL_EXPR): Add operand 0 to pre list, not
	post.

	* utils.c (global_bindings_p): True when no current_function_decl; no
	longer check current_binding_level.

2004-08-09  Ben Brosgol  <brosgol@gnat.com>

	* xgnatugn.adb: Added logic to deal with @ifset/@ifclear for edition
	choice.

	* gnat_rm.texi, gnat_ugn.texi: Added edition conditionalization logic.

2004-08-06  Andreas Schwab  <schwab@suse.de>

	* utils.c (gnat_define_builtin): Remove second parameter of
	make_decl_rtl.
	(begin_subprog_body): Likewise.

2004-08-14  Gerald Pfeifer  <gerald@pfeifer.com>
	    Dimitri Papadopoulos-Orfanos  <papadopo@shfj.cea.fr>
	    Dave Korn  <dk@artimi.com>

	* doc/install.texi (Building): Avoid duplicate reference to GNU
	make requirement.
	(*-*-solaris2*): Do not recommend GNU make any longer.  Simplify.

2004-08-14  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* config/alpha/alpha.h (PROMOTE_MODE): Don't promote vector types.
	* config/alpha/alpha.c (function_value): Use PROMOTE_MODE.

2004-08-13  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* config/i386/i386.md (call_1, sibcall_1, call_1_rex64): Use Pmode
	for constant_call_address_operand.
	(call_value_pop_1, call_value_1): Likewise.
	(sibcall_value_1, call_value_1_rex64): Likewise.

2004-08-13  James E Wilson  <wilson@specifixinc.com>

	* config/mips/sb1.md (ir_sb1_divdf_2pipes, ir_sb1_divdf_1pipe):
	Correct mode from SFmode to DFmode.

2004-08-13  Ziemowit Laski  <zlaski@apple.com>

	* config/darwin.h (EXTRA_SECTION_FUNCTIONS): Mark the __sel_fixup,
	__cstring_object and __image_info sections with the no_dead_strip
	attribute.

2004-08-13  Roger Sayle  <roger@eyesopen.com>
	    David Billinghurst  <David.Billinghurst@riotinto.com>

	PR libgfortran/15930
	* fixinc/inclhack.def (irix___generic1, irix___generic2): New.
	* fixinc/fixincl.x: Regenerate.
	* fixinc/tests/base/internal/math_core.h: New file.

2004-08-13  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* dbxout.c (NO_DBX_FUNCTION_END): Default to zero.
	(dbxout_function_end): Remove ifdefs for it.
	(dbxout_begin_prologue): Protect N_BNSYM with it, and gdb extensions.

2004-08-13  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* Makefile.in (insn-preds.o): Depend on TREE_H.
	* genpreds.c (write_insn_preds_c): Include tree.h.
	* config/alpha/alpha.c (reg_or_0_operand, reg_or_6bit_operand,
	reg_or_8bit_operand, cint8_operand, add_operand, sext_add_operand,
	const48_operand, and_operand, or_operand, mode_width_operand,
	mode_mask_operand, mul8_operand, const0_operand,
	hard_fp_register_operand, hard_int_register_operand,
	reg_or_cint_operand, some_operand, some_ni_operand, input_operand,
	samegp_function_operand, direct_call_operand, small_symbolic_operand,
	global_symbolic_operand, call_operand, symbolic_operand,
	dtp16_symbolic_operand, dtp32_symbolic_operand,
	gotdtp_symbolic_operand, tp16_symbolic_operand, tp32_symbolic_operand,
	gottp_symbolic_operand, alpha_comparison_operator,
	alpha_zero_comparison_operator, alpha_swapped_comparison_operator,
	signed_comparison_operator, alpha_fp_comparison_operator,
	divmod_operator, fix_operator, aligned_memory_operand,
	unaligned_memory_operand, reg_or_unaligned_mem_operand,
	any_memory_operand, reg_not_elim_operand, normal_memory_operand,
	reg_no_subreg_operand, addition_operation): Move to predicates.md.
	(reg_or_const_int_operand): Remove.  Replace all users with
	reg_or_cint_operand.
	(tls_symbolic_operand_1): Export.  Don't check mode or for CONST.
	(resolve_reload_operand): Split out of aligned_memory_operand.
	* config/alpha/alpha-protos.h: Update for exports.
	* config/alpha/alpha.h (PREDICATE_CODES): Remove.
	* config/alpha/alpha.md: Include predicates.md.
	* config/alpha/predicates.md: New file.

2004-08-13  Richard Sandiford  <rsandifo@redhat.com>

	* genattrtab.c (insn_ent): Replace insn_code, insn_index and lineno
	fields with a pointer to the instruction definition.
	(get_attr_value, fill_attr, make_length_attrs, remove_insn_ent)
	(insert_insn_ent, simplify_test_exp, optimize_attrs, write_attr_get)
	(write_attr_case, write_const_num_delay_slots): Update accordingly.
	(write_attr_case, write_const_num_delay_slots): Write the name of
	an insn next to its case statement.
	* genoutput.c (data): Add a filename field.
	(gen_insn, gen_peephole, gen_expand, gen_split): Set it.
	(output_insn_data): Print the location of each insn definition.
	* genrecog.c (write_action): Print the name of an insn above
	the statement that returns its code.

2004-08-12  Andrew Pinski  <pinskia@physics.uc.edu>

	* config/darwin-c.c (find_subframework_file): Fix spelling of cannot.
	* config/libgloss.h: Likewise.
	* config/arm/arm.c (arm_gen_load_multiple): Likewise.
	* c4x/c4x-modes.def: Likewise.
	* config/c4x/c4x.c (c4x_hard_regno_rename_ok): Likewise.
	(c4x_rptb_nop_p): Likewise.
	(c4x_rptb_valid_p): Likewise.
	(c4x_rptb_insert): Likewise.
	(c4x_address_conflict): Likewise.
	* config/c4x/c4x.md: Likewise.
	* config/frv/frv.md: Likewise.
	* config/i386/athlon.md: Likewise.
	* config/i386/i386.md: Likewise.
	* config/i386/predicates.md: Likewise.
	* config/ia64/ia64.c: Likewise.
	* config/ia64/itanium1.md: Likewise.
	* config/ia64/itanium2.md: Likewise.
	* config/iq2000/iq2000.md: Likewise.
	* config/mcore/mcore.c: Likewise.
	* config/mips/mips.c: Likewise.
	* config/mips/r3900.h: Likewise.
	* config/mips/sb1.md: Likewise.
	* config/pa/milli64.S: Likewise.
	* config/pa/pa.c: Likewise.
	* config/pa/pa.h: Likewise.
	* config/rs6000/8540.md: Likewise.

2004-08-13  Daniel Berlin  <dberlin@dberlin.org>

	* Makefile.in (BOOT_CFLAGS): Remove accidental addition of -dU.

2004-08-13  J"orn Rennecke <joern.rennecke@superh.com>

	* sh.md (cbranch define_delay) Use cond_delay_slot for
	non-anulled condition too.

2004-08-12  David Edelsohn  <edelsohn@gnu.org>

	* config/rs6000/rs6000.c (any_parallel_operand): New predicate.
	* config/rs6000/rs6000.h (PREDICATE_CODES): Add
	any_parallel_operand, lmw_operation, stmw_operation,
	mfcr_operation, mtcrf_operation.  Remove PARALLEL from any_operand.
	* config/rs6000/rs6000.md (save_fpregs_{si,di}): Use
	any_parallel_operand.
	(return_and_restore_fpregs_{si,di}): Same.

2004-08-12  Zack Weinberg  <zack@codesourcery.com>

	* genrecog.c (add_to_sequence): When processing a MATCH_PARALLEL,
	if pred->singleton != PARALLEL, issue a warning and pretend it was.
	Also issue a warning for any predicate we don't know about.

2004-08-12  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* config/i386/i386.c (internal_label_prefix): Export.
	(internal_label_prefix_len, struct ix86_address,
	ix86_decompose_address, maybe_get_pool_constant,
	ix86_fp_compare_code_to_integer, ix86_fp_comparison_codes,
	memory_address_length): Export.
	(any_fp_register_operand, fp_register_operand,
	register_and_not_any_fp_reg_operand, register_and_not_fp_reg_operand,
	x86_64_general_operand, x86_64_szext_general_operand,
	x86_64_nonmemory_operand, x86_64_movabs_operand,
	x86_64_szext_nonmemory_operand, x86_64_immediate_operand,
	x86_64_zext_immediate_operand, const_int_1_31_operand,
	symbolic_operand, pic_symbolic_operand, local_symbolic_operand,
	tls_symbolic_operand, global_dynamic_symbolic_operand,
	local_dynamic_symbolic_operand, initial_exec_symbolic_operand,
	local_exec_symbolic_operand, call_insn_operand, sibcall_insn_operand,
	constant_call_address_operand, const0_operand, const1_operand,
	const248_operand, const_0_to_3_operand, const_0_to_7_operand,
	const_0_to_15_operand, const_0_to_255_operand, incdec_operand,
	shiftdi_operand, reg_no_sp_operand, mmx_reg_operand,
	general_no_elim_operand, nonmemory_no_elim_operand,
	index_register_operand, q_regs_operand, flags_reg_operand,
	non_q_regs_operand, zero_extended_scalar_load_operand,
	vector_move_operand, no_seg_address_operand, sse_comparison_operator,
	ix86_comparison_operator, ix86_carry_flag_operator,
	fcmov_comparison_operator, promotable_binary_operator,
	cmp_fp_expander_operand, ext_register_operand, binary_fp_operator,
	mult_operator, div_operator, arith_or_logical_operator,
	memory_displacement_operand, cmpsi_operand, long_memory_operand,
	aligned_operand): Move to predicates.md as define_predicates.
	(tls_symbolic_operand_1): Remove.
	(x86_64_sign_extended_value): Merge into x86_64_immediate_operand.
	(x86_64_zero_extended_value): Merge into x86_64_zext_immediate_operand.
	(legitimize_address): Merge tls_symbolic_operand contents.
	(ix86_expand_move): Likewise.
	* config/i386/i386-protos.h: Update for exports.
	* config/i386/i386.h (EXTRA_CONSTRAINT): Update for renames.
	(PREDICATE_CODES, SPECIAL_MODE_PREDICATES): Remove.
	* config/i386/i386.md: Include predicates.md.
	* config/i386/predicates.md: New file.

2004-08-13  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	PR c++/16924
	* config/i386/winnt.c (i386_pe_mark_dllexport): Set
	SYMBOL_REF_DECL.
	(i386_pe_mark_dllimport): Likewise.
	(i386_pe_encode_section_info): Likewise, when overriding
	dllimport attribute.

2004-08-12  Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@apple.com>

	* configure.ac: When testing for flex, nm, ar, and bison, check
	that they will actually be built.
	* configure: Regenerate.

2004-08-12  Ulrich Weigand  <uweigand@de.ibm.com>

	* config/s390/s390.h (MAX_FIXED_MODE_SIZE): Define.
	(MOVE_MAX_PIECES): Define.

2004-08-12  Devang patel  <dpatel@apple.com>

	* dbxout.c (dbxout_begin_prologue): New function.
	(dbx_debug_hooks): Use new begin prologue hook.
	(dbxout_function_end): Emit N_ENSYM.
	* stab.def (N_BNSYM, N_ENSYM): Define and document these two new stabs.

2004-08-12  Janis Johnson  <janis187@us.ibm.com>

	* config/rs6000/altivec.h (vec_dst): Fix C++ functions whose first
	argument is float*.

	* config/rs6000/rs6000.c (altivec_init_builtins): Fix argument type
	for vec_dss.

	* doc/extend.texi (AltiVec builtins): Fix description for recent
	changes.  Update operation list to match current support.

2004-08-12  Andreas Krebbel  <krebbel1@de.ibm.com>

	* config/s390/s390.c (struct s390_frame_layout): New struct as element
	of struct machine_function.
	(cfun->machine->frame_size): Moved into cfun->machine->frame_layout and
	changed all uses.
	(cfun->machine->save_fprs_p): Replaced by cfun_save_high_fprs and
	changed all uses.
	(cfun_frame_layout, cfun_save_high_fprs_p, cfun_gprs_save_area_size)
	(cfun_set_fpr_bit, cfun_fpr_bit_p): New macros.
	(s390_frame_area, s390_register_info): New functions.
	(s390_optimize_prolog): Renamed to s390_optimize_prologue.  Added check
	for base register.
	(s390_return_addr_rtx, s390_return_address_offset)
	(s390_va_start, s390_gimplify_va_arg)
	(s390_emit_prologue, s390_emit_epilogue): Adjusted for new stack
	layouts.
	(s390_frame_info): Functionality partly moved to s390_register_info.
	Made adaptions for new stack layout.
	(save_gprs, restore_gprs): Changed meaning of second parameter and
	adapted all callers.

	* config/s390/s390.h (s390_backchain_string): New global variable.
	(MASK_BACKCHAIN): Removed definition.
	(TARGET_BACKCHAIN): Changed check.
	(TARGET_KERNEL_BACKCHAIN): New macro.
	(TARGET_SWITCHES): Removed entries of "backchain" and "no-backchain".
	(TARGET_OPTIONS): Added "backchain", "no-backchain" and
	"kernel-backchain".
	(DYNAMIC_CHAIN_ADDRESS): Adjusted for new stack layouts.

	* config/s390/s390.md ("allocate_stack"): Added TARGET_KERNEL_BACKCHAIN
	as condition.  Adjusted for new stack layout.

	* doc/invoke.texi: Added documentation for new option
	"-mkernel-backchain" and adjusted documentation of "-mbackchain" and
	"-mno-backchain".

2004-08-12  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* config/arm/lib1funcs.asm (ARM_FUNC_ALIAS): Also alias _L__name.
	(aeabi_uidivmod, aeabi_idivmod): Provide thumb implementation.

2004-08-12  David Daney  <ddaney@avtrex.com>

	* java/gcj.texi:  Add subsection on signal usage.

2004-08-12  David Edelsohn  <edelsohn@gnu.org>

	* expr.c (move_by_pieces): Set alignment for move to minimum of
	MOVE_MAX_PIECES mode alignment and the largest non-slow mode
	alignment, but not less than the original alignment.
	(move_by_pieces_ninsns): Same.
	(can_store_by_pieces): Similar for store with STORE_MAX_PIECES.
	(store_by_pieces_1): Same.

2004-08-12  Diego Novillo  <dnovillo@redhat.com>

	PR tree-optimization/16867
	* tree.c (is_global_var): New function.
	(needs_to_live_in_memory): Check for TREE_ADDRESSABLE.
	Call is_global_var.
	* tree.h (DECL_NEEDS_TO_LIVE_IN_MEMORY_INTERNAL): Remove.
	Update all users.
	(is_global_var): Declare.
	* tree-dfa.c (dump_variable): Display global and addressable
	attributes.
	(add_referenced_var): Clarify documentation when marking
	variables call-clobbered.
	* tree-flow-inline.h (is_call_clobbered): Call is_global_var
	instead of needs_to_live_in_memory.
	(mark_call_clobbered): If the variable is a tag, mark it
	DECL_EXTERNAL.
	* tree-gimple.c (is_gimple_reg): Don't check for
	TREE_ADDRESSABLE.
	(is_gimple_non_addressable): Likewise.
	* tree-ssa-alias.c (get_nmt_for): Always check whether the tag
	needs to be marked call-clobbered.
	(setup_pointers_and_addressables): Call is_global_var instead
	of needs_to_live_in_memory.
	* tree-ssa-dce.c (need_to_preserve_store): Remove.
	Update all users with is_global_var.
	(mark_stmt_if_obviously_necessary): Fix processing of aliased
	stores.  Don't check the virtual definitions.  Rather, check
	whether the store is going into global memory.
	(find_obviously_necessary_stmts): Get the symbol from the PHI
	result.
	* tree-ssa-operands.c (get_call_expr_operands): Do not add
	clobbering may-defs if the call does not have side effects.

2004-08-12  Jakub Jelinek  <jakub@redhat.com>

	PR c++/16276
	* output.h (default_function_rodata_section,
	default_no_function_rodata_section): New prototypes.
	* target.h (struct gcc_target): Add asm_out.function_rodata_section.
	* target-def.h (TARGET_ASM_FUNCTION_RODATA_SECTION): Define.
	(TARGET_ASM_OUT): Add it.
	* varasm.c (default_function_rodata_section,
	default_no_function_rodata_section): New functions.
	* final.c (final_scan_insn): Call
	targetm.asm_out.function_rodata_section instead of
	readonly_data_section.
	* config/darwin.h (TARGET_ASM_FUNCTION_RODATA_SECTION): Define.
	* config/mcore/mcore.c (TARGET_ASM_FUNCTION_RODATA_SECTION): Likewise.
	* config/ip2k/ip2k.c (TARGET_ASM_FUNCTION_RODATA_SECTION): Likewise.
	* config/rs6000/xcoff.h (TARGET_ASM_FUNCTION_RODATA_SECTION):
	Likewise.
	* config/alpha/alpha.c (TARGET_ASM_FUNCTION_RODATA_SECTION): Likewise.
	* config/i386/cygming.h (TARGET_ASM_FUNCTION_RODATA_SECTION):
	Likewise.
	* config/i386/i386-interix.h (TARGET_ASM_FUNCTION_RODATA_SECTION):
	Likewise.
	* config/arm/pe.h (TARGET_ASM_FUNCTION_RODATA_SECTION): Likewise.
	* config/avr/avr.c (TARGET_ASM_FUNCTION_RODATA_SECTION): Likewise.
	* doc/tm.texi (TARGET_ASM_FUNCTION_RODATA_SECTION): Document.

2004-08-12  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* dwarf2out.h (dwarf2out_frame_finish): Conditionalize outputting eh
	frame info.
	* doc/tm.texi: Document interaction between TARGET_UNWIND_INFO and
	DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO.

2004-08-12  Ben Elliston  <bje@au.ibm.com>

	PR target/16286
	* config/rs6000/altivec.h: Change vector to __vector throughout.
	(Except for the `vector' macro itself).

2004-08-12  Zack Weinberg  <zack@codesourcery.com>

	* genpreds.c: Add capability to generate predicate bodies as
	well as function prototypes.  Write function prototypes for
	the generic predicates too.
	(process_define_predicate, write_tm_preds_h, write_insn_preds_c)
	(write_predicate_subfunction, mark_mode_tests, add_mode_tests)
	(write_match_code, write_predicate_expr, write_one_predicate_function)
	(parse_option): New functions.
	(output_predicate_decls): Delete.
	(main): Read the machine description, process DEFINE_PREDICATE or
	DEFINE_SPECIAL_PREDICATE patterns, write tm-preds.h or insn-preds.c
	as appropriate.

	* genrecog.c (struct decision_test): Replace index with
	struct pred_data pointer.
	(next_index): Remove, unused.
	(pred_table, preds, special_mode_pred_table): Delete.
	(compute_predicate_codes, process_define_predicate): New functions.
	(validate_pattern, add_to_sequence, write_switch): Update for
	new data structures.
	(main): Handle DEFINE_PREDICATE and DEFINE_SPECIAL_PREDICATE.
	Check both error_count and have_error.

	* gensupport.c (in_fname, first_predicate): New globals.
	(define_pred_queue, define_pred_tail): New RTL-pattern queue.
	(predicate_table, last_predicate, old_pred_table)
	(old_special_pred_table): New statics.
	(hash_struct_pred_data, eq_struct_pred_data, lookup_predicate)
	(add_predicate, init_predicate_table): New functions.
	(process_rtx): Handle DEFINE_PREDICATE and DEFINE_SPECIAL_PREDICATE.
	(init_md_reader_args_cb): Use the global in_fname.  No need to zero
	it or max_include_len.  Call init_predicate_table.
	(read_rtx): Run the predicate queue after the attribute queue
	but before all the others.
	* gensupport.h (in_fname, struct pred_data, first_predicate)
	(lookup_predicate, add_predicate, FOR_ALL_PREDICATES): Declare.
	* rtl.def (MATCH_CODE, MATCH_TEST, DEFINE_PREDICATE)
	(DEFINE_SPECIAL_PREDICATE): New RTL codes.
	* dummy-conditions.c: Don't include bconfig.h, system.h,
	coretypes.h, tm.h, or system.h.  Do include stddef.h.
	Duplicate declaration of struct c_test from gensupport.h.

	* Makefile.in (OBJS-common): Add insn-preds.o.
	(STAGESTUFF, .PRECIOUS): Add insn-preds.c.
	(insn-preds.c, insn-preds.o): New rules.
	(s-preds): Also generate insn-preds.c.
	(dummy-conditions.o, genpreds$(build_exeext), genpreds.o):
	Update dependencies.
	(print-rtl.o, print-rtl1.o): Correct dependencies.

	* recog.h: Delete prototypes of predicate functions.

	* doc/md.texi (Predicates): New section with complete
	documentation of operand/operator predicates.  Remove some
	incomplete documentation of predicates from other places.
	* doc/tm.texi (Misc): Move SPECIAL_MODE_PREDICATES next to
	PREDICATE_CODES; indicate that both are deprecated in favor
	of define_predicate/define_special_predicate.

	* config/ia64/ia64.c: All predicate function definitions moved
	to ia64.md, except
	(small_addr_symbolic_operand, tls_symbolic_operand): Delete.
	(ia64_expand_load_address, ia64_expand_move):
	Check SYMBOL_REF_TLS_MODEL directly, don't use tls_symbolic_operand.

	* config/ia64/ia64.md: All predicates now defined here.
	(symbolic_operand): Is now a special predicate.

	* config/ia64/ia64.h: Declare ia64_section_threshold.
	(PREDICATE_CODES): Delete.

2004-08-12  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* c-common.h (STATEMENT_LIST_HAS_LABEL): New.
	* c-semantics.c (add_stmt): Set it.
	* c-decl.c (finish_decl): Use it to create a new BIND_EXPR
	before instantiating a variable sized type.

2004-08-12  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* stor-layout.c (round_up, round_down): Move ...
	* fold-const.c (round_up, round_down): ... here.  Use
	multiple_of_p to avoid any arithmetic at all.

2004-08-12  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* gimplify.c (struct gimplify_init_ctor_preeval_data): New.
	(gimplify_init_ctor_preeval_1): New.
	(gimplify_init_ctor_preeval): New.
	(gimplify_init_ctor_eval): New.
	(gimplify_init_constructor): Use them.  Always gimplify the LHS
	object first.

2004-08-12  Ziemowit Laski  <zlaski@apple.com>

	(This patch is part of merge of objc-improvements-branch
	into mainline.)

	* doc/frontends.texi: Mention Objective-C++ in addition to
	Objective-C.
	* doc/install.texi: Add 'obj-c++' to list of configurable
	languages.
	* doc/invoke.texi: Rename Objective-C option headings to
	indicate they also apply to Objective-C++.  List file
	extensions for Objective-C++ sources.  Mention that
	ObjC and ObjC++ compilations may also use C and C++ options,
	respectively.  Point users to doc/standards.texi for
	further info on ObjC and ObjC++.
	* doc/sourcebuild.texi: Mention the objcp/ directory and
	the Objective-C++ sources it contains.
	* doc/standards.texi: Update link to Apple ObjC site;
	add link to gcc readings.html WWW doc.

2004-08-12  Alan Modra  <amodra@bigpond.net.au>

	* config/rs6000/rs6000.c (function_arg_padding): Revert 2004-07-28
	and 2004-07-14 changes.

2004-08-12  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* doc/invoke.texi: Fix typo.

2004-08-11 Devang Patel  <dpatel@apple.com>

	* config/darwin.h (TARGET_OPTION_TRANSLATE_TABLE): Add -dead_strip
	and -no_dead_strip_inits_and_terms.
	(LINK_SPEC): Same.
	* doc/invoke.texi (Darwin Options): Document -dead_strip and
	-no_dead_strip_inits_and_terms.

2004-08-11  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* config/arm/arm-protos.h (arm_finalize_pic) Rename ...
	(arm_load_pic_register): ... to this.
	* config/arm/arm.c (arm_finalize_pic): Rename ...
	(arm_load_pic_register): ... to this.  Always output insns at the
	current location.  Load via low reg in thumb mode.
	(arm_expand_prologue): Call arm_load_pic_register.
	(thumb_expand_prologue): Ditto.
	* config/arm/arm.h (FINALIZE_PIC): Remove.
	* config/arm/arm.md (builtin_setjmp_receiver): Call
	arm_load_pic_register.

2004-08-11  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* arm.c (thumb_force_lr_save): Add prototype.
	(thumb_compute_save_reg_mask): New function.
	(thumb_find_work_register): New function.
	(arm_get_frame_offsets): Use thumb_compute_save_reg_mask.
	(thumb_unexpanded_epilogue): Ditto.  Remove redundant code.
	Don't clobber r3 when removing pretend args.
	(thumb_expand_prologue): Use thumb_compute_save_reg_mask.
	(thumb_output_function_prologue): Use new functions.
	(thumb_set_return_address): Use thumb_compute_save_reg_mask.
	* arm.h (THUMB_REG_PUSHED_P): Remove.

2004-08-11  James E Wilson  <wilson@specifixinc.com>

	PR rtl-optimization/16490
	* cfgrtl.c (cfg_layout_split_edge): Set global_live_at_start and
	global_live_at_end for new basic block if already set for other blocks.

2004-08-11 David Edelsohn  <edelsohn@gnu.org>

	* config/rs6000/rs6000.h (MAX_FIXED_MODE_SIZE): Define.

	* config/rs6000/rs6000.md (mfcr rlwinm patterns): Set length to 8.
	(mfcr rlwinm rlwinm patterns): Set length to 12.

2004-08-11  Andrew MacLeod  <amacleod@redhat.com>

	* tree-flow-inline.h (get_def_ops, get_use_ops, get_v_may_def_ops,
	get_vuse_ops,get_v_must_def_ops): Add operand structure reference.
	(get_v_may_def_result_ptr, get_v_may_def_op_ptr): New access struct.
	(start_ssa_stmt_operands): Delete.
	* tree-flow.h (struct stmt_ann_d): Replace operand vectors with new
	struct stmt_operands_d.
	(build_ssa_operands): New extern entry point.
	* tree-ssa-dom.c (record_equivalences_from_stmt): Remove operand
	building code, replace with create_ssa_artficial_load_stmt().
	* tree-ssa-operands.c (struct voperands_d): Delete.
	(allocate_v_may_def_optype): Allocate v_may_def_operand_type_t vector.
	(allocate_v_must_def_optype): Use sizeof (tree), not sizeof (tree *).
	(free_uses, free_defs, free_vuses, free_v_may_defs,
	free_v_must_defs): Remove dealloc parameter.
	(remove_vuses, remove_v_may_def, remove_v_must_defs): Delete.
	(finalize_ssa_defs, finalize_ssa_uses, finalize_ssa_v_may_defs,
	finalize_ssa_vuses, finalize_ssa_v_must_defs): Perform all operand
	vector comparisons, ssa_name reuse, and allocations here.
	(verify_start_operands): Delete.
	(finalize_ssa_stmt_operands): Set new operands by calling finalize
	routines.
	(start_ssa_stmt_operands): Move from tree-flow-inline.h.
	(append_def, append_usei): Simplify to simple accumulation.
	(append_v_may_def, append_vuse, append_v_must_def): Simplify to avoiding
	duplicates and simple accumulation.
	(free_ssa_operands): Free vectors in a stmt_operand structure.
	(build_ssa_operands): New. Create a new stmt_operand structure from
	a stmt and an old set of stmt_operands.
	(get_stmt_operands): Simplify and call build_ssa_operands.
	(get_expr_operands, get_asm_expr_operands, get_indirect_ref_operands,
	get_call_expr_operands, add_stmt_operand, add_call_clobber_ops,
	add_call_read_ops): Don't pass prev_vops around anymore.
	(note_addressable): Return if no stmt annotation.
	(copy_virtual_operands): Access v_may_def operands through a struct.
	(create_ssa_artficial_load_stmt): New.  Create a load stmt for DOM's
	hash tables without treating the stmt as a real stmt.
	* tree-ssa-operands.h (struct v_may_def_operand_type): New.  Access
	v_may_def def and use through a struct instead of 2 array elements.
	(struct v_may_def_optype_d): Use v_may_def_operand_type.
	(struct stmt_operands_d): New.  Struct for storing all operand vectors.

2004-08-11  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* config/arm/arm.c (arm_is_longcall_p): Update comment describing
	this funciton's behaviour.  Return true when the current function
	has a section attribute and -mlong-calls is in effect.
	* config/arm/arm.h (ARM_DECLARE_FUNCTION_SIZE): Do not set the
	short-call marker when -mlong-calls is in effect and the function
	has a section attribute.

2004-08-10  Zack Weinberg  <zack@codesourcery.com>

	* stmt.c (expand_return): If asked to return the RESULT_DECL,
	just call expand_value_return on result_rtl.

2004-08-10  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* builtins.def (BUILT_IN_STACK_ALLOC): Remove.
	* builtins.c (expand_builtin) <BUILT_IN_STACK_ALLOC>: Remove.
	* dwarf2out.c (loc_descriptor): Handle PARALLEL here ...
	(add_location_or_const_value_attribute): ... not here.  Use
	loc_descriptor_from_tree if possible.
	(loc_descriptor_from_tree_1): Rename from loc_descriptor_from_tree.
	Simplify address handling.  Handle DECL_VALUE_EXPR.  Handle register
	values specially.
	(loc_descriptor_from_tree): New.  Update callers.
	* expr.c (expand_var): Ignore DECL_VALUE_EXPR variables.
	* gimplify.c (gimplify_decl_expr): Lower variable sized types to
	pointer plus dereference.  Set DECL_VALUE_EXPR.  Set save_stack.
	(gimplify_call_expr): Do not recognize BUILT_IN_STACK_ALLOC
	and BUILT_IN_STACK_RESTORE.
	(gimplify_expr): Lower DECL_VALUE_EXPR decls.
	* stmt.c (expand_stack_alloc): Remove.
	* tree-mudflap.c (mx_register_decls): Don't look for
	BUILT_IN_STACK_ALLOC.
	* tree-nested.c (convert_local_reference): Likewise.
	* tree.h (DECL_VALUE_EXPR): New.

2004-08-10  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* stor-layout.c (round_up): Check for 0/1 before dividing.
	(round_down): Likewise.

	* tree-tailcall.c (suitable_for_tail_opt_p): Also check DECL_EXTERNAL.

2004-08-09  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	* config.gcc (arm*-*-eabi*): New target.
	* defaults.h (TARGET_LIBGCC_FUNCS): New macro.
	(TARGET_LIB_INT_CMP_BIASED): Likewise.
	* expmed.c (expand_divmod): Try a two-valued divmod function as a
	last resort.
	* gthr.h: Remove bogus tokens at end of #pragma.
	* optabs.c (expand_twoval_binop_libfunc): New function.
	(prepare_cmp_insn): Handle the !TARGET_LIB_INT_CMP_BIASED case.
	(prepare_float_lib_cmp): Try reversing the condition.
	(debug_optab_libfuncs): New function.
	* optabs.h (expand_twoval_binop_libfunc): Declare.
	* config/arm/arm.c (arm_init_libfuncs): New function.
	(arm_compute_initial_eliminatino_offset): Return HOST_WIDE_INT.
	(TARGET_INIT_LIBFUNCS): Define it.
	* config/arm/arm.h (TARGET_BPABI): New macro.
	* config/arm/arm-protos.h
	(arm_compute_initial_elimination_offset): Return HOST_WIDE_INT.
	* config/arm/bpabi.S: New file.
	* config/arm/bpabi.c: Likewise.
	* config/arm/bpabi.h: Likewise.
	* config/arm/ieee754-df.S (__aeabi_dneg): New function or alias.
	(__aeabi_drsub): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_dsub): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_dadd): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_ui2d): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_i2d): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_f2d): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_dmul): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_ddiv): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_cdrcmple): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_cdcmpeq): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_cdcmple): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_dcmpeq): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_dcmplt): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_dcmple): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_dcmpge): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_dcmpgt): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_dcmpun): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_d2iz): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_d2uiz): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_d2f): Likewise.
	* config/arm/ieee754-sf.S (__aeabi_fneg): New function or alias.
	(__aeabi_frsub): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_fsub): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_fadd): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_ui2f): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_i2f): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_fmul): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_fdiv): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_cfrcmple): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_cfcmpeq): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_cfcmple): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_fcmpeq): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_fcmplt): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_fcmple): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_fcmpge): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_fcmpgt): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_fcmpun): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_f2iz): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_f2uiz): Likewise.
	* config/arm/lib1funcs.asm (ARM_CALL): New macro.
	(__aeabi_uidivmod): New function or alias.
	(__aeabi_idivmod): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_idiv0): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_ldiv0): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_llsr): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_lasr): Likewise.
	(__aeabi_llsl): Likewise.
	(bpabi.S): Include it.
	* config/arm/libgcc-bpabi.ver: New file.
	* config/arm/symbian.h (ARM_DEFAULT_ABI): Remove.
	(LINK_SPEC): Remove.
	* config/arm/t-arm-elf (LIB1ASMFUNCS): Add __aeabi_lcmp and
	__aeabi_ulcmp.
	* config/arm/t-bpabi: New file.
	* doc/tm.texi (TARGET_LIBGCC_FUNCS): New entry.
	(TARGET_LIB_INT_CMP_BIASED): Likewise.

2004-08-10  David Edelsohn  <edelsohn@gnu.org>

	* config/rs6000/rs6000-protos.h (expand_block_clear): Declare.
	* config/rs6000/rs6000.md (clrmemsi): New pattern.
	* config/rs6000/rs6000.c (expand_block_clear): New function.
	(expand_block_move): Convert alignment to bits.  Use SImode and
	HImode for unaligned addresses if not STRICT_ALIGNMENT.

2004-08-10  Caroline Tice  <ctice@apple.com>

	* varasm.c (unlikely_section_label): New global variable.
	(unlikely_text_section_name): New global variable.
	(text_section):  Remove alignment statement.
	(unlikely_text_section): Remove alignment statement; use
	unlikely_section_label rather than hard-coded string.
	(assemble_start_function): Initialize unlikely_section_label and
	unlikely_text_section_name;  make sure cold section is properly
	aligned at start of function; output unlikely_section_label if
	appropriate.

2004-08-10  Ulrich Weigand  <uweigand@de.ibm.com>

	* config/s390/s390-protos.h (s390_canonicalize_comparison): Declare.
	* config/s390/s390.c (s390_canonicalize_comparison): New function.
	* config/s390/s390.h (CANONICALIZE_COMPARISON): Define.
	* config/s390/s390.md ("*tmdi_ext", "*tmsi_ext", "*tmqisi_ext",
	"*tmqidi_ext", "*tmdi_mem", "*tmsi_mem", "*tmhi_mem"): Remove.
	("*tmqi_mem"): Remove SUBREG from pattern.
	("*anddi3_cconly"): Prevent accidentally matching TM pattern.
	("*andsi3_cconly"): Likewise.

2004-08-10  H.J. Lu  <hongjiu.lu@intel.com>

	PR target/16909
	* config/i386/i386.md (*strsetdi_rex_1): Use DI instead of SI.

2004-08-10  Janis Johnson  <janis187@us.ibm.com>

	* doc/sourcebuild.texi (compat testing): Document available test
	framework commands.  Use the preferred spelling of DejaGnu.

2004-08-10  Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org>

	* lambda.h: Add matrix type, and prototypes for remainder of
	matrix and vector functions.
	(lambda_vector_mult_const): New function.
	(lambda_vector_negate): Ditto.
	(lambda_vector_add): Ditto.
	(lambda_vector_add_mc): Ditto.
	(lambda_vector_copy): Ditto.
	(lambda_vector_zerop): Ditto.
	(lambda_vector_equal): Ditto.
	(lambda_vector_min_nz): Ditto.
	(lambda_vector_first_nz): Ditto.
	(lambda_vector_matrix_mult): Ditto.
	* lambda-mat.c: New file.
	* Makefile.in (lambda-mat.o): New.

2004-08-10  Andrew MacLeod  <amacleod@redhat.com>

	* tree-cfg.c (bsi_insert_before, bsi_insert_after): Call modify_stmt
	after linking stmt into the program.
	(bsi_remove): Don't call modify_stmt.
	* tree-complex.c (update_complex_assignment,
	expand_complex_comparison): Call modify_stmt after changing the stmt.
	* tree-outof-ssa.c (rewrite_trees): Call modify_stmt only if not
	removing the stmt.
	* tree-ssa-ccp.c (substitute_and_fold): Call modify_stmt after changing
	the stmt, and only if needed.
	* tree-ssa-dom.c (thread_across_edge): Pass no annotation for a dummy
	expression.
	(simplify_rhs_and_lookup_avail_expr): Don't take an annotation param.
	(simplify_cond_and_lookup_avail_expr): Use modify_stmt.
	(simplify_switch_and_lookup_avail_expr): Don't take an annotation param.
	(eliminate_redundant_computations): Don't pass an annotation. Call
	modify_stmt rather than setting the annotation directly.
	(record_equivalences_from_stmt): Remove unused local 'j'.
	(cprop_operand): Take a stmt rather than an annotation as a parameter.
	Call modify_stmt.
	(cprop_into_stmt): Pass stmt rather than annotation.
	(update_rhs_and_lookup_avail_expr): Call modify_stmt.
	* tree-ssa-loop-im.c (schedule_sm): Call get_stmt_ann rather than
	modify_stmt.
	* tree-ssa.c (propagate_into_addr): Dont call modify_stmt.

2004-08-10  Jason Merrill  <jason@redhat.com>

	PR middle-end/16948
	* function.c (expand_function_start): Handle DECL_BY_REFERENCE on
	the RESULT_DECL.

2004-08-10  Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@apple.com>

	* tree-vn.c (val_expr_pair_expr_eq): Compare vuses, to match the
	hash function.

2004-08-10  Roger Sayle  <roger@eyesopen.com>

	* config/mips/mips.md: New reciprocal square root patterns that
	match sqrt(1.0/x) in addition to the existing 1.0/sqrt(x) insns.

2004-08-10  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* config/arm/arm-protos.h (arm_set_return_address,
	thumb_set_return_address): Add prototypes.
	* config/arm/arm.h (ARM_FT_EXCEPTION_HANDLER): Remove.
	* config/arm/arm.c (arm_compute_func_type,
	use_return_insn, arm_compute_save_reg0_reg12_mask,
	arm_compute_save_reg_mask, arm_output_function_prologue,
	arm_output_epilogue): Replace ARM_FT_EXCEPTION_HANDLER with
	current_function_calls_eh_return.
	(thumb_exit, thumb_pushpop, thumb_unexpanded_epilogue): Replace
	old eh code.
	(arm_set_return_address, thumb_set_return_address): New functions.
	* config/arm/arm.h (MUST_USE_SJLJ_EXCEPTIONS, DWARF2_UNWIND_INFO,
	ARM_EH_STACKADJ_REGNUM, EH_RETURN_STACKADJ_RTX): Define.
	* config/arm/arm.md (VUNSPEC_EH_RETURN): Add.
	(epilogue): Use the stackadj register.
	(eh_return, arm_eh_return, thumb_eh_return): New pattern.

2004-08-10  Jakub Jelinek  <jakub@redhat.com>

	PR target/3144
	* expr.c (move_by_pieces_ninsns): Add max_size argument.
	(MOVE_BY_PIECES_P): Pass MOVE_MAX_PIECES + 1 to it.
	(CLEAR_BY_PIECES_P): Pass STORE_MAX_PIECES + 1 to it.
	(STORE_BY_PIECES_P): Define similarly to CLEAR_BY_PIECES_P,
	but using MOVE_RATIO.
	(move_by_pieces): Pass max_size to move_by_pieces_ninsns.
	(can_store_by_pieces): Change max_size type to unsigned int.
	(store_by_pieces_1): Likewise.  Pass max_size to
	move_by_pieces_ninsns.
	* config/s390/s390.h (STORE_BY_PIECES_P): Define.
	* config/sh/sh.c (MOVE_BY_PIECES_P): Pass MOVE_MAX_PIECES + 1
	to move_by_pieces_ninsns.
	(STORE_BY_PIECES_P): Define.
	* config/ns32k/ns32k.h (STORE_BY_PIECES_P): Pass STORE_MAX_PIECES + 1
	to move_by_pieces_ninsns.
	* doc/tm.texi (STORE_BY_PIECES_P): Document changed default.

	* config/i386/i386.h (CLEAR_RATIO): Define.

2004-08-09  Paolo Bonzini  <bonzini@gnu.org>

	* expr.c (expand_expr_real_1): Add back code that was not dead.

2004-08-09  Andrew Pinski  <apinski@apple.com>

	* c-common.c (c_common_get_alias_set): Set the aliasing set of the type
	which is found to be compatible before returning the aliasing set.

2004-08-09  Daniel Jacobowitz  <dan@debian.org>

	* ggc-zone.c (struct alloc_zone): Add statistics counters.
	(always_collect): New flag.
	(ggc_alloc_zone_1): Update statistics support.  Don't include
	overhead in allocated counter.
	(sweep_pages): Update allocated counter for large pages.  Don'y
	include overhead.
	(ggc_collect_1): Always collect.
	(ggc_collect): Honor always_collect flag.  Sum all zones to decide
	whether to collect.
	(SCALE, LABEL): New macros.
	(ggc_print_statistics): Add statistics support.

2004-08-09  Roger Sayle  <roger@eyesopen.com>

	* expmed.c (sdiv_pow2_cheap, smod_pow2_cheap): Change type to bool.
	(init_expmed): Fix potential overrun problem with "all.reg".
	(expand_sdiv2_pow2): Add an alternate implementation for signed
	division, if the target provides a suitable conditional move insn.

2004-08-09  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>
	Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* unwind-dw2.c (uw_install_context_1): Update target saved stack
	pointer.

2004-08-09  Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@apple.com>

	* ggc-common.c (ggc_rlimit_bound): Don't check RSS limit.
	Check DATA limit only if there's no AS limit.  Ignore insanely
	low DATA limits.
	(ggc_min_heapsize_heuristic): Don't divide AS or RSS limits by 8,
	but take care that the AS limit isn't overrun.
	* doc/invoke.texi: Update documentation of min-heapsize parameter.

2004-08-09  Jeff Law  <law@redhat.com>

	* Makefile.in (OBJC-common): Add tree-ssa-threadupdate.c
	(tree-ssa-threadupdate.o): Add dependencies.
	* tree-ssa-threadupdate.c: New file.
	* tree-flow.h (incoming_edge_threaded): New flag in block annotation.
	(rewrite_vars_out_of_ssa): Remove prototype.
	(cleanup_tree_cfg): Returns a bool.
	* tree.h (thread_through_all_blocks): Prototype.
	* tree-outof-ssa.c  (SSANORM_*): Move into here.
	(remove_ssa_form): Now static.
	(rewrite_vars_out_of_ssa): Kill.
	* tree-ssa-live.c (register_ssa_partitions_for_vars): Kill.
	* tree-ssa-live.h (SSANORM_*): Moved into tree-outof-ssa.c.
	(remove_ssa_form, register_partitions_for_vars): Kill declarations.
	* tree-cfg.c (cleanup_tree_cfg): Return a value indicating if
	anything was changed.
	* tree-phinodes.c (add_phi_arg): Get the block for the PHI
	from the PHI's annotation rather than the edge associated with
	the new argument.
	* tree-ssa-dom.c (redirection_edges): Kill.
	(redirect_edges_and_update_ssa_graph): Kill.
	(tree_ssa_dominator_optimize): Do not reset forwardable flag
	for blocks anymore.  Do not initialize redirection_edges.
	Call thread_through_all_blocks.  Simplify code for cleanup
	of the CFG and iterating.  No longer call cleanup_tree_cfg
	outside the iteration loop.
	(thread_across_edge): No longer mess with forwardable blocks.

2004-08-09  Zack Weinberg  <zack@codesourcery.com>

	* explow.c (memory_address): Use memory_address_p.
	* recog.c (general_operand): Likewise.
	* regrename.c: No need to define REG_OK_STRICT.

2004-08-09  Steven Bosscher  <stevenb@suse.de>

	* timevar.def (TV_CPROP1, TV_CPROP2, TV_PRE, TV_HOIST, TV_LSM):
	New timers.
	* gcse.c: Include timevar.h.
	(const_prop_count, copy_prop_count): Rename to global_const_prop_count
	and global_copy_prop_count.
	(local_const_prop_count, local_copy_prop_count): New static globals.
	(gcse_main): Set the right timevar for each pass.
	(cprop_jump): Increment global_const_prop_count when a constant is
	propagated.  Add "GLOBAL" to dump output.
	(cprop_insn): Increment global_const_prop_count when a constant is
	propagated, or global_copy_prop_count when a copy is propagated.
	(do_local_cprop): Likewise for local_const_prop_count and
	local_copy_prop_count.
	(one_cprop_pass): Initialize const/cprop counters to zero.
	Print out results of local and global const/cprop separately.
	(bypass_block): Break over-length line.
	* Makefile.in (gcse.o): Add TIMEVAR_H dependency.  Fix dependencies
	for bb-reorder.o and tracer.o.

2004-08-09  Paolo Bonzini  <bonzini@gnu.org>

	* Makefile.in (GTFILES): Remove stmt.c
	(stmt.o): Do not depend on gt-stmt.h.
	* emit-rtl.c (emit_line_note): Do not call
	set_file_and_line_for_stmt.
	* expr.c (expand_expr_real_1) <SWITCH_EXPR>: Let expand_case
	do everything.
	* function.c (free_after_parsing): Do not free STMT field.
	(allocate_struct_function): Do not call init_stmt_for_function.
	(assign_stack_temp_for_type): Do not accept values of keep
	other than 0 or 1.
	(init_temp_slots): Do not initialize removed variables.
	* function.h (struct function): Remove STMT, X_TARGET_TEMP_SLOT_LEVEL
	and X_VAR_TEMP_SLOT_LEVEL fields.
	* rtl.h (set_file_and_line_for_stmt): Remove.
	* stmt.c (struct nesting, ALLOC_NESTING, POPSTACK,
	struct stmt_status, cond_stack, case_stack, nesting_stack,
	nesting_depth, emit_locus, set_file_and_line_for_stmt,
	same_case_target_p, init_stmt_for_function, emit_nop,
	expand_start_cond, expand_start_elseif, expand_start_else,
	expand_elseif, expand_end_cond): Remove.
	(preserve_subexpressions_p): Remove references to CFUN->STMT.
	(expand_start_case, expand_end_case_type): Remove, merge into...
	(expand_case): ... this one, including other bits from
	expand_expr_real_1.  Inline same_case_target_p.  Turn members
	of CASE_STACK into local variables.
	(emit_case_bit_tests): Inline same_case_target_p.
	(add_case_node): Add HEAD argument, return new head of the list,
	do not handle default label here.
	* tree.h (expand_start_cond, expand_end_cond, expand_start_else,
	expand_start_elseif, current_nesting_level, expand_start_case,
	expand_end_case_type, expand_end_case, add_case_node,
	init_stmt_for_function, expand_elseif): Remove prototypes.
	(expand_case): Add prototype.

2004-08-09  Paolo Bonzini  <bonzini@gnu.org>

	* expr.c (expand_expr_real_1): Use optab_for_tree_code.

2004-08-09  Paolo Bonzini  <bonzini@gnu.org>

	* expr.c (var_rtx): Remove.
	(expand_expr_real_1) <LOOP_EXPR, EXIT_EXPR,
	LABELED_BLOCK_EXPR, EXIT_BLOCK_EXPR, TRUTH_ANDIF_EXPR,
	TRUTH_ORIF_EXPR, COMPOUND_EXPR, CONJ_EXPR, INIT_EXPR>:
	Abort.
	(expand_expr_real_1) <COND_EXPR>: Remove most special cases.
	* optabs.c (emit_clr_insn, emit_0_to_1_insn): Remove.
	* optabs.h (emit_clr_insn, emit_0_to_1_insn): Remove.

2004-08-08  Mostafa Hagog  <mustafa@il.ibm.com>
	Ayal Zaks <zaks@il.ibm.com>

	* common.opt (freschedule-modulo-scheduled-loops): New flag.
	* final.c (final_scan_insn): Handle NOTE_DISABLE_SCHED_OF_BLOCK.
	* modulo-sched.c (sms_schedule): Emit a note to disable scheduling
	when -freschedule-modulo-scheduled-loops flag is not specified.
	(sms_schedule_by_order, ps_insn_advance_column, add_node_to_ps,
	add_node_to_ps, ps_has_conflicts, ps_add_node_check_conflicts):
	More accurate placing of insn in row of partial schedule.
	(ps_insn_find_column): New function.
	* rtl.h (NOTE_DISABLE_SCHED_OF_BLOCK): New note.
	* sched-rgn.c (sched_is_disabled_for_current_region_p): New.
	(schedule_region): Use sched_is_disabled_for_current_region_p.
	* docs/invoke.texi: Document -freschedule-modulo-scheduled-loops.

2004-08-07  H.J. Lu  <hongjiu.lu@intel.com>

	* config/i386/i386.c (ix86_expand_clrmem): Revert the last
	change.

2004-08-07  H.J. Lu  <hongjiu.lu@intel.com>

	* config/i386/i386.c (ix86_expand_clrmem): Properly call
	gen_strset for 64bit target.

2004-08-07  Olivier Hainque  <hainque@act-europe.fr>

	* config/vxworks.h (HANDLE_SYSV_PRAGMA): Remove definition.

2004-08-07  Jason Merrill  <jason@redhat.com>

	Make return in memory explicit.
	* function.c (aggregate_value_p): Check DECL_BY_REFERENCE.
	(assign_parm_find_data_types): Remove code for old front end
	invisible reference handling.
	(assign_parms): Handle DECL_BY_REFERENCE on the RESULT_DECL.
	(expand_function_end): Likewise.
	* gimplify.c (gimplify_return_expr): Handle a dereferenced
	RESULT_DECL.
	* tree-inline.c (copy_body_r): Don't bother looking for &* anymore.
	(declare_return_variable): Handle DECL_BY_REFERENCE.
	* cp/cp-gimplify.c (is_invisiref_parm): Also handle RESULT_DECL.
	(cp_genericize_r): Use convert_from_reference.
	Don't dereference a RESULT_DECL directly inside a RETURN_EXPR.
	(cp_genericize): Handle the RESULT_DECL.  Unset TREE_ADDRESSABLE.

	* c-common.c (c_warn_unused_result): Check TREE_USED before
	warning about a CALL_EXPR with an unused value.

2004-08-06  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	* config/arm/symbian.h (CC1_SPEC): Avoid passing duplicate options
	to the compiler.  Use -fshort-wchar by default.

2004-08-06  Pat Haugen  <pthaugen@us.ibm.com>

	* params.def (PARAM_MIN_CROSSJUMP_INSNS): New.
	* cfgcleanup.c (try_crossjump_to_edge): Add minimum insn match
	threshhold.
	* doc/invoke.texi (param): Document min-crossjump-insns.

2004-08-06  Richard Sandiford  <rsandifo@redhat.com>

	PR c/13282
	* c.opt (Wmissing-field-initializers): New option.
	* c-opts.c (c_common_post_options): Make -Wextra turn it on by default.
	* c-typeck.c (pop_init_level): Guard the missing field warning with
	warn_missing_field_initializers rather than extra_warnings.
	* doc/invoke.texi (-Wmissing-field-initializers): Document, moving
	some of the explanation from...
	(-Wextra): ...here.  Say that the missing field warning can be
	seperately controlled by -Wmissing-field-initializers.

2004-08-06  Paolo Bonzini  <bonzini@gnu.org>

	* expr.c (expand_expr_real_1) <ENTRY_VALUE_EXPR>: Remove.
	* tree-inline.c (estimate_num_insns_1) <ENTRY_VALUE_EXPR>: Remove.
	* tree-pretty-print.c (dump_generic_node) <ENTRY_VALUE_EXPR>: Remove.
	* tree.def (ENTRY_VALUE_EXPR): Remove.

2004-08-06  Jakub Jelinek  <jakub@redhat.com>

	* config/i386/i386.c (ix86_expand_clrmem): Move gen_cld down to
	the places where it is actually needed.  Don't use repz; stosb
	for -Os with sufficiently small constant sizes.
	For sufficiently small repz; stos{l,q} repeat counts use a sequence
	of stos{l,q} instructions instead.

2004-08-06  Zdenek Dvorak  <rakdver@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>

	PR tree-optimization/16807
	* loop-iv.c (dump_iv_info): Dump invariants correctly.
	(iv_subreg, iv_extend): Express value of invariant purely in
	base field.

2004-08-06  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	* config/arm/symbian.h (CC1_SPEC): Add -fno-short-enums.
	(CC1PLUS_SPEC): Define it to be the same as CC1_SPEC.

2004-08-06  Roman Zippel  <zippel@linux-m68k.org>

	* config/m68k/m68k.c (post_inc_operand,pre_dec_operand): New.
	* config/m68k/m68k.h (PREDICATE_CODES): add post_inc_operand,
	pre_dec_operand.
	* config/m68k/m68k.md (zero_extend*2): delay the splitting of the
	pattern until reload is finished to allow better code generation
	and split them completely into separate instrunctions.
	(*andsi3_split): New pattern.

2004-08-05  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	* tree.c (handle_dll_attribute): Move here from i383/winnt.c.
	Replace use of DECL_INLINE with DECL_DECLARED_INLINE_P.  Set
	DECL_VISIBLITY.  Test TARGET_DLLIMPORT_DECL_ATTRIBUTES with #if.
	* tree.h (handle_dll_attribute): Declare.  Test
	TARGET_DLLIMPORT_DECL_ATTRIBUTES with #if.
	* c-common.h (c_determine_visibility): Declare.
	* c-common.c (c_determine_visibility): New function.
	* c-decl.c (finish_decl): Use it.
	(finish_function): Likewise.
	* defaults.h (TARGET_DLLIMPORT_DECL_ATTRIBUTES): Define it to
	zero, by default.  Use #if, not	#ifdef, to test it.
	* config/arm/arm.c (arm_attribute_table): Use
	handle_dll_attribute.  Test TARGET_DLLIMPORT_DECL_ATTRIBUTES with
	#if.
	* config/arm/pe.h (TARGET_DLLIMPORT_DECL_ATTRIBUTES): Define to 1.
	* config/i386/cygming.h (TARGET_DLLIMPORT_DECL_ATTRIBUTES): Define
	to 1.
	* config/i386/i386-protos.h (ix86_handle_dll_attribute): Remove.
	* config/i386/i386.c (ix86_attribute_table): Use
	handle_dll_attribute for dllimport/dllexport.  Test
	TARGET_DLLIMPORT_DECL_ATTRIBUTES with #if.
	* config/i386/winnt.c (ix86_handle_dll_attribute): Remove.
	* config/mcore/mcore.h (TARGET_DLLIMPORT_DECL_ATTRIBUTES): Define
	it to 1.
	* config/mcore/mcore.c (TARGET_DLLIMPORT_DECL_ATTRIBUTES): Test it
	with #if.
	* config/sh/symbian-pre.h (TARGET_DLLIMPORT_DECL_ATTRIBUTES): Define
	it to 1.
	* doc/extend.texi (dllexport): Clarify and correct documentation.
	(dllimport): Likewise.
	* doc/tm.texi (TARGET_DLLIMPORT_DECL_ATTRIBUTES): Mention
	handle_dll_attribute.

2004-08-05  Zdenek Dvorak  <rakdver@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>

	* tree-ssa-loop-manip.c: New file.
	* Makefile.in (tree-ssa-loop-manip.o): Add.
	* tree-flow.h (rewrite_into_loop_closed_ssa, verify_loop_closed_ssa):
	Declare.
	* tree-ssa-loop.c (tree_loop_optimizer_init): Create loop closed ssa
	form.
	(tree_ssa_loop_done): Verify loop closed ssa form.
	* tree-ssa-loop-im.c (move_computations): Update loop closed ssa form.

2004-08-05  John David Anglin  <dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca>

	* pa.c (pa_asm_output_aligned_bss, pa_asm_output_aligned_common,
	pa_asm_output_aligned_local): New functions.
	* pa-protos.h: Add prototypes for pa_asm_output_aligned_bss,
	pa_asm_output_aligned_common and pa_asm_output_aligned_local.
	* pa-pro-end.h (ASM_OUTPUT_ALIGNED_COMMON): Use
	pa_asm_output_aligned_common.
	(ASM_OUTPUT_ALIGNED_LOCAL): Use pa_asm_output_aligned_local.
	* pa.h (ASM_OUTPUT_ALIGNED_BSS): New macro.
	(ASM_OUTPUT_ALIGNED_COMMON): Use pa_asm_output_aligned_common.
	(ASM_OUTPUT_ALIGNED_LOCAL): Use pa_asm_output_aligned_local.
	* pa64-hpux.h (MAX_OFILE_ALIGNMENT): New macro.
	(ASM_OUTPUT_ALIGNED_COMMON): Use pa_asm_output_aligned_common.
	(ASM_OUTPUT_ALIGNED_LOCAL): Use pa_asm_output_aligned_local.
	* som.h (MAX_OFILE_ALIGNMENT): Provide maximum alignment of global
	common data.

2004-08-05  Andrew Pinski  <apinski@apple.com>

	* objc/objc-act.c (build_objc_string_object): Mark the address
	expression as constant.

2004-08-05  David Edelsohn  <edelsohn@gnu.org>

	* config/rs6000/rs6000.c (rs6000_rtx_costs): Fix mask_operand
	and mask64_operand thinkos.  Handle ZERO_EXTRACT.  Handle
	SIGN_EXTEND / ZERO_EXTEND of MEM.  Handle rlwinm patterns.

2004-08-05  Joseph S. Myers  <jsm@polyomino.org.uk>

	* config/linux.h, config/i386/linux.h, config/sparc/linux.h:
	Remove definitions conditioned on USE_GNULIBC_1 or conditioned
	out, and associated obsolete comments.

2004-08-05  Nathan Sidwell  <nathan@codesourcery.com>

	* tree.h (force_fit_type): Return a tree, take three flags.
	* fold-const.c (force_fit_type): Set TREE_OVERFLOW and
	TREE_CONSTANT_OVERFLOW here.
	(int_const_binop, const_binop): Adjust.
	(size_int_type): Do sign extension here.
	(fold_convert_const, optimize_bit_field_compare,
	decode_field_reference, all_ones_mask_p, fold_div_compare, fold,
	fold_negate_const, fold_abs_const, fold_not_const): Adjust.
	* tree.c (size_in_bytes, int_fits_type_p): Adjust.

2004-08-05  Zdenek Dvorak  <rakdver@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>

	PR tree-optimization/16864
	* tree-tailcall.c (eliminate_tail_call): Do not create phi nodes
	for ssa names without default_def.

2004-08-05  Richard Sandiford  <rsandifo@redhat.com>

	* config/i386/i386.c (ix86_expand_prologue): If the function uses a
	frame pointer, restore eax with an ebp-relative address.

2004-08-04  Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@apple.com>

	PR 14516
	* c-common.c (c_expand_decl): Don't special-case static VAR_DECLs.
	* c-common.h (make_rtl_for_local_static): Delete.
	* c-decl.c (shadow_tag_warned): Clean up comment.
	(finish_decl): Clean up spacing.  Use set_user_assembler_name when
	appropriate.  Don't pass asmspec to rest_of_decl_compilation.
	* c-semantics.c (make_rtl_for_local_static): Delete.
	* expr.c (init_block_move_fn): Use set_user_assembler_name.
	(init_block_clear_fn): Likewise.
	* passes.c (rest_of_decl_compilation): Remove asmspec parameter,
	expect it to be in DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME.  Update callers in many files.
	* toplev.h (rest_of_decl_compilation): Remove asmspec parameter.
	* tree.h (make_decl_rtl): Remove second parameter.
	(set_user_assembler_name): New.
	* varasm.c (set_user_assembler_name): New.
	(make_decl_rtl): Remove second parameter.  Update callers in many
	files.

2004-08-05  Adam Nemet  <anemet@lnxw.com>

	* config.gcc (case i[34567]86-*-lynxos*): Update to LynxOS 4.0.
	(case rs6000-*-lynxos*): Rename it to powerpc-*-lynxos*.  Update
	to LynxOS 4.0.
	* gthr-lynx.h: New file.
	* config/lynx-ng.h: Remove file.
	* config/lynx.h: Update to LynxOS 4.0.
	* config/t-lynx: New file.
	* config/i386/lynx-ng.h: Remove file.
	* config/i386/lynx.h: Update to LynxOS 4.0.
	* config/rs6000/lynxbase.h: Remove file.
	* config/rs6000/lynx.h: Update to LynxOS 4.0.
	* config/rs6000/t-lynx: New file.
	* doc/install.texi (Options specification): Remove reference to
	LynxOS from systems where --with-gnu-as makes a difference.

2004-08-05  Joseph S. Myers  <jsm@polyomino.org.uk>

	* c-common.c (c_stddef_cpp_builtins): Define __INTMAX_TYPE__ and
	__UINTMAX_TYPE__.
	* c-cppbuiltin.c (builtin_define_stdint_macros): New.  Define
	__INTMAX_MAX__.
	(c_cpp_builtins): Call it.
	* doc/cpp.texi: Update.

2004-08-04  David Edelsohn  <edelsohn@gnu.org>

	* config/rs6000/rs6000.c (rs6000_rtx_costs): LABEL_REFs are zero
	cost.

2004-08-04  Jan Hubicka  <jh@suse.cz>

	* basic-block.h (profile_staus): New global variable.
	* cfg.c (profile_status): Declare.
	(check_bb_profile): Break out from ....; use profile_status
	(dump_flow_info): ... here.
	* cfgbuild.c (find_basic_blocks): Set profile_status.
	* cfgexpand.c (tree_expand_cfg): Likewise.
	* predict.c (estimate_probability): Likewise.
	* profile.c (branch_prob): Likewise.
	* tree-cfg.c (build_tree_cfg): Likewise.
	(dump_function_to_file): Use check_bb_profile.
	* tree-pretty-print (dump_bb_header): Likewise.
	* tree-profile.c (do_tree_profiling): Cleanup.

2004-08-04  Zack Weinberg  <zack@codesourcery.com>

	* Makefile.in (RTL_BASE_H, RTL_H): Correct.
	(BUILD_RTL): Remove $(BUILD_PREFIX) from ggc-none.o.
	(genobjs): Add errors.o, ggc-none.o, and min-insn-modes.o.
	(read-rtl.o, gensupport.o, genconfig.o, genflags.o, gencodes.o)
	(genconstants.o, genemit.o, genopinit.o, genrecog.o, genextract.o)
	(genpeep.o, genattr.o, genattrtab.o, genautomata.o, genoutput.o)
	(genconditions.o): Depend on $(RTL_BASE_H) not $(RTL_H).
	(ggc-none.o, errors.o): Move rule to generators section;
	correct dependencies.
	(min-insn-modes.o): Move rule to generators section; remove
	unnecessary explicit command; correct dependencies.
	(print-rtl.o, print-rtl1.o): Correct dependencies.
	($(BUILD_PREFIX_1)errors.o. $(BUILD_PREFIX_1)ggc-none.o): Delete rule.
	(mostlyclean): Update.

	* errors.c: Include bconfig.h not config.h.  Correct comment.
	* gengtype.c, genpreds.c: Don't define NO_GENRTL_H.
	* ggc-none.c: Include bconfig.h; not config.h or tm.h.
	* print-rtl.c: Don't include tm_p.h.

	* rtl.h: Move forward-decl of struct function down where it's
	needed.  Include genrtl.h #ifndef GENERATOR_FILE, not
	#ifndef NO_GENRTL_H.  Remove unnecessary #ifdef BUFSIZ statements.

2004-08-04  Zdenek Dvorak  <rakdver@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
	    Jeff Law  <law@redhat.com>

	* tree-cfg.c (tree_duplicate_bb): Mark duplicated definitions.
	* tree-flow.h (rewrite_ssa_into_ssa): Declaration changed.
	* tree-into-ssa.c (rewrite_ssa_into_ssa): Use new interface to
	manipulate the duplicated ssa names.
	* tree-ssanames.c (ssa_names_to_rewrite): New variable.
	(marked_for_rewrite_p, any_marked_for_rewrite_p, mark_for_rewrite,
	unmark_all_for_rewrite, marked_ssa_names, release_ssa_name_force):
	New functions.
	(release_ssa_name): Do not release ssa names that may have multiple
	definitions.
	* tree.h (release_ssa_name_force, mark_for_rewrite,
	unmark_all_for_rewrite, marked_for_rewrite_p, any_marked_for_rewrite_p,
	marked_ssa_names): Declare.
	* tree-ssa-loop-ch.c (mark_defs_for_rewrite): Remove.
	(duplicate_blocks): Remove call to mark_defs_for_rewrite.
	Update call to rewrite_ssa_into_ssa.

2004-08-04  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	* defaults.h (TARGET_DECLSPEC): New macro.
	* c-cppbuiltin.c (c_cpp_builtins): Handle TARGET_DECLSPEC.
	* config/arm/pe.h (SUBTARGET_CPP_SPEC): Remove __declspec support.
	* config/arm/symbian.h (TARGET_DLLIMPORT_DECL_ATTRIBUTES): Define.
	* config/i386/beof-elf.h (TARGET_OS_CPP_BUILTINS): Remove
	__declspec support.
	(TARGET_DECLSPEC): Define.
	* config/i386/cygming.h (TARGET_OS_CPP_BUILTINS): Remove
	__declspec support.
	* config/i386/i386-interix.h (TARGET_OS_CPP_BUILTINS): Remove
	__declspec support.
	(TARGET_DECLSPEC): Define.
	* config/mcore/mcore.h (TARGET_CPU_CPP_BUILTINS): Remove
	__declspec support.
	* config/sh/symbian-pre.h (SUBTARGET_CPP_SPEC): Remove __declspec
	support.
	* doc/tm.texi (TARGET_DECLSPEC): Document.

	* doc/extend.texi: Fix typo in comment.

2004-08-04  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* target-def.h (TARGET_CXX_CDTOR_RETURNS_THIS): Define.
	(TARGET_CXX): Use it.
	* target.h (struct gcc_target): Add cdtor_returns_this.
	* config/arm/arm.c (arm_cxx_cdtor_returns_this): New function.
	(TARGET_CXX_CDTOR_RETURNS_THIS): Define.
	* doc/tm.texi: Document TARGET_CXX_CDTOR_RETURNS_THIS.

2004-08-03  Nathan Sidwell  <nathan@codesourcery.com>

	* c-lex.c (narrowest_unsigned_type, narrowest_signed_type): Take
	low/high pair. Do range checking directly.
	(interpret_integer): Adjust.

2004-08-04  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* config/sh/sh.h (TARGET_SWITCHES): Add no-renesas to select the
	GCC ABI.
	* doc/invoke.texi: Document this new switch and also the -mrenesas
	switch.

2004-08-04  Nathan Sidwell  <nathan@codesourcery.com>

	* cfglayout.c (insn_locators_initialize): Update the current
	location before initializing a location.

2004-07-18  Paolo Bonzini  <bonzini@gnu.org>
2004-08-14  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* trans-decl.c (gfc_build_function_decl): Remove dead code.

2004-08-14  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* trans-arry.c (gfc_trans_auto_array_allocation): Remove unused var.

2004-08-13  Tobias Schlueter  <tobias.schlueter@physik.uni-muenchen.de>

	* gfortran.h: Add comments.
	* parse.c (parse_contained): Fix comment typo.
	* resolve.c (was_declared): Ditto.
	* symbol.c: Ditto.

2004-08-11  Paul Brook  <paul@codeourcery.com>

	PR fortran/16917
	* intrinsic.c (add_functions): Add dfloat as an alias for dble.

2004-08-10  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* f95-lang.c (gfc_init_builtin_functions): Remove
	 __builtin_stack_alloc, add __builtin_alloca.
	* trans-array.c (gfc_trans_auto_array_allocation): Use DECL_EXPR.
	* trans-decl.c (gfc_trans_auto_character_variable): Likewise.

2004-08-10  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* trans-io.c (transfer_expr): Handle pointters.

2004-08-10  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	PR fortran/16919
	* trans-array.c (gfc_add_loop_ss_code): Handle GFC_SS_COMPONENT.
	(gfc_conv_array_index_offset): Allow "temporary" with nonzero delta.
	(gfc_trans_preloop_setup, gfc_trans_scalarized_loop_boundary):
	Handle GFC_SS_COMPONENT.
	(gfc_conv_ss_startstride): Ditto.  Set ss->shape.
	(gfc_conv_loop_setup): Tweak commends. Remove dead code.
	Use ss->shape.
	(gfc_conv_array_initializer): Call specific initializer routines.
	* trans-expr.c (gfc_trans_structure_assign): New function.
	(gfc_trans_subarray_assign): New function.
	(gfc_trans_subcomponent_assign): New fucntion
	(gfc_conv_structure): Use them.
	* trans.h (gfc_ss_type): Add GFC_SS_COMPONENT.
	(gfc_ss): Add shape.

2004-08-08  Victor Leikehman  <lei@il.ibm.com>

	* simplify.c (gfc_simplify_shape): Bugfix.
	* expr.c (gfc_copy_shape_excluding): New function.
	* gfortran.h (gfc_get_shape): Bugfix.
	(gfc_copy_shape_excluding): Added declaration.
	* iresolve.c (gfc_resolve_all, gfc_resolve_any, gfc_resolve_count,
	gfc_resolve_cshift, gfc_resolve_eoshift, gfc_resolve_lbound,
	gfc_resolve_ubound, gfc_resolve_transpose): Added compile
	time resolution of shape.

2004-08-06  Janne Blomqvist  <jblomqvi@cc.hut.fi>

	* intrinsic.c (add_subroutines): Add getenv and
	get_environment_variable. (add_sym_5s): New function.
	* intrinsic.h (gfc_resolve_get_environment_variable): Add
	prototype.
	* iresolve.c (gfc_resolve_get_environment_variable): New
	function.

2004-08-06  Feng Wang  <fengwang@nudt.edu.cn>

	* f95-lang.c (gfc_init_builtin_functions): Fix the number of
	__builtin_pow[f] arguments.

2004-08-06  Steven G. Kargl  <kargls@comcast.net>

	* arith.c: Add #define for model numbers.  Remove global GMP variables.
	(natural_logarithm,common_logarithm,exponential,sine,
	cosine,arctangent,hypercos,hypersine ): Remove.
	(gfc_mpfr_to_mpz,gfc_set_model_kind,gfc_set_model): New functions.
	(arctangent2,gfc_arith_init_1,gfc_arith_done_1
	gfc_check_real_range, gfc_constant_result, gfc_range_check,
	gfc_arith_uminus,gfc_arith_plus, gfc_arith_minus, gfc_arith_times,
	gfc_arith_divide,complex_reciprocal,complex_pow_ui,
	gfc_arith_power,gfc_compare_expr,compare_complex,gfc_convert_real,
	gfc_convert_complex,gfc_int2real,gfc_int2complex,
	gfc_real2int,gfc_real2real,gfc_real2complex,
	gfc_complex2int,gfc_complex2real,gfc_complex2complex): Convert GMP
	to MPFR, use new functions.
	* arith.h: Remove extern global variables.
	(natural_logarithm,common_logarithm,exponential, sine, cosine,
	arctangent,hypercos,hypersine): Remove prototypes.
	(arctangent2): Update prototype from GMP to MPFR.
	(gfc_mpfr_to_mpz, gfc_set_model_kind,gfc_set_model): Add prototypes.
	* dump-parse-tree.c (gfc_show_expr): Convert GMP to MPFR.
	* expr.c (free_expr0,gfc_copy_expr): Convert GMP to MPFR.
	* gfortran.h (GFC_REAL_BITS): Remove.
	(arith): Add ARITH_NAN.
	Include mpfr.h.  Define GFC_RND_MODE.
	Rename GCC_GFORTRAN_H GFC_GFC_H.
	(gfc_expr): Convert GMP to MPFR.
	* module.c: Add arith.h, correct type in comment.
	(mio_gmp_real): Convert GMP to MPFR.
	(mio_expr):  Use gfc_set_model_kind().
	* primary.c:  Update copyright date with 2004.
	(match_real_constant,match_const_complex_part): Convert GMP to MPFR.
	* simplify.c: Remove global GMP variables
	(gfc_simplify_abs,gfc_simplify_acos,gfc_simplify_aimag,
	gfc_simplify_aint,gfc_simplify_dint,gfc_simplify_anint,
	gfc_simplify_dnint,gfc_simplify_asin,gfc_simplify_atan,
	gfc_simplify_atan2,gfc_simplify_ceiling,simplify_cmplx,
	gfc_simplify_conjg,gfc_simplify_cos,gfc_simplify_cosh,
	gfc_simplify_dim,gfc_simplify_dprod,gfc_simplify_epsilon,
	gfc_simplify_exp,gfc_simplify_exponent,gfc_simplify_floor,
	gfc_simplify_fraction,gfc_simplify_huge,gfc_simplify_int,
	gfc_simplify_ifix,gfc_simplify_idint,gfc_simplify_log,
	gfc_simplify_log10,simplify_min_max,gfc_simplify_mod,
	gfc_simplify_modulo,gfc_simplify_nearest,simplify_nint,
	gfc_simplify_rrspacing,gfc_simplify_scale,
	gfc_simplify_set_exponent,gfc_simplify_sign,gfc_simplify_sin,
	gfc_simplify_sinh,gfc_simplify_spacing,gfc_simplify_sqrt,
	gfc_simplify_tan,gfc_simplify_tanh,gfc_simplify_tiny,
	gfc_simplify_init_1,gfc_simplify_done_1):  Convert GMP to MPFR.
	Use new functions.
	* trans-const.c (gfc_conv_mpfr_to_tree): Rename from
	gfc_conv_mpf_to_tree.  Convert it to use MPFR
	(gfc_conv_constant_to_tree): Use it.
	* trans-const.h: Update prototype for gfc_conv_mpfr_to_tree().
	* trans-intrinsic.c: Add arith.h, remove gmp.h
	(gfc_conv_intrinsic_aint,gfc_conv_intrinsic_mod): Convert GMP to MPFR.

2004-08-06  Victor Leikehman  <lei@il.ibm.com>
	Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* trans-array.c (gfc_trans_allocate_array_storage,
	gfc_trans_allocate_temp_array, gfc_add_loop_ss_code,
	gfc_conv_loop_setup): For functions, if the shape of the result
	is not known in compile-time, generate an empty array descriptor for
	the result and let the callee to allocate the memory.
	(gfc_trans_dummy_array_bias): Do nothing for pointers.
	(gfc_conv_expr_descriptor): Use function return values directly.
	* trans-expr.c (gfc_conv_function_call): Always add byref call
	insn to pre chain.
	(gfc_trans_pointer_assignment): Add comments.
	(gfc_trans_arrayfunc_assign): Don't chain on expression.

2004-08-12  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	PR c++/16273
	* class.c (count_depth_data): New type.
	(dfs_depth_post): New function.
	(dfs_depth_q): Likewise.
	(find_final_overrider_data_s): Change type of vpath.
	Add vpath_list.
	(dfs_find_final_overrider_1): New function.
	(dfs_find_final_overrider): Use it.
	(dfs_find_final_overrider_q): Adjust use of vpath.
	(dfs_find_final_overrider_post): Likewise.
	(find_final_overrider): Use dfs_depth.  Allocate and deallocate
	vpath_list.

2004-08-12 Jan Beulich <jbeulich@novell.com>

	* parser.c (cp_parser_asm_definition): Properly consume scope operator
	tokens preceding the clobbers. Don't check for scope operator
	following inputs. Simplify inputs handling to match that now used for
	clobbers.

2004-08-11  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	PR c++/16698
	* except.c (build_throw): Allocate cleanup_type and the function
	for __cxa_throw separately.

	PR c++/16853
	* call.c (standard_conversion): Do not accept conversions between
	pointers to members if the class types are unrelated.

	PR c++/16618
	* parser.c (cp_parser_builtin_offsetof): Cast to "const volatile
	char &" instead of just "char &".

	PR c++/16870
	* pt.c (tsubst): Just return the unknown_type_node.

2004-08-11  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	PR c++/16964
	* parser.c (cp_parser_class_specifier): Robustify.

	PR c++/16904
	* pt.c (tsubst_copy_and_build): Complain about invalid
	qualification.

	PR c++/16929
	* pt.c (tsubst_default_argument): Clear out current_class_ptr and
	current_class_ref while tsubsting.

2004-08-10  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	PR c++/16971
	* parser.c (cp_parser_init_declarator): Robustify.

2004-08-06  Richard Sandiford  <rsandifo@redhat.com>

	* typeck2.c (process_init_constructor): Guard the missing field warning
	with warn_missing_field_initializers rather than extra_warnings.

2004-08-06  Paolo Bonzini  <bonzini@gnu.org>

	* class.c (instantiate_type) <ENTRY_VALUE_EXPR>: Do not handle.

2004-08-05  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	* decl.c (start_preparsed_function): Move determine_visibility
	call.
	* decl2.c (determine_visibility): Incorporate dllexport testing.

2004-08-05  Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@apple.com>

	* g++spec.c (lang_specific_driver): An -Xlinker or -Wl, option
	means that libstdc++ is needed.

2004-08-05  Nathan Sidwell  <nathan@codesourcery.com>

	* cvt.c (cp_convert_to_pointer): Adjust force_fit_type call.

2004-08-04  Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@apple.com>

	* decl.c (make_rtl_for_nonlocal_decl): Set DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME rather
	than passing it as a parameter to rest_of_decl_compilation.
	* decl2.c (grokfield): Use set_user_assembler_name.

2004-08-04  Nathan Sidwell  <nathan@codesourcery.com>

	* decl.c (complete_array_type): Don't gratuitously copy
	maxindex. Its type is always set.

2004-08-04  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* Make-lang.in (cp/semantics.o, cp/optimize.o): Depend on TARGET_H.
	* cp-tree.h (struct language_function): Rename x_dtor_label to
	x_cdtor_label.
	(dtor_label): Rename ...
	(cdtor_label): ... to this.
	* decl.c (begin_constructor_body): Remove.
	(check_special_function_return_type): Maybe change the return type.
	(grokdeclarator): Pass the class type.
	(start_preparsed_function): Constructors may need a return label.
	(finish_constructor_body, finish_destructor_body): Set the return
	value.
	(begin_function_body): Don't call begin_constructor_body.
	(finish_function): Don't warn for constructors or destructors.
	(implicitly_declare_fn): Maybe change the return type.
	* optimize.c: Include target.h.
	(maybe_clone_body): Remap the function result.
	* semantics.c: Include target.h.
	(finish_return_stmt): Maybe jump to return label for constructors.

2004-08-10  Bryce McKinlay  <mckinlay@redhat.com>

	* java-gimplify.c (java_gimplify_new_array_init): Use create_tmp_var.
	Don't create BLOCK here or call java_gimplify_block.

2004-08-09  H.J. Lu  <hongjiu.lu@intel.com>

	* java-tree.h (flag_deprecated): Removed.
	* lang.opt (Wdeprecated): Use existing Var(warn_deprecated).
	* parse.y (check_deprecation): Check warn_deprecated instead of
	flag_deprecated.

2004-08-06  Kelley Cook  <kcook@gcc.gnu.org>

	* lang.c (flag_emit_class_files, flag_filelist_file, flag_redundant,
	flag_use_divide_subroutine, flag_use_boehm_gc, flag_store_check,
	flag_hash_synchronization, flag_assert, flag_jni, flag_newer,
	flag_check_references, flag_extraneous_semicolon, flag_deprecated,
	flag_force_classes_archive_check, flag_optimize_sci,
	flag_indirect_dispatch): Remove explicit declarations.
	* lang.opt: Add implicit declare/define/assign.  Remove obsolete
	final comment.

2004-08-05  Michael Chastain  <mec.gnu@mindspring.com>

	PR bootstrap/14893
	* Make-lang.in (java.install-man): Install from either build
	tree or source tree, whichever has the file first.

2004-08-05  Nathan Sidwell  <nathan@codesourcery.com>

	* jcf-parse.c (get_constant): Adjust force_fit_type call.
	* lex.h (SET_LVAL_NODE_TYPE): Remove.
	* lex.c (java_perform_atof): Use SET_LVAL_NODE directly.
	(do_java_lex): Likewise. Adjust force_fit_type call.

2004-08-04  Roger Sayle  <roger@eyesopen.com>
	    Andrew Haley  <aph@redhat.com>

	* typeck.c (convert_ieee_real_to_integer): Call fold on the range
	checking trees as they're being built.
	(convert): Call convert_ieee_real_to_integer if we're
	converting a constant, even if we're writing a class file.

2004-08-14  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* gcc.dg/torture/builtin-attr-1.c: Fix scalbln prototype.
	* gcc.dg/pack-test-4.c (main): Return 0.
	* gcc.dg/setjmp-1.c: Remove XFAIL.
	* gcc.dg/tree-ssa/20040615-1.c: Pass during dom1.

2004-08-14  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>

	* gcc.dg/980217-1.c: Add prototype for printf.

2004-08-13  Bud Davis  <bdavis9659@comcast.net>

	* gfortran.dg/pr16935.f90: New test.

2004-08-13  Janis Johnson  <janis187@us.ibm.com>

	* g++.dg/ext/altivec-2.C: Revert previous changes and don't execute.

2004-08-13  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* gfortran.dg/der_io_1.f90: Remove stray comma.

2004-08-12  Janis Johnson  <janis187@us.ibm.com>

	* gcc.dg/vmx/cw-bug-2.c: Remove.
	* gcc.dg/vmx/vprint-1.c: Remove.
	* gcc.dg/vmx/vscan-1.c: Remove.

2004-08-12  Devang patel  <dpatel@apple.com>

	* gcc.dg/darwin-20040809-2.c: New test.

2004-08-12  Janis Johnson  <janis1872us.ibm.com>

	* g++.dg/ext/altivec-12.C: New test.

	* g++.dg/ext/altivec-11.C: New test.

2004-08-12  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* g++.dg/abi/arm_cxa_vec_1.C: New test.

2004-08-12  Janis Johnson  <janis187@us.ibm.com>

	* g++.dg/ext/altivec-2.C: Check for hardware support before
	executing any VMX instructions.

	* gcc.dg/vmx/ops-long-2.c: Add dg-error directives.

2004-08-12  Jakub Jelinek  <jakub@redhat.com>

	PR c++/16276
	* g++.old-deja/g++.other/comdat4.C: New test.
	* g++.old-deja/g++.other/comdat4-aux.cc: New.

2004-08-12  Ben Elliston  <bje@au.ibm.com>

	PR target/16286
	* gcc.dg/pr16286.c: New test.

2004-08-12 Jan Beulich <jbeulich@novell.com>

	* g++.dg/ext/asm5.C: New.

2004-08-11  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	PR c++/16698
	* g++.dg/eh/crash1.C: New test.

	PR c++/16717
	* g++.dg/ext/construct1.C: New test.

2004-08-11  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	PR c++/16853
	* g++.dg/init/ptrmem1.C: New test.

	PR c++/16618
	* g++.dg/parse/offsetof5.C: New test.

	PR c++/16870
	* g++.dg/template/overload3.C: New test.

2004-08-11  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	PR c++/16964
	* g++.dg/parse/error16.C: New test.

	PR c++/16904
	* g++.dg/template/error14.C: New test.

	PR c++/16929
	* g++.dg/template/error15.C: New test.

2004-08-11  Devang Patel  <dpatel@apple.com>

	* gcc.dg/darwin-ld-20040809-1.c: New test.
	* gcc.dg/darwin-ld-20040809-2.c: New test.

2004-08-11  Steven G. Kargl  <kargls@comcast.net>

	PR fortran/16917
	* gfortran.dg/dfloat_1.f90: New test.

2004-08-09  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	* gcc.dg/testsuite/gcc.dg/arm-eabi1.c: New test.
	* gcc.dg/dll-2.c: Fix dg-require syntax.
	* gcc.misc-tests/arm-isr.c (abort): Declare.
	(exit): Likewise.

2004-08-10  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	PR c++/16971
	* g++.dg/parse/crash16.C: New test.

2004-08-10  Roger Sayle  <roger@eyesopen.com>

	* gcc.dg/mips-rsqrt-1.c: New test case.
	* gcc.dg/mips-rsqrt-2.c: New test case.
	* gcc.dg/mips-rsqrt-3.c: New test case.

2004-08-10  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* gfortran.dg/der_io_1.f90: New test.

2004-08-10  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	PR fortran/16919
	* gfortran.dg/der_array_1.f90: New test.

2004-08-09  David Edelsohn  <edelsohn@gnu.org>

	* gcc.dg/cpp/assert4.c: _AIX asserts #system(unix).

2004-08-09  Paolo Bonzini  <bonzini@gnu.org>

	* gcc.dg/wchar_t-2.c: Fix typo.

2004-08-09  Falk Hueffner  <falk@debian.org>

	PR tree-optimization/12517
	* gcc.c-torture/compile/pr12517.c: New test.

	PR tree-optimization/12578
	* gcc.c-torture/compile/pr12578.c: New test.

	PR tree-optimization/12899
	* gcc.c-torture/compile/pr12899.c: New test.

	PR rtl-optimization/14692
	* gcc.c-torture/compile/pr14692.c: New test.

	PR tree-optimization/16461
	* gcc.c-torture/compile/pr16461.c: New test.

2004-08-06  Janne Blomqvist  <jblomqvi@cc.hut.fi>

	* gfortran.dg/getenv_1.f90: New test.

2004-08-06  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	* gcc.dg/symbian4.c: Expect a 2-byte wchar_t, not a 4-byte
	wchar_t.
	* gcc.dg/symbian5.c: Test -fno-short-wchar.

2004-08-06  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* gfortran.dg/ret_array_1.f90: New test.
	* gfortran.dg/ret_pointer_1.f90: New test.

2004-08-06  Richard Sandiford  <rsandifo@redhat.com>

	* gcc.dg/missing-field-init-[12].c: New tests.
	* g++.dg/warn/missing-field-init-[12].C: New tests.

2004-08-06  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	* gcc.dg/enum2.c: New test.
	* gcc.dg/symbian3.c: Likewise.
	* gcc.dg/symbian4.c: Likewise.
	* gcc.dg/wchar_t-2.c: Likewise.

2004-08-05  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	* g++.dg/ext/visibility/visibility-8.C: Add constructor and
	destructor tests.

2004-08-05  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	* g++.dg/ext/visibility/assign1.C: Use scan-hidden and
	dg-require-visiblity.
	* g++.dg/ext/visibility/fvisibility-inlines-hidden.C: Likewise.
	* g++.dg/ext/visibility/fvisibility.C: Likewise.
	* g++.dg/ext/visibility/memfuncts.C: Likewise.
	* g++.dg/ext/visibility/new1.C: Likewise.
	* g++.dg/ext/visibility/pragma.C: Likewise.
	* g++.dg/ext/visibility/staticmemfuncts.C: Likewise.
	* g++.dg/ext/visibility/virtual.C: Likewise.
	* g++/dg/ext/visibility/visibility-1.C: Likewise.
	* g++/dg/ext/visibility/visibility-2.C: Likewise.
	* g++/dg/ext/visibility/visibility-3.C: Likewise.
	* g++/dg/ext/visibility/visibility-4.C: Likewise.
	* g++/dg/ext/visibility/visibility-5.C: Likewise.
	* g++/dg/ext/visibility/visibility-6.C: Likewise.
	* g++/dg/ext/visibility/visibility-7.C: Likewise.
	* g++/dg/ext/visibility/visibility-8.C: New test.
	* gcc.c-torture/compile/dll.x: Remove.
	* gcc.dg/dll-2.c: Use dg-require-dll
	* gcc.dg/visibility-10.c: New test.
	* lib/gcc-dg.exp (dg-require-dll): Add Symbian to list of targets
	supporting DLLs.
	* testsuite/lib/scanasm.exp (scan_hidden): New function.
	(scan_not_hidden): Likewise.

2004-08-05  David Edelsohn  <edelsohn@gnu.org>

	* gcc.dg/sh4a-fprun.c: Fix dg-do typo.

2004-08-05  Richard Sandiford  <rsandifo@redhat.com>

	* gcc.c-torture/execute/20040805-1.c: New test.

2004-08-04  Andrew Pinski  <pinskia@physics.uc.edu>

	* gcc.dg/20020118-1.c: Declare abort.
	* gcc.dg/altivec_check.h: Likewise.
	* gcc.dg/iftrap-2.c: Likewise.
	* gcc.dg/pragma-darwin.c: Likewise.
	* gcc.dg/rs6000-ldouble-1.c: Declare abort and exit.

2004-08-04  Geoffrey Keating  <geoffk@apple.com>

	* g++.dg/ext/altivec_check.h: Declare exit as extern "C".

2004-08-05  Joseph S. Myers  <jsm@polyomino.org.uk>

	* gcc.c-torture/execute/builtins/abs-2.c,
	gcc.c-torture/execute/builtins/abs-3.c,
	gcc.c-torture/execute/builtins/lib/abs.c, gcc.dg/format/format.h,
	gcc.dg/torture/builtin-attr-1.c: Use predefined macros for
	intmax_t, uintmax_t and their limits.
	* gcc.dg/intmax_t-1.c: New test.

2004-08-04  Giovanni Bajo  <giovannibajo@gcc.gnu.org>

	* g++.dg/tc1/dr147.C: Add reference to PR.

2004-08-03  Richard Sandiford  <rsandifo@redhat.com>

	* gcc.dg/mips-args-[23].c: Declare abort() and exit().
	* gcc.dg/torture/mips-hilo-[12].c: Likewise.

	* g++.dg/ext/visibility/assign1.C: New test.
	* g++.dg/ext/visibility/new1.C: Likewise.

2004-07-31  James A. Morrison  <phython@gcc.gnu.org>

	* compile/vars_def.tree: New File.
	* compile/badreturn.tree: New File.

2004-07-31  James A. Morrison  <phython@gcc.gnu.org>

	* Make-lang.in (TREE_BE_LIBS): Remove.
	(tree1): Depend on BACKEND and LIBDEPS.  Use BACKEND and LIBS instead
	of TREE_BE_LIBS.
	* parse.y: Add variable_defs_opt before statements_opt.
	Use tree_code_get_type instead of get_type_for_numeric_type.
	Reformat long lines.
	(parameters_opt): New rule.
	(function_prototype): Use parameters_opt.
	(return): Remove calls to print_token in error cases.  Use VOID_TYPE.
	(check_type_match): Use VOID_TYPE.
	* lex.l (update_lineno_charno): Ensure INPUT_LINE starts at 1.
	* tree1.c: Include version.h and cgraph.h
	(treelang_parse_file): Call cgraph_finalize_compilation_unit and
	cgraph_optimize.
	* treelang.h (item): Remove extraneous GTY.
	* treetree.h (get_type_for_numeric_type): Remove.
	* treetree.c: Include tree-dump.h, tree-iterator.h, tree-gimple.h,
	function.h, and cgraph.h.  Don't include rtl.h
	(keep_level_p): Remove.
	(tree_push_atomic_type_decl): Remove.
	(get_type_for_numeric_type): Remove.
	(tree_code_get_numeric_type): Remove.
	(global_bindings_p): Make static.
	(getdecls): Likewise.
	(insert_block): Likewise.
	(tree_code_if_start): Create a COND_EXPR and add it to the tree
	instead of creating rtl.
	(tree_code_if_else): Create a BIND_EXPR if any variables were created
	in the if statement.
	(tree_code_end_if): Likewise.
	(tree_code_create_function_prototype): Use tree_code_get_type.
	Don't use SET_DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME.
	(tree_code_create_function_initial): Set DECL_ARTIFICIAL and
	DECL_IGNORING_P on RESULT_DECL.  Use tree_code_get_type.  Don't call
	layout_decl on RESULT_DECL.  Don't call rtl expand functions.
	(tree_code_create_function_wrapup): Don't call rtl expand functions.
	Create a BIND_EXPR for each function.  Dump original and gimplified
	copies of the function tree.  Gimplify function.
	(tree_code_create_variable): Use tree_code_get_type.  Don't call
	layout_decl or expand_decl.  Fold CONVERT_EXPRs.
	(tree_code_generate_return): Fold CONVERT_EXPRs and MODIFY_EXPRs.
	Add RETURN_EXPR to the current statement list.  Don't call rtl expand
	functions.
	(tree_code_output_expression_statement): Append CODE to current
	statement list.
	(tree_code_get_expression): Fold expressions.  Build a pointer to
	a FUNCTION_TYPE intead of the called functions return type.
	(struct binding_level): Add statement list STMTS.
	(getstmtlist): New Function.
	(pushlevel): Make static.  Allocate an empty statement list.
	(poplevel): Make static.  Don't clear BLOCK_NODE's BLOCK_VARS.
	Don't use DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME.
	(tree_push_type_decl): Set TYPE_NAME of TYPE_NODE to ID.
	(treelang_init_decl_processing): Define basic types after unused types.
	Don't call tree_push_atomic_type_decl.
	(builtin_function): Don't call make_decl_rtl.
	(treelang_expand_function). New Function.

2004-08-10  Andrew Haley  <aph@redhat.com>

	* src/x86/ffi64.c (ffi_prep_args ): 8-align all stack arguments.

2004-08-14  Andreas Tobler  <a.tobler@schweiz.ch>
	* java/net/natInetAddressPosix.cc (lookup): Reflect rename of
	localhostAddress to loopbackAddress.
	* java/net/natInetAddressWin32.cc (lookup): Likewise.

2004-08-13  Bryce McKinlay  <mckinlay@redhat.com>

	* configure.in (GCINCS): Don't use "boehm-cflags". Instead, -I
	boehm-gc's include dirs.
	* configure: Rebuilt.
	* include/boehm-gc.h: Include gc_config.h.

2004-08-13  Bryce McKinlay  <mckinlay@redhat.com>

	* java/net/InetAddress.java (loopbackAddress): Renamed from
	localhostAddress.
	(getByName): Return loopback address for null hostname, without
	security check. Use lookup(), not getAllByName.
	(getAllByName): Return loopback address for null hostname, without
	security check.
	* java/net/natInetAddressPosix.cc (lookup): Don't perform security
	check here.

2004-08-13  Bryce McKinlay  <mckinlay@redhat.com>

	PR libgcj/17020
	Reported by Robin Green.
	* defineclass.cc (handleField): Don't throw exception on unrecognised
	modifier. Add FIXME comments for spec compliance.
	(handleMethod): Likewise.

2004-08-10  Hans Boehm <Hans.Boehm@hp.com>

	PR libgcj/16662
	* java/lang/natObject.cc (LOCK_LOG, LOG): Add debug tracing.
	(Almost everywhere): add LOG calls, fix, add comments.
	(_Jv_MonitorEnter): Replace masking of LOCKED bit with assertion.
	Add explicit check for LOCKED bit in slow case (PR 16662).
	(_Jv_MonitorExit): Add casts in debug-only code.
	Always release LOCKED bit before throwing exception.
	(_Jv_ObjectCheckMonitor): Lock may be held if lightweight lock
	isn't.  Handle easy cases without lock acquisition.
	(Object::wait): Use NotifyAll for lock inflation.

2004-08-12  David Daney  <ddaney@avtrex.com>

	* testsuite/libjava.lang/Process_1.java: New test.
	* testsuite/libjava.lang/Process_2.java: New test.
	* testsuite/libjava.lang/Process_3.java: New test.
	* testsuite/libjava.lang/Process_4.java: New test.
	* testsuite/libjava.lang/Process_5.java: New test.
	* testsuite/libjava.lang/Process_6.java: New test.
	* testsuite/libjava.lang/Process_1.out: Expected result.
	* testsuite/libjava.lang/Process_2.out: Expected result.
	* testsuite/libjava.lang/Process_3.out: Expected result.
	* testsuite/libjava.lang/Process_4.out: Expected result.
	* testsuite/libjava.lang/Process_5.out: Expected result.
	* testsuite/libjava.lang/Process_6.out: Expected result.

2004-08-12  David Daney  <ddaney@avtrex.com>

	PR libgcj/11801
	* java/lang/PosixProcess.java: Rewrote.
	* java/lang/natPosixProcess.cc: Rewrote.
	* java/lang/Runtime.java (execInternal): Declare throws IOException.
	* gcj/javaprims.h (ConcreteProcess$ProcessManager): Declare.
	* posix-threads.cc (block_sigchld) New function.
	(_Jv_ThreadRegister) Use it.
	(_Jv_ThreadStart) Use it.
	* configure.in (PLATFORM_INNER_NAT_HDRS): New AC_SUBST() used in...
	* Makefile.am: ... to specify extra native headers.
	* configure: Regenerated.
	* include/config.h: Regenerated.
	* Makefile.in: Regenerated.
	* gcj/Makefile.in: Regenerated.
	* include/Makefile.in: Regenerated.
	* testsuite/Makefile.in: Regenerated.

2004-08-12  Diego Novillo  <dnovillo@redhat.com>

	PR tree-optimization/16867
	* testsuite/libjava.lang/PR16867.java: New test.

2004-08-09  Per Bothner  <per@bothner.com>

	* gcj/javaprims.h (_Jv_Utf8Const): Change struct to a class,
	with private fields and access methods.
	(_Jv_NewStringUTF, _Jv_hashUtf8String): New function declarations.
	* gcj/cni.h (_Jv_NewStringUTF): Move to javaprims.h.
	* prims.cc (_Jv_Utf8COnst::init): New method implementation.
	( _Jv_makeUtf8Const): Rewrite using new constructors.
	(hashUtf8String): Rename to +_Jv_hashUtf8String and make non-static.
	* defineclass.cc: Use new _Utf8Const access/convenience methods.
	* jni.cc: Likewise.
	* resolve.cc: Likewise.
	* gcj/field.h: Likewise.
	* include/jvm.h: Likewise.
	* java/lang/Class.h: Likewise.
	* java/lang/natClass.cc: Likwise.
	* java/lang/natClassLoader.cc: Likewise
	* java/lang/reflect/natMethod.cc: Likewise
	* verify.cc: Likewise.
	(_Jv_BytecodeVerifier::make_utf8_const):  Optimize.
	(~_Jv_BytecodeVerifier):  Don't need second _Jv_Free call.

2004-08-10  Andrew Haley  <aph@redhat.com>

	* testsuite/libjava.lang/err14.java: New file.
	* testsuite/libjava.lang/err14.out: New file.

2004-08-05  Andreas Tobler  <a.tobler@schweiz.ch>

	* Makefile.am: Fix missing rename from x_nat_headers to
	xlib_nat_headers.
	* Makefile.in: Regenerated.

2004-08-04  Andrew Haley  <aph@redhat.com>

	* java/security/BasicPermission.java: Don't check wildcards.

2004-08-04  Thomas Fitzsimmons <fitzsim@redhat.com>
	    Michael Koch  <konqueror@gmx.de>

	* acinclude.m4: Correctly quote PKG_CHECK_MODULES.
	* configure.in: Replaced all usages of AC_LINK_FILES by
	AC_CONFIG_LINKS.
	* aclocal.m4,
	configure: Regenerated.

2004-08-04  Thomas Fitzsimmons  <fitzsim@redhat.com>
	    Michael Koch  <konqueror@gmx.de>

	* acconfig.h: Removed.
	* Makefile.am: Rename variables for xlib peer to include xlib and
	gtk_c_headers to gtk_jni_headers.
	* Makefile.in: Regenerated.

2004-08-04  Andrew Haley  <aph@redhat.com>

	* testsuite/lib/libjava.exp (bytecompile_file): Byte compile with
	debugging.
2004-08-13  Ziemowit Laski  <zlaski@apple.com>

	* objc/sarray.h: Hoist include of assert.h near the top of file,
	and mark the remainder of the file 'extern "C"'.

2004-08-13  Andrew Pinski  <pinskia@physics.uc.edu>

	* objc/Object.h: Move includes out of extern "C" blocks.
	* objc/encoding.h: Likewise.
	* objc/hash.h: Likewise.
	* objc/objc-api.h: Likewise.
	* objc/runtime.h: Likewise.
	* objc/sarray.h: Likewise.
	* objc/typedstream.h: Likewise.

2004-08-12  Ziemowit Laski  <zlaski@apple.com>

	* objc/NXConstStr.h: Update copyright date; bracket with
	'extern "C"' for C++ use; make include syntax consistent
	by using <...> instead of "..."; hoist <objc/...> includes
	above the 'extern "C"' block.
	* objc/Object.h: Likewise.
	* objc/Protocol.h: Likewise.
	* objc/encoding.h: Likewise.
	* objc/hash.h: Likewise.
	* objc/runtime.h: Likewise.
	* objc/sarray.h: Likewise.
	* objc/thr.h: Likewise.
	* objc/typedstream.h: Likewise.
	* objc/objc-api.h: Add 'extern "C"' block for C++ use.
	(objc_static_instances): For C++ case, do away with
	zero-sized array.
	(objc_method): Hoist definition to file scope.
	(_objc_load_callback, _objc_object_alloc, class_get_class_method,
	class_get_instance_method, class_create_instance,
	class_get_class_name, class_get_instance_size,
	class_get_meta_class, class_get_super_class, class_get_version,
	class_is_class, class_is_meta_class, class_set_version,
	class_get_gc_object_type, class_ivar_set_gcinvisible,
	get_imp): Rename 'class' parameter to '_class'.
	* objc/objc-list.h: Add 'extern "C"' block for C++ use.
	* objc/objc.h: Update copyright date.
	(arglist_t): Provide a union tag.

2004-08-13  Paolo Carlini  <pcarlini@suse.de>

	* src/debug.cc (_Error_formatter::_M_print_string): Fix thinko,
	memmove is not needed, memcpy suffices.

2004-08-13  Paolo Carlini  <pcarlini@suse.de>

	* include/std/std_fstream.h (class basic_ifstream,
	class basic_ofstream, class basic_fstream): Add const overloads
	of is_open, as per DR 365 [WP].
	* docs/html/ext/howto.html: Add an entry for DR 365.

2004-08-12  Paolo Carlini  <pcarlini@suse.de>

	* configure.ac: Specify version 1.8.5 in AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE.

2004-08-12  Paolo Carlini  <pcarlini@suse.de>

	PR libstdc++/16956
	* include/bits/sstream.tcc (basic_stringbuf<>::seekoff): Add __off
	to the returned value, reorganize a bit.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/seekoff/char/16956.cc: New.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/seekoff/wchar_t/16956.cc: New.

	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/seekoff/char/1.cc: Remove junk.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/seekoff/wchar_t/1.cc: Likewise.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/seekpos/char/1.cc: Likewise.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/seekpos/wchar_t/1.cc: Likewise.

2004-08-12  Paul Brook  <paul@codesourcery.com>

	* config/cpu/arm/cxxabi_tweaks.h: Define __cxa_vec_ctor_return and
	_GLIBCXX_CXA_VEC_CTOR_RETURN.
	* config/cpu/generic/cxxabi_tweaks.h: Ditto.
	* libsupc++/cxxabi.h (__cxa_vec_ctor, __cxa_vec_cctor): Use
	__cxa_vec_ctor_return.
	* libsupc++/vec.cc (__cxa_vec_ctor, __cxa_vec_cctor): Ditto.
	Use _GLIBCXX_CXA_VEC_CTOR_RETURN.

2004-08-12  Kelley Cook  <kcook@gcc.gnu.org>

	* Makefile.in, aclocal.m4, configure, include/Makefile.in,
	libmath/Makefile.in, libsupc++/Makefile.in, po/Makefile.in,
	src/Makefile.in, testsuite/Makefile.in: Regenerate

2004-08-12  Jan Beulich  <jbeulich@novell.com>

	* config/locale/generic/ctype_members.cc
	(ctype<wchar_t>::_M_convert_to_wmask): Default case must not use 0 as
	initializer for return value, as that is invalid for enumerated	types.
	* config/locale/gnu/ctype_members.cc
	(ctype<wchar_t>::_M_convert_to_wmask): Likewise.

2004-08-11  Paolo Carlini  <pcarlini@suse.de>

	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sbumpc/wchar_t/1.cc: Fix typo.

2004-08-11  Paolo Carlini  <pcarlini@suse.de>

	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/imbue/char/1.cc: Declare test
	variable.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/imbue/wchar_t/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/in_avail/char/1.cc: Remove junk.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/in_avail/wchar_t/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sbumpc/char/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sbumpc/wchar_t/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/setbuf/char/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/setbuf/wchar_t/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sgetc/char/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sgetc/wchar_t/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sgetn/char/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sgetn/wchar_t/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/snextc/char/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/snextc/wchar_t/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sputbackc/char/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sputbackc/wchar_t/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sputc/char/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sputc/wchar_t/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sputn/char/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sputn/wchar_t/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sungetc/char/1.cc: Ditto.
	* testsuite/27_io/basic_stringbuf/sungetc/wchar_t/1.cc: Ditto.

2004-08-11  Paolo Carlini  <pcarlini@suse.de>
	    Petur Runolfsson  <peturr02@ru.is>

	PR libstdc++/16959
	* src/ios_init.cc (ios_base::sync_with_stdio): Make sure the
	standard streams are constructed.
	* testsuite/27_io/ios_base/sync_with_stdio/16959.cc: New.

2004-08-09  Paolo Carlini  <pcarlini@suse.de>

	* include/bits/stl_bvector.h: Trivial formatting fixes.

2004-08-09  Paolo Carlini  <pcarlini@suse.de>

	* src/ios.cc (ios_base::_M_grow_words): Uglify the names.

2004-08-07  Jonathan Wakely  <redi@gcc.gnu.org>
	    Paolo Carlini  <pcarlini@suse.de>

	* src/debug.cc (_Error_formatter::_M_print_string): In order
	to print individual words from __string, _M_format_word can't
	be called since may be just sprintf, thus ignoring completely
	__n: instead, use memmove and append '\0' by hand.

2004-08-07  Paolo Carlini  <pcarlini@suse.de>

	* config/locale/generic/c_locale.h (__convert_from_v): Don't
	use a default for __prec, assume __prec >= 0 and simplify.
	* config/locale/gnu/c_locale.h (__convert_from_v): Likewise.
	* include/bits/locale_facets.tcc (money_put<>::do_put(long double)):
	Pass format "%.*Lf" + precision == 0, equivalent to "%.0Lf".

2004-08-04  Phil Edwards  <phil@codesourcery.com>

	* docs/html/configopts.html:  Emphasize that options change.
	* docs/html/17_intro/configury.html:  Update links.

2004-08-14  Kelley Cook  <kcook@gcc.gnu.org>

	* gcc_release (build_sources): Add comment header to generated
	MD5SUMS.

2004-08-06  Kelley Cook  <kcook@gcc.gnu.org>

	* gcc_release (snapshot_print): Accept arguments.  Don't use echo -e.
	(announce_snapshot):  Update for above.  Don't use echo -e.

2004-08-09  Mark Mitchell  <mark@codesourcery.com>

	* configure.ac (arm*-*-eabi*): New target.
	(arm*-*-symbianelf*): Likewise.
	* configure: Regenerated.

2004-08-13  Bud Davis  <bdavis9659@comcast.net>

	PR gfortran/16935
	* io/open.c (st_open): use flags instead of the unit structure.

2004-08-10  Victor Leikehman  <lei@il.ibm.com>

	* io/list_read.c (namelist_read): Convert variable names
	to lower case, so that mixed-case names are recognized.
	Don't read beyond terminating slash.

2004-08-09  Richard Henderson  <rth@redhat.com>
	    Roger Sayle  <roger@eyesopen.com>

	* intrinsics/c99_functions.c (nextafterf): New implementation that
	works correctly with denormalized numbers.

2004-08-09  Victor Leikehman  <lei@il.ibm.com>

	* m4/matmul.m4, m4/matmull.m4, intrinsics/eoshift0.c,
	intrinsics/eoshift2.c, intrinsics/transpose_generic.c:
	Allocate space if return value has NULL in its data field.
	* generated/*.c: Regenerate.

2004-08-06  Janne Blomqvist  <jblomqvi@cc.hut.fi>

	* intrinsics/env.c: New file.
	* Makefile.am: Add env.c to build.
	* Makefile.in: Regenerate.

2004-08-05  Victor Leikehman  <lei@il.ibm.com>

	PR libgfortran/16704
	* io/read.c (read_radix): Understand letters f and F as hex digits.

2004-08-04  Victor Leikehman  <lei@il.ibm.com>

	* libgfortran.h (array_t, size0) New declarations.
	* m4/ifunction.m4, m4/transpose.m4, intrinsics/cshift0.c: Allocate
	space if return value descriptor has NULL in its data field,
	and initialize bounds and stride.
	* intrinsics/size.c (array_t, size0): Declarations moved to
	libgfortran.h.
	* generated/*.c: Regenerate.

* Re: new FAILs on HEAD
@ 2003-12-25  0:38       ` Laurent GUERBY
From: Laurent GUERBY @ 2003-12-25  0:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zack Weinberg; +Cc: gcc-regression, gcc

On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 06:22, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> mutter mumble ada/acats/tests/c9/c974001.a mumble grumble ...

This one tests a tasking feature, it is more likely to be dependant
on the thread library than the code generator. On these kind of test
we may be "lucky" most of the times and sometimes get
a failure.

This one has never failed during my tests on x86-linux glibc 2.3.2
from Fedora Core 1 on the past few weeks.

Laurent

* Re: new FAILs on HEAD
@ 2003-12-24 11:16     ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 2003-12-24 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-regression; +Cc: gcc

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> writes:

>> > FAIL:	c974001
>> >
>> > were caused by one of the following checkins
>> [snip list]
>> > debian GNU/Linux i686 unstable
>>
>> This is NOT enough information.  To start with, I have no idea what
>> "c974001" means.  Even if I did, you would need to make the complete
>
> FYI, that's how the ACATS tests are named, I believe.

mutter mumble ada/acats/tests/c9/c974001.a mumble grumble ...

zw

* Re: new FAILs on HEAD
@ 2003-12-24 11:15   ` Daniel Jacobowitz
From: Daniel Jacobowitz @ 2003-12-24 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-regression, gcc

       [not found] <20031224055000.A1860@ds217-115-141-84>
@ 2003-12-24 11:14 ` Zack Weinberg
From: Zack Weinberg @ 2003-12-24 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc-regression; +Cc: gcc

gcc@ds217-115-141-84.dedicated.hosteurope.de writes:

> If you directly receive this mail, your name is tagged to one of the ChangeLog
> entries. A copy is also mailed to gcc-regressions.
>
> These new FAILs
>
> FAIL:	c974001
>
> were caused by one of the following checkins
[snip list]
> debian GNU/Linux i686 unstable

This is NOT enough information.  To start with, I have no idea what
"c974001" means.  Even if I did, you would need to make the complete
log files from your test run available so that we can figure out what
went wrong.  By "make available" incidentally I mean "put it on a
website and post the URLs", not "attach to the message".

"debian GNU/Linux i686 unstable" is unambiguous, but it would be
better to show the output of config.guess as we are all used to
thinking in those terms.  And that information should be up top
of the message, and ideally in the Subject line too, not buried under
the changelog.

You should also publish complete details of your testing methodology
so that we can tell whether there are any problems with your set-up.

Finally, you should send your messages with a valid email address
attached to them, and your name.  I have no idea if you'll even see
this.

zw

* new FAILs on HEAD
@ 2003-07-31 10:31 gcc
From: gcc @ 2003-07-31 10:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

These new FAILs

FAIL: g++.old-deja/g++.other/crash18.C (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.misc-tests/mg.c

were caused by one of the following checkins

2003-07-30  Andreas Tobler  <a.tobler@schweiz.ch>

	* dyn_load.c: Define __private_extern__ to match Apple's system
	header.

2003-07-30  Zdenek Dvorak  <rakdver@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>

	* combine.c (distribute_notes): Cancel REG_VALUE_PROFILE notes.
	* gcov-io.h (GCOV_FIRST_VALUE_COUNTER, GCOV_LAST_VALUE_COUNTER,
	GCOV_N_VALUE_COUNTERS): New.
	* profile.c (compute_value_histograms): New static function.
	(branch_prob): Read back the value histograms.
	* rtl.c (reg_note_name): Add name for REG_VALUE_PROFILE note.
	* rtl.h (enum reg_note): Add REG_VALUE_PROFILE note.
	* value-prof.c: Add comment on reading the profile.
	* value-prof.h (COUNTER_FOR_HIST_TYPE, HIST_TYPE_FOR_COUNTER): New.
	* doc/invoke.texi (-fprofile-values): Document behavior with
	-fbranch-probabilities.

2003-07-30  David Edelsohn  <edelsohn@gnu.org>

	* longlong.h (PowerPC umul_ppmm): Do not test __vxworks__.

2003-07-30  Ulrich Weigand  <uweigand@de.ibm.com>

	* config/s390/s390.h (EH_RETURN_HANDLER_RTX): Compute offset
	symbolically.

Wed Jul 30 19:12:10 CEST 2003  Jan Hubicka  <jh@suse.cz>

	* gcse.c (insert_store): Ignore fake edges.

	* c-common.c (flag_vtable_gc): Kill.
	* c-common.g (flag_vtable_gc): Kill.
	* c-opts (c_common_handle_option): Kill.
	* c.opt (fvtable-gc): Kill.
	* final.c (final_scan_insn): Do not call assemble_vtable_entry.
	* output.h (assemble_vtable_entry, assemble_vtable_inherit): Kill.
	* varasm.c (assemble_vtable_entry, assemble_vtable_inherit): Kill.

	* invoke.texi (-ftable-gc): Kill documentation.

	* tree-inline.c (inlinable_function_p): Don't set DECL_UNINLINABLE
	just because function body is missing.

	* i386.c (pic_symbolic_operand): Properly detect RIP relative unspecs.

Wed Jul 30 19:12:48 CEST 2003  Jan Hubicka  <jh@suse.cz>

	* class.c (build_vtable_entry_ref): Kill.
	(build_vtbl_ref_1): Do not call build_vtable_entry_ref.
	(build_vfn_ref): Do not call build_vtable_entry_ref.
	* cp-lang.c (LANG_HOOKS_PREPARE_ASSEMBLE_VARIABLE): Kill.
	* cp-tree.h (prepare_assemble_variable): Kill.
	* cp-decl.c (prepare_assemble_variable): Kill.

Wed Jul 30 19:13:34 CEST 2003  Jan Hubicka  <jh@suse.cz>

	* vtgc1.c: Kill.

2003-07-08  Andrew Haley  <aph@redhat.com>

        * include/i386-signal.h (RESTORE): New.
        (INIT_SEGV): Set restorer.
        (INIT_FPE): Likewise.

2003-07-30  Phil Edwards  <pme@gcc.gnu.org>

	* include/bits/c++config:  Partial reversion (comment placement) of
	previous patch.

2003-07-30  Benjamin Kosnik  <bkoz@redhat.com>

	* include/bits/c++config (_GLIBCXX_FULLY_COMPLIANT_HEADERS): Remove.
	(_GLIBCXX_NO_TEMPLATE_EXPORT): To _GLIBCXX_EXPORT_TEMPLATE.
	(_GLIBCXX_AT_AT): Remove.
	(__USE_MALLOC): Remove.
	* include/std/std_fstream.h: Modify.
	* include/bits/basic_ios.h: Same.
	* include/bits/valarray_array.h: Same.
	* include/c_std/std_cmath.h: Same.
	* include/c_std/cmath.tcc: Same.
	* include/std/std_vector.h: Same.
	* include/std/std_string.h: Same.
	* include/std/std_stack.h: Same.
	* include/std/std_queue.h: Same.
	* include/std/std_list.h: Same.
	* include/std/std_deque.h: Same.
	* include/std/std_streambuf.h: Same.
	* include/std/std_sstream.h: Same.
	* include/std/std_ostream.h: Same.
	* include/std/std_istream.h: Same.
	* include/bits/valarray_array.tcc: Same, format.

	* include/c/std_cctype.h: Fix include guards.
	* include/c/std_cerrno.h: Same.
	* include/c/std_cfloat.h: Same.
	* include/c/std_climits.h: Same.
	* include/c/std_clocale.h: Same.
	* include/c/std_cmath.h: Same.
	* include/c/std_csetjmp.h: Same.
	* include/c/std_csignal.h: Same.
	* include/c/std_cstdarg.h: Same.
	* include/c/std_cstddef.h: Same.
	* include/c/std_cstdio.h: Same.
	* include/c/std_cstdlib.h: Same.
	* include/c/std_cstring.h: Same.
	* include/c/std_ctime.h: Same.
	* include/c/std_cwchar.h: Same.
	* include/c/std_cwctype.h: Same.
	* include/c_std/cmath.tcc: Same.
	* include/c_std/std_cmath.h: Same.

2003-07-30  Gawain Bolton  <gp.bolton@computer.org>

	PR libstdc++/11504.
	* include/bits/stl_tree.h: Replace C-style casts with C++-style
	casts.  Changes to avoid casting away constness.  Eliminate
	_Rb_tree_base_iterator class.  Change _Rb_tree_iterator to use
	initialization lists.  Move out implementation of __black_count()
	to...
        * src/stl_tree.cc: ...here and rename _Rb_tree_black_count().
        Rename_Rb_tree_base_iterator::_M_increment() to
        _Rb_tree_increment and _Rb_tree_base_iterator::_M_decrement() to
        _Rb_tree_decrement.
        * config/linker-map.gnu: Add and change symbols here.

2003-07-30  Jonathan Wakely  <redi@gcc.gnu.org>

	* docs/html/22_locale/howto.html: Use locale::classic() instead
	of locale("C").

2003-07-30  Andi Kleen  <ak@muc.de>

	* loop.c (check_dbra_loop): Allow LTU in the loop condition.

2003-07-30  Neil Booth  <neil@daikokuya.co.uk>

	* cppfiles.c (stack_file, open_file_failed): Use path for deps.