* Ada testsuite
@ 2003-12-08 10:42 Eric Botcazou
From: Eric Botcazou @ 2003-12-08 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnaud Charlet; +Cc: gcc

Hi Arnaud,

I don't know if this has been raised before, but when Ada support is enabled,
you can't selectively run only a part of the testsuite anymore.

For example, issuing

   gmake -k check-gcc RUNTESTFLAGS="ecos.exp"

normally should run only the tests commanded by the "ecos.exp" driver.

But with Ada enabled, the whole Ada testsuite appears to be rerun.

--
Eric Botcazou

* Re: Ada testsuite
@ 2003-12-08 10:51 ` Arnaud Charlet
From: Arnaud Charlet @ 2003-12-08 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Botcazou; +Cc: Arnaud Charlet, gcc

> I don't know if this has been raised before, but when Ada support is enabled,
> you can't selectively run only a part of the testsuite anymore.
>
> For example, issuing
>
>    gmake -k check-gcc RUNTESTFLAGS="ecos.exp"

Well, that's certainly surprising, since check-ada is not part of check-gcc,
but only part of make check.

The handling of check/check-gcc has been changed recently by Joseph S. Myers,
could this be related to these changes, or was the problem present before this
change ?

Arno

* Re: Ada testsuite
@ 2003-12-08 11:02   ` Joseph S. Myers
From: Joseph S. Myers @ 2003-12-08 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arnaud Charlet; +Cc: Eric Botcazou, gcc

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Arnaud Charlet wrote:

> Well, that's certainly surprising, since check-ada is not part of check-gcc,
> but only part of make check.

make check-gcc at toplevel runs make check in the gcc directory.

--
Joseph S. Myers
jsm@polyomino.org.uk

* Re: Ada testsuite
@ 2003-12-08 11:07     ` Arnaud Charlet
From: Arnaud Charlet @ 2003-12-08 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph S. Myers; +Cc: Arnaud Charlet, Eric Botcazou, gcc

> > Well, that's certainly surprising, since check-ada is not part of check-gcc,
> > but only part of make check.
>
> make check-gcc at toplevel runs make check in the gcc directory.

I see. I guess the check-ada rule could check whether RUNTESTFLAGS is
non null and do nothing if this is the case.

Arno