* [tree-ssa] filter_expr and exc_ptr_expr as gimple ID?
@ 2003-12-13  0:41 Jan Hubicka
From: Jan Hubicka @ 2003-12-13  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc, rth

Hi,
filter_expr and exc_ptr_expr can appear at left hand side of
modify_expr.
According to the current GIMPLE grammar this is invalid.  It seems to me
that these should be accepted as gimple ID, is that right?

Honza

* Re: [tree-ssa] filter_expr and exc_ptr_expr as gimple ID?
@ 2003-12-15 21:39 ` Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2003-12-15 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Hubicka; +Cc: gcc

On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 01:09:07AM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> According to the current GIMPLE grammar this is invalid.  It seems to me
> that these should be accepted as gimple ID, is that right?

Yes.

Really we should be using magic decls, but that means moving quite
a lot of except.c into tree-except.c; something I'm not prepared to
do right away.

r~

* Re: [tree-ssa] filter_expr and exc_ptr_expr as gimple ID?
@ 2003-12-16 21:49   ` Jan Hubicka
From: Jan Hubicka @ 2003-12-16 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Henderson, Jan Hubicka, gcc

> On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 01:09:07AM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
> > According to the current GIMPLE grammar this is invalid.  It seems to me
> > that these should be accepted as gimple ID, is that right?
>
> Yes.
>
> Really we should be using magic decls, but that means moving quite
> a lot of except.c into tree-except.c; something I'm not prepared to
> do right away.

OK, thanks.
I've bundled this into the verify_gimple_grammar patch already, so
everything should be fine.

Honza

@ 2003-12-17  3:30     ` law
From: law @ 2003-12-17  3:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Hubicka; +Cc: Richard Henderson, Jan Hubicka, gcc

In message <20031216204323.GE20094@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>, Jan Hubicka write
s:
 >> On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 01:09:07AM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
 >> > According to the current GIMPLE grammar this is invalid.  It seems to me
 >> > that these should be accepted as gimple ID, is that right?
 >>
 >> Yes.
 >>
 >> Really we should be using magic decls, but that means moving quite
 >> a lot of except.c into tree-except.c; something I'm not prepared to
 >> do right away.
 >
 >OK, thanks.
 >I've bundled this into the verify_gimple_grammar patch already, so
 >everything should be fine.
Any chance you could verify that tree-simple.[ch] comments are up-to-date in
regards to this extension to the simple grammar?

jeff

* Re: [tree-ssa] filter_expr and exc_ptr_expr as gimple ID?
@ 2003-12-17 16:34       ` Jan Hubicka
From: Jan Hubicka @ 2003-12-17 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: law; +Cc: Jan Hubicka, Richard Henderson, Jan Hubicka, gcc

> In message <20031216204323.GE20094@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>, Jan Hubicka write
> s:
>  >> On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 01:09:07AM +0100, Jan Hubicka wrote:
>  >> > According to the current GIMPLE grammar this is invalid.  It seems to me
>  >> > that these should be accepted as gimple ID, is that right?
>  >>
>  >> Yes.
>  >>
>  >> Really we should be using magic decls, but that means moving quite
>  >> a lot of except.c into tree-except.c; something I'm not prepared to
>  >> do right away.
>  >
>  >OK, thanks.
>  >I've bundled this into the verify_gimple_grammar patch already, so
>  >everything should be fine.
> Any chance you could verify that tree-simple.[ch] comments are up-to-date in
> regards to this extension to the simple grammar?

There is no specification of "ID" in the grammer, so there is no real
place to update.

I was thinking about a strategy to the grammar overall.  Currently
tree-simple.[ch] is out of date in several interesting ways, so I think
best thing to do is to get verify_gimple_grammar implementation I sent
last week into acceptable shape and then I can take a job of ensuring
that the implementation of verifier match the comments in future.
Having verifier will hopefully make the grammar more clean.

Honza