* Migration to target hooks
@ 2004-01-18 15:48 Kazu Hirata
From: Kazu Hirata @ 2004-01-18 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

Hi,

Speaking of hookizing...

A few days ago, I hookized most of target macros that are easy to
hookize.  (I am only alleviating the half migration issue, not
creating new nooks, though.)  I am thinking about submitting a patch
for one port at a time (instead of one macro at a time across all the
ports) for easier approvals.  Any objections?

FYI, I took care of most of

TARGET_ASM_EXTERNAL_LIBCALL
TARGET_EXPAND_BUILTIN_SAVEREGS
TARGET_PROMOTE_FUNCTION_ARGS
TARGET_PROMOTE_FUNCTION_RETURN
TARGET_PROMOTE_PROTOTYPES
TARGET_RETURN_IN_MEMORY
TARGET_STRICT_ARGUMENT_NAMING
TARGET_STRUCT_VALUE_RTX

By the way, some sub-targets override the corresponding target macros.
Is there any good way of handling this?  arm's RETURN_IN_MEMORY and
m68k's STRUCT_VALUE_REGNUM come to mind.  Define a macro that
indicates the sub-target in a sub-target header file (if not already
defined), and then reference it in tm.c?

Kazu Hirata

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-01-18 15:48 UTC | newest]