* Re: How to add timeout to Ada tests
@ 2004-03-25 19:43 Bauke van Dijk
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Bauke van Dijk @ 2004-03-25 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I try to run regular boostraps on i686-cygwin.
See for instance :
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-03/msg01264.html
This one is for 3.4 but I also see this on head (3.5)
see
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-03/msg01161.html

 From the failure I have to kill cxg2014 manualy because
that on keeps running

Any idea's how to fix this ?

--
Bauke

* Re: How to add timeout to Ada tests
@ 2004-03-25 20:46 ` Laurent GUERBY
From: Laurent GUERBY @ 2004-03-25 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

cxg2014 has no tasking and only for loops (so finite),
if it hangs, that probably because an exception is raised
and/or something is very wrong.

The cygwin port doesn't seem in a very good shape anyway...

Laurent

@ 2004-03-25 23:17 ` Chris Proctor
From: Chris Proctor @ 2004-03-25 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 07:46:29PM +0100, Bauke van Dijk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to run regular boostraps on i686-cygwin.
> See for instance :
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-03/msg01264.html
> This one is for 3.4 but I also see this on head (3.5)
> see
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-03/msg01161.html
>
> From the failure I have to kill cxg2014 manualy because
> that on keeps running
>
> Any idea's how to fix this ?
>
> --
> Bauke

Speaking of Cygwin - the ada Makefile.in has the following line:

ifeq ($(strip $(filter-out cygwin32% mingw32% pe,$(osys))),)

The standard cygwin configuration usually just has the "cygwin"
i.e. no "32".  This means that tasking does not work on an
out of the box cygwin ada compiler (even the current released
cygwin ada compiler will not run diners :( ).

Will the cygwin maintainers look into this and get it corrected.
Thanks.

--
Chris Proctor.

* Re: How to add timeout to Ada tests
@ 2004-03-30  6:20 ` Jim Wilson
From: Jim Wilson @ 2004-03-30  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bauke van Dijk wrote:
> Any idea's how to fix this ?

The Ada testsuite unfortunately does not support timeouts.  Writing a
dejagnu framework for the Ada testsuite would solve this, but would be a
bit of work.  I think this is the best solution.

Since the Ada testsuite is mostly shell scripts, it might be possible to
fix this by using shell limits, for instance the bash ulimit -t command.
  This isn't a perfect solution though, since ulimit -t limits cpu time,
and we really need something that limits clock time, in case there is a
deadlock.