* sh64 and mulilibs
@ 2004-09-03 22:30 DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 2004-09-03 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gcc

How are we supposed to configure these now?  There's nothing in the
docs about configure options, and it looks like they wouldn't work
anyway, as the t-mlib files define variables that aren't used
anywhere, and patching the t-mlib files doesn't seem to help either.

And if you have built sh64 multilibs recently, a few side questions:

* How are the C++ test results?

* Does EH work right?

* How about EH with pic/PIC?

I'm running into these questions with some older sources, and trying
to reproduce (and thus debug) them with the current sources.

* Re: sh64 and mulilibs
@ 2004-09-04  2:33 Joern Rennecke
From: Joern Rennecke @ 2004-09-04  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dj; +Cc: gcc

> How are we supposed to configure these now?  There's nothing in the
> docs about configure options, and it looks like they wouldn't work
> anyway, as the t-mlib files define variables that aren't used
> anywhere, and patching the t-mlib files doesn't seem to help either.

They are usually configured along the rest of the toolchain, e.g.:

#!/bin/bash
expect -c 'spawn cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@gcc.gnu.org:/cvs/gcc login' -c 'expect "CVS password"' -c 'send \r' -c interact
cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@gcc.gnu.org:/cvs/gcc co -ko -D "$IDATE $CO_TIME" gcc-core
cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@gcc.gnu.org:/cvs/gcc co -ko -D "$IDATE $CO_TIME" gcc/gcc/fixinc gcc-testsuite
cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@gcc.gnu.org:/cvs/gcc co -ko -D "$IDATE $CO_TIME" gcc-g++ gcc-g++-testsuite gcc-objc
echo $IDATE $CO_TIME > gcc/gcc/LAST_UPDATED
date
expect -c 'spawn cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src login' -c 'expect "CVS password"' -c 'send \r' -c interact
cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src co -ko -D "$IDATE $CO_TIME" binutils naked-newlib naked-libgloss naked-readline naked-mmalloc naked-utils src/djunpack.bat
date
mkdir srcw-l
cd srcw-l
ln -s ../gcc/* .
rm include libgfortran
ln -s ../src/* .
cd ..
cp -Lpr srcw-l srcw
cp gcc/include/*.h srcw/include/
mkdir sh64-elf
cd sh64-elf
../srcw/configure --target=sh64-elf --with-headers --with-newlib --disable-gdb
time make all-gcc all-target-newlib all-target-libstdc++-v3 all-target-libobjc

> And if you have built sh64 multilibs recently, a few side questions:
>
> * How are the C++ test results?

See:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-09/msg00085.html