* [RFC] fixing libstdc++/10606
@ 2004-09-13  0:12 Richard Henderson
From: Richard Henderson @ 2004-09-13  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: libstdc++, gcc

This is an ABI related bug that's been on my plate for forever.
A nice round number like 4.0 does seem to be the right place to
fix it, if we're going to do it at all.

Does anyone have any comments wrt the proposal in comment 3?

r~

* Re: [RFC] fixing libstdc++/10606
@ 2004-09-13  3:14 ` Gabriel Dos Reis
From: Gabriel Dos Reis @ 2004-09-13  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Henderson; +Cc: libstdc++, gcc

Richard Henderson <rth@redhat.com> writes:

| This is an ABI related bug that's been on my plate for forever.
| A nice round number like 4.0 does seem to be the right place to
| fix it, if we're going to do it at all.
|
| Does anyone have any comments wrt the proposal in comment 3?

That proposal is OK with me.  Jason seems to agree too.

-- Gaby

* Re: [RFC] fixing libstdc++/10606
@ 2004-09-13 17:52 ` Benjamin Kosnik
From: Benjamin Kosnik @ 2004-09-13 17:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Henderson; +Cc: libstdc++, gcc

Fixing this would be welcome indeed.

It would be nice if uncaught_exception accurately reflected in-flight
exceptions. I don't see how you can do this robustly without
incrementing in cxa_rethrow as Jason suggests.

-benjamin

* Re: [RFC] fixing libstdc++/10606
@ 2004-09-13 20:17   ` Mark Mitchell
From: Mark Mitchell @ 2004-09-13 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Benjamin Kosnik; +Cc: Richard Henderson, libstdc++, gcc

Benjamin Kosnik wrote:

>Fixing this would be welcome indeed.
>
>It would be nice if uncaught_exception accurately reflected in-flight
>exceptions. I don't see how you can do this robustly without
>incrementing in cxa_rethrow as Jason suggests.

I, too, agree with the analysis in the PR.

Richard, would you mind posting a patch to the IA64 ABI specification to
the cxx-abi-dev@codesourcery.com?

I'd like to get the addition incorporated into the EH stuff in the
quasi-offficial version of the spec.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC